PSU: Celine Dion should just go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2008-04-02, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DarkSoul
Private

Question Is planetside dead?

I used to play 2 years ago, Ran what could have been a damn good outfit if it wasnt for one guy totally destroying it all.

Anyway, Ive been considering getting a subscription again, and have been playing with a trial account.

I login now and am lucky to see one small battle on one planet, whereas I remember before I could login at almost any time and easily find at least a couple of huge battles raging on various planets.

What are the good times to play now? are there any of these massive battles left?

This game has left me with withdrawls, I had so much fun playing this in the past, hanging out with my outfit going on mad raids, flying in with 2 gals and storming a base..... now it seems as if there are only enough people playing at any given time to have a quick fight with no point in hauling out a ton of vehicles.

My outfit was The Interstellar Destroyers.... anyone heard of it? remember it? Any of my mold members here at all?
Old 2008-04-02, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Kyonye
Contributor
General

Re: Is planetside dead?

My suggestion to you is to not sub. Not worth it anymore. But, it is your decision.

<Smaug> omg kyonye is hot
Old 2008-04-03, 06:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
DarkSoul
Private

biggest reason id like to sub is to access my friends list and see if anyone i used to play with, still plays. I did find one guy.

Its really sad to logon, look at the squads list and see maybe 4 or 5 squads playing(emerald) where before, there were like 20 or 30 squads.

This seriously makes me want to go on a raging marketing campaign for this game.
Why dont people play it anymore? what happened to it? This is the only game ever, that i could say i was truly addicted to, and the only one i would really ever spend any amount of time playing and really getting into.

it used to be so fun being in such chaotic battles, gunshots everywhere, bombs going off, and the fact that the battlefields are so huge.
another thing that i think adds to the exictment is the fact that there are no real objectives perse. there are empires, but there are no leaders to those empires. its the empires coming together to fight, and forming there own collective circles of command(squads, outfits....)

whats gone so wrong with the game that it has come to the point that its at now, and how could it possibly be restored to its former glory?
Old 2008-04-03, 07:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

This is the way I felt about an old MMOF(T)FPS called 10Six. (Does anyone remember it?)

It was literally one of the coolest MMOs out there, but the community just kind of died off one day. It ended up being sort of redeveloped by one of the old developers on his own time and renamed Project Visitor. That small resurrection was great, but I'm still not sure it ever was quite the same again. RIP 10Six.
Old 2008-04-08, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

I'm in the same boat. Re-subbed this month to see how things are going. Some of the rest of my outfit/gaming clan, Strength and Honour have re-subbed as well, but we have yet to coordinate anything. Perhaps we can coordinate something here in PSU. SnH runs primarily NC on Markov or Vanu on Emerald, but I'm open to whatever.

I really missed it too. It's good to be back, even with the small battles. It is still the ONLY true MMOFPS on the map. I know there are plans to bring the Reserves program back soon, as well as some other stuff, so hopefully that will add to the population numbers a bit.

Last edited by BizSAR; 2008-04-08 at 02:24 PM.
Old 2008-04-09, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
r0man-k
Private

I re-subscribed for the same reason recently and my advice would be to do it!! My old friends don't play very much anymore so I ended up leaving my old outfit on emerald and joining GOTR (VS). It was definitely the best decision.

All this talk about not finding good fights is only true, at least for me, at wierd times. If you log on at 10am EST yeah theres gonna be sucky fights but log on between 5pm and 10pm and there's still great battles. I now have a new outfit that is plenty active with teamspeak and I'm trying to get my roommate to subscribe too. Planetside is still fun if you make the effort
Old 2008-04-12, 05:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
delta
First Sergeant

I re-subbed this month and I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of people still playing. It's seems fairly active if you log on at peak times. I'll probably continue playing for a while and I'm looking for an outfit.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2008-04-12, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by delta View Post
I re-subbed this month and I have been pleasantly surprised with the amount of people still playing. It's seems fairly active if you log on at peak times. I'll probably continue playing for a while and I'm looking for an outfit.
We're trying to recruit in my outfit, Strength and Honour. There used to be 40-50 of us, but now we're down to 4 or so. Just a thought, if you're interested in helping us get more people. We've got a free TeamSpeak server too.

We're NC on Markov and VS on Emerald, but open for whatever.
Old 2008-04-13, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
delta
First Sergeant

Thanks BizSAR. I'd be interested in meeting you guys.

I'll log onto the website. I added you as a friend (is your ingame name BizSAR?) so if you're online and I notice I'll send you a message. My ingame name is "delta7".

Originally Posted by BizSAR View Post
We're trying to recruit in my outfit, Strength and Honour. There used to be 40-50 of us, but now we're down to 4 or so. Just a thought, if you're interested in helping us get more people. We've got a free TeamSpeak server too.

We're NC on Markov and VS on Emerald, but open for whatever.

Rawr! I'm a tiger! I'm also fluffy but I have big teeth!
Old 2008-04-14, 01:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thanks BizSAR. I'd be interested in meeting you guys.

I'll log onto the website. I added you as a friend (is your ingame name BizSAR?) so if you're online and I notice I'll send you a message. My ingame name is "delta7".
Yup, everything is BizSAR. I'll make a point of being on tomorrow night, but I'm usually on kind of late (~9-10PM PDT) unless we plan on a raid or something. Register in the forums and say Hi in the Recruitment Office there. Then I'll send you your Team Speak credentials.

Looking forward to running with you!
Old 2008-04-14, 09:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ACE117
Private

Misc Info

I used to play planetside soooo much. It was my favorite game ever. I still think it's a lot of fun. But it's not worth 12 bucks a month anymore. I used to play so much. I loved the game more than anything else i ever played. I cancelled my sub so i could get xbox live. then sine i played for over a year, i used the free 40 day trial. And everyone was gone. My outfit was empty, except for one guy who remembered me. And there were a lot of times not even hotspots on the maps. It was such a shame. It felt like i died a little inside. If planetside was the way it was 2 years ago. I wouldn't be posting here right now. I'd be storming a base or something. man i miss that game. Hopefully something will come around to "replace" it. RIP Planetside.
Old 2008-04-18, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I miss PS too...

Old 2008-04-18, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
BizSAR
Contributor
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
I miss PS too...
No better time than this and next month to resub, man! The server merge is going to make it feel a little like the days of sorta old.
Old 2008-04-19, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Brigadier General

Misc Info

No better time than this and next month to resub, man! The server merge is going to make it feel a little like the days of sorta old.
They have finally decided to merge Markov and Emerald? When will this occur? I cannot find any information on the official website.
Old 2008-04-19, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

SnH looking to have me...again?

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge