I'm GoldenboyFTW, host of MLG's The War Report, and I am looking for feedback! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If your gonna die, Die with your pants off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-04, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Boildown
Sergeant

Re: I'm GoldenboyFTW, host of MLG's The War Report, and I am looking for feedback!

You should model it like a sportscast. Multiple camera angles, with a producer selecting the most interesting shot at any given time. Then commentate on that. And have a "color" guy who can talk about the deeper tactical and strategic (or operational) details besides just who killed whom.

I haven't really watched any episodes because early on the cast got a reputation for not being knowledgeable of the game, emphasizing the basics for raw noobs, etc. When I watch I want to learn something and appreciate well-organized play, like watching Drew Brees lead a game-winning touchdown drive. I don't need the PS2-equivalent explanation of what a draw play is.

Old 2013-06-04, 05:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: I'm GoldenboyFTW, host of MLG's The War Report, and I am looking for feedback!

Some first person action as if you were truly a war reporter would be awesome.

Some of the best videos from Planetside 1 were filmed from a cloaker who managed to not get shot.

Hopefully they'll allow you to slow down the observer cam enough to be able to try to be first person.

Sent you a PM too btw.

I feel like once you get a couple of "old school", established, or MLG like outfits on there, things are going to take off. I enjoy what you guys have done so far with your videos, but I feel like there is a whole other side of the big picture just waiting to come out.

Watching people shoot at each other in the distance is... okay....no matter how large the battle, but specific individuals or groups of individuals performing amazing feats......watching tactics, strategy, ass kickery, and "oh shit that's amazing" moments unfold right before your eyes, that's the kind of stuff I'd imagine would get people's heart rates going.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-06-04 at 06:03 PM.
Old 2013-06-05, 07:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Hamma
PSU Admin

Cant wait for observer cam to be improved to lockon to players or even view from their pov.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-06-05, 07:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Slow motion replay would be nice to have as well.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion