Plea to SOE for Planetside 2's Future - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: ALT+F4 for the latest beta news
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-06, 10:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Dragonskin
Major

Plea to SOE for Planetside 2's Future

I have a simple plea that I hope makes it to SOE ears.

If Planetside 2 turns out to be split for computers and PS4. Which sounds like we will have 2 versions. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD!!! Allow players with computer accounts to retain SC purchases on PS4 accounts.

I already have a ton of friends giving Microshaft the big F U with the Xbox One announcements. They all want to get PS4 and I am leaning towards joining them so that I can play with my friends that are predominantly console only players.

So please allow SC purchases to be cross platform. I don't care if I have to level new characters for PS4 release, but I don't want to have to wasted money on a computer account that will likely go to the way side once the PS4 launches. I can't be the only person in this boat.

I plan to get the PS4 regardless, but this would greatly help solidify my decision for a day 1 purchase.
Old 2013-06-06, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Re: Plea to SOE for Planetside 2's Future

Well, if PS2 is going to use SOE accounts, then I don't see why it shouldn't happen...

If it's gonna use PSN accounts though, I think they will most likely put such a concept away for being too much of a drag.

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-06-06, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Uh you'll probably have to log into SOE just like some of the optional uplay stuff for Ubisoft.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Agreed, Dragon.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-06, 11:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
AThreatToYou
Major

I hope they allow for cross-platform SC unlocks as well.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
basti
Brigadier General

Misc Info

better idea: tell your friends to rise from the mud and become part of the glorious PC gaming masterrace.

The Cash they spend on a PS4 + the massive price on games on it would be easily enough to get a proper gaming PC.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Calista
Second Lieutenant

They need to release this multi-core optimization right here and now for PC. I know they have been at it a while and it's in QA I think. Damn the torpedoes and move forward to high end support and forget about low end CPU's at this point. BTW... my PC sucks.
Old 2013-06-06, 12:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Crator
Major General

If the PS4 MMO games are F2P they aren't spending anything on them. I had an argument the other day with someone else about the reason why consoles have a more prevalent user base due to them being more affordable. Not everyone has the capital to spend what they need to in order to get a good gaming PC rig. Hence the reason why consoles are more affordable and cater to a wider audience. I just gave up on the discussion with the other guy cause the thread wasn't about that in the first place.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
If the PS4 MMO games are F2P they aren't spending anything on them. I had an argument the other day with someone else about the reason why consoles have a more prevalent user base due to them being more affordable. Not everyone has the capital to spend what they need to in order to get a good gaming PC rig. Hence the reason why consoles are more affordable and cater to a wider audience. I just gave up on the discussion with the other guy cause the thread wasn't about that in the first place.
Who in their right mind would argue your position? That is just a given fact that consoles are cheaper than PC's. With next gen consoles the performance gap narrows substantially. Just more bang for the buck.

You guys know that with the successor to Haswell called Broadwell (2014), Intel is only offering BGA (Ball Grid Array) packaging, which basically means CPU's will be soldered onto motherboards and no socketed version (Intel may flex on that but we'll see) will be available? Going forward there is Skylake (2015) and then Skymont (late 2015/2016? too early to tell) and both have integrated very high performance GPU's into CPU pipeline and are also BGA. Get used to the fact that desktop PC's are going away.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Crator
Major General

Originally Posted by Calista View Post
Who in their right mind would argue your position? That is just a given fact that consoles are cheaper than PC's. With next gen consoles the performance gap narrows substantially. Just more bang for the buck.
Taramafor, in this thread, which is about the Xbox One: This isn't really a gaming topic but...
Old 2013-06-06, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Crator View Post
Taramafor, in this thread, which is about the Xbox One: This isn't really a gaming topic but...
Not even worth the trouble looking back mate. You got it right.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
wasdie
Second Lieutenant

"Microshaft"

So mature. I'm not even a fan of Microsoft's decisions but I'm at least not acting like a middle school kid about it.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Calista
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by wasdie View Post
"Microshaft"

So mature. I'm not even a fan of Microsoft's decisions but I'm at least not acting like a middle school kid about it.
No way in hell would I discount Microsoft's entry in these nextgen consoles. I will tell you one thing I heard. This is a fact, Microsoft is undergoing a re-orginization, there is no doubt about that. What is in doubt are the rumors of them selling off their gaming division (including Xbox) to Samsung. Time will tell if that happens but I think that would be a good choice for them actually.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
AThreatToYou
Major

<tinfoil hat>

Stock market investors, the actual controllers of these corporations, are driving away from PC and console games in favor of multi-purpose hardware, mainly tablets and smart phones. Thus we're seeing a lot more games on those devices.

They are especially against the PC, so hard in fact that even tiny tiny tiny market scares cause any PC-exclusive stock to drop pretty harshly and then get re-invested in things like CISCO or just a mutual fund. SOE is likely attempting to secure funds from another market to make sure it can survive the falling PC market and come out on top in the new, smaller PC gaming industry.

Not so much consoles. It is more or less just causing a market vacuum where there is less capital to go around. The Xbox One supports this theory; it is essentialy Microsoft backing out its seriousness unto the multi-purpose device and leaving the Japanese companies to reign. And reign they will.

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-06-06 at 01:51 PM.
Old 2013-06-06, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

If they split, I think they should allow me to take my toon from PC and choose a PS4 server that I can use him on. I'm willing to pay like $3-$5 for that. That way, I can stay on Connery as my primary server but jump onto a PS4 server and play with console friends when I want to without having to progress a whole new character.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion