Bringing the PS2 fan fiction together - a separate website? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because fictional worlds have facts too!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction

Old 2013-08-14, 06:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Bringing the PS2 fan fiction together - a separate website?

Hi all,

After looking through the fan fiction stories that have been written recently, it's clear that there are a number of writers here who have a talent for writing engaging and interesting PS 2 fan fiction.

I feel that the PSU fan fiction forums are a great place to put the stories, but I think that long-term it is limiting for authors because as soon as a story reaches the second page, it disappears and doesn't get any more readers.

I am thinking of creating a separate space, a website or a blog maybe, where pieces of PS 2 fan fiction can be submitted, ordered into categories (e.g. tales from the battlefield, stories that add to the background lore of PS 2, multi-part series, etc.) and presented in a way that the older, most popular stories are still visible on the main page of the site. Additionally, I would like there to be a system where authors can choose to have their stories rated and/or commented upon to try and increase the feedback they get for their work.

So, for you authors and fan fiction readers out there - do you think a separate site for PS 2 fan fiction is a good idea? Would you be interested in submitting stories to such a site, or reading the work of others in this separate environment? I would love to hear your ideas or thoughts about this suggestion.

Sonny
Old 2013-08-20, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Hackitov
Private

Re: Bringing the PS2 fan fiction together - a separate website?

/r/planetsidelore
Old 2013-08-30, 04:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Sonny
Contributor
First Sergeant

Re: Bringing the PS2 fan fiction together - a separate website?

So I ended up making a blog to keep all of my PS 2 short stories in the same place. You can find it here.

www.talesfromauraxis.com

Hope you enjoy it!

Sonny

Last edited by Sonny; 2014-01-20 at 07:11 AM.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide 2 Media > Fan Fiction