Flaws in F2P Design - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to PSU. Don't feed the animals.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-05-25, 02:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Re: Flaws in F2P Design

Originally Posted by MyMeatStick View Post
How many computers can you afford to run this off? / Good luck trying to sandbox/VM this graphically intensive game on a single computer?

What a waste of time and money?

You'd have to log out of one character to log in another one and by that time there's no point in what you were originally going to do because someone else has already done it without the need for extra accounts?

Having 1 spy on another faction will make no difference to the platoons on teamspeak and squad chats?

You would need to actually use those characters in the first place to gain the right certs to do what you want with each of your accounts?

It won't make a blind bit of difference to mine or anyone else's gameplay?

So many reasons why this thread is moot. Sorry bud!
I have two computers right next to one another, and just finished building my newest in december.

Imagine that while I'm talking on TS, I can have an alt sitting and watching your tank column move out, and follow you while I relay their exact position to others over voice by the minute. This is much faster than any XML/Api data can provide information.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
Doesnt matter, Higby claimed you wouldnt be able to change teams in the middle of the fight. I'm calling him a liar and/or incompetent.
Why are we flaming the discussion with haters/trolls?
Old 2012-05-25, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Coreldan
Colonel

I have two computers right next to one another, and just finished building my newest in december.

Imagine that while I'm talking on TS, I can have an alt sitting and watching your tank column move out, and follow you while I relay their exact position to others over voice by the minute. This is much faster than any XML/Api data can provide information.
Not like this was unusual even in the first Planetside.

Probably will be a bigger problem now, but it happened all the time the Planetside all the same.

Most decent folks had some amount of opsec stuff going on. EVE is also notorious for this thing itself. Any smart big alliance intel chat didnt allow for blue intel to be given for this exact reason, there was always spies in the chat.

Core - Lieutenant | HIVE | Auraxis
Visit us at http://www.wasp-inc.org and YouTube

Last edited by Coreldan; 2012-05-25 at 03:00 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Dude, you don't see it do you?

Yes it is possible, yes you can have multiple computers and have an account on each of them and then have an account online on each of them....

But how incredibly pathetic are you when you do that... just have some friends over and play together in a team....

Really, how many people have the opportunity to do so Pointman? How many people have multiple computers available to do so and have no friends to play with them? How much of an effect does this have if a handful of players control a completely incompetent team on their own, whose power is limited by only 2 hands?
Old 2012-05-25, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
Why are we flaming the discussion with haters/trolls?
What was claimed was patently false. There is no way they can prevent it, and trying to regulate design around it will not work.

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
Dude, you don't see it do you?

Yes it is possible, yes you can have multiple computers and have an account on each of them and then have an account online on each of them....

But how incredibly pathetic are you when you do that... just have some friends over and play together in a team....

Really, how many people have the opportunity to do so Pointman? How many people have multiple computers available to do so and have no friends to play with them? How much of an effect does this have if a handful of players have a completely incompetent team on their own whose power is limited by only 2 hands?
Not about what I would do. If you have ever actually played with me, you would know that the assumption does not fit me. It does, however, fit others.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-05-25 at 03:01 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
KTNApollo
First Sergeant

What was claimed was patently false. There is no way they can prevent it, and trying to regulate design around it will not work.

Not about what [I] would do. If you have ever actually played with me, you would know that the assumption does not fit me. It does, however, fit others.
You can't have two different empires on one server on one account. They never said you couldn't have two accounts with different empires that you could use to spy.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by KTNApollo View Post
You can't have two different empires on one server on one account. They never said you couldn't have two accounts with different empires that you could use to spy.
Its still the same thing, its splitting hairs. It doesnt make it any less false. I will do exactly this upon launch just to prove the point for a month or two.

Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
Not like this was unusual even in the first Planetside.

Probably will be a bigger problem now, but it happened all the time the Planetside all the same.

Most decent folks had some amount of opsec stuff going on. EVE is also notorious for this thing itself. Any smart big alliance intel chat didnt allow for blue intel to be given for this exact reason, there was always spies in the chat.
GOOD JOB, YOU GET IT!

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-05-25 at 03:06 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

yeah...it does. I don't think there is a reason to stop this kind of behavior because it will have such a paltry effect on the gameplay. A few guys running multiple accounts at the same time wont do much to influence a game with battles raging with hundreds of combatants.

Hacking is the real issue with f2p, but if SOE says it is working on it then we will have to let them work on it.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Turdicus View Post
yeah...it does. I don't think there is a reason to stop this kind of behavior because it will have such a paltry effect on the gameplay. A few guys running multiple accounts at the same time wont do much to influence a game with battles raging with hundreds of combatants.

Hacking is the real issue with f2p, but if SOE says it is working on it then we will have to let them work on it.

You don't get it. You seriously don't see how this can and will be abused. I can put an alt in any outfit I want, listen to their TS3 and relay information to my squad at speeds much faster than any XML exports/imports can display them.

I can have an alt flying a galaxy, orbiting an operational area for my squad to spawn in while I'm on my main shooting you in the face.

Better yet, when my empire is losing, all I have to do is reboot my client (happens all the damn time, infact) and log in to a different account, same server, different empire. Provided I spread time across them equally, I have equal characters on two or more empires, on the same server, potentially in different outfits.

You don't think that I won't probably give intel about those outfits to my main empire? Because, if I do it correctly, there is nothing you can do about it. At all. This completely negates one empire, one server. I have been doing exactly this in EVE for years.

Last edited by p0intman; 2012-05-25 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
MyMeatStick
Sergeant

What do they gain out of this?

They won't gain more resources out of it and they won't gain a better KD ratio out of it because in the time they would be taking out of one account that player could have already had those kills.

The fact that this hasn't come up before means that you're the only guy to think of it so far, I'd count that as a win.

Delete this thread before you give people ideas.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
onwee
Sergeant

You don't get it. You seriously don't see how this can and will be abused. I can put an alt in any outfit I want, listen to their TS3 and relay information to my squad at speeds much faster than any XML exports/imports can display them.

I can have an alt flying a galaxy, orbiting an operational area for my squad to spawn in while I'm on my main shooting you in the face.

Better yet, when my empire is losing, all I have to do is reboot my client (happens all the damn time, infact) and log in to a different account, same server, different empire. Provided I spread time across them equally, I have equal characters on two or more empires, on the same server, potentially in different outfits.

You don't think that I won't probably give intel about those outfits to my main empire?
You don't need alts to do any of this. You are replacing actual roles with alts and making it sound game breaking.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Gogita
Master Sergeant

You don't think that I won't probably give intel about those outfits to my main empire? Because, if I do it correctly, there is nothing you can do about it. At all. This completely negates one empire, one server.
Nope, and we don't care because you're blowing this way out of proportions
Old 2012-05-25, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by onwee View Post
You don't need alts to do any of this. You are replacing actual roles with alts and making it sound game breaking.
You tell me that when I'm relaying your TS conversations to another empire word for word.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hyiero
Private

No offense but even if you see my tank column move out and you are relaying it to your buddies which will more likely let you set up some type of defense and give you a slight advantage,this game is a FPS down to its core. So you still have to be a group of better players to stop our assault or have greater numbers than we do,if neither of these happen,you have just officially wasted your time.
Old 2012-05-25, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Turdicus
Master Sergeant

It's fine dude, it happened in PS1 and outfits dealt with it. Not a big deal
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion