First NDA breaker, a gigantic noob. - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only alphabet you need to know.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-21, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Re: First NDA breaker, a gigantic noob.

Originally Posted by WiteBeam View Post
How many other people got into the tech test that never played PS1? Complete bullshit.
Purpose of the tech test is to see how different hardware handled PS2. They have enough to go through in order to pick people with all different types of set ups. There is no reason for them to waste time searching to determine if they have the hardware they are looking for as well as being PS2 vets for such a short test period. It's not beta, try not to get your panties in too much of a wad because you believe all your needs should be catered to. Last I checked the purpose of beta was to test the game. Them considering vets over others is a courtesy which they did not have to do. There are always people like you who act like children, pissing and moaning over everything. Whats worse is that the more they give, the more people expect, and the more they act like little kids when they don't get their way. They have been unbelievable with their involvement with the community. How about you act like an adult, show them the respect they deserve, and be thankful when they let you in the early rounds of beta.

Last edited by Badjuju; 2012-07-21 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Not sure what QQing is or what that video is supposed to mean. But I can promise you the retards same computers specs could be found on a PS1 players computer.
All he did was TK and talk about quests. This is what got into the tech test. Not vets. Not beta keys.
didn't you listen to the video? There are over 100,000 vets, and some of them are going to QQ saying that they aren't in.

QQ is crying.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

NDA combo breaker aside...
From the dev's perspective, this is actually quite interesting.
Without knowing it, this guy is performing a think aloud usabilty test.

He doesn't know what he's supposed to do.
He doesn't quite get the PvP aspect, and is concerned about where he gets quests from.
Discovers classes by clicking through each one.
He clearly doesn't get that everyone he has seen in the Warpgate is on his side, or he just doesn't care.
He wants to try out all his weapons straight away, even if it means team killing to do so.

Of course, the most pressing feedback should be how to solve the problem of what to do about bell ends who, within their first ten minutes will immediately team-kill, kill-steal and fire at Gal's because they haven't been picked up.

Definitely need a weapon lock in the WG though.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here

Last edited by SurgeonX; 2012-07-21 at 06:17 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
haticK
First Sergeant

i never understood how anyone could play any game without looking at the controls and going through the options first.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Badjuju View Post
Purpose of the tech test is to see how different hardware handled PS2. They have enough to go through in order to pick people with all different types of set ups. There is no reason for them to waste time searching to determine if they have the hardware they are looking for as well as being PS2 vets for such a short test period. It's not beta, try not to get your panties in too much of a wad because you believe all your needs should be catered to. Last I checked the purpose of beta was to test the game. Them considering vets over others is a courtesy which they did not have to do. There are always people like you who act like children, pissing and moaning over everything. Whats worse is that the more they give, the more people expect, and the more they act like little kids when they don't get their way. They have been unbelievable with their involvement with the community. How about you act like an adult, show them the respect they deserve, and be thankful when they let you in the early rounds of beta.
I'm not in the tech test and that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that this guy is in it. If you think the devs want a bunch of scrubs TKing eachother in a warp gate that just so happen to have the right computer specs than that's fine. I just think there are a few hundred people playing PS1 right now that have the same computer specs and a little more desire to be proactive in the test.
Take your quests somewhere else.

Last edited by WiteBeam; 2012-07-21 at 06:20 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
exoteror
Corporal

To add on to surgeonX the guy doesen't know the playstyles of each faction either when selecting his side. but it is exactly what needs to be discussed.

what features are in place to help new people pick up the game and help create massive battles.

Last edited by exoteror; 2012-07-21 at 06:19 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Watching this idiot play bring me sadness and fear for the upcoming launch. What you saw will probably represent a massive portion of the player base. Clueless, disrespectful, TKers... It's the nature of F2P.

And EU players wonder why they weren't invited.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

I'm not in the tech test and that's not what bothers me. What bothers me is that this guy is in it. If you think the devs want a bunch of scrubs TKing eachother in a warp gate that just so happen to have the right computer specs than that's fine. I just think there ate a few hundred people playing PS1 right now that have the same computer specs and a little more desire to be proactive in the test.
Take your quests somewhere else.
Yeah, because the devs totally know who they are picking when they choose specs
Old 2012-07-21, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
ArmedZealot
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by SurgeonX View Post

He doesn't quite get the PvP aspect, and is concerned about where he gets quests from.
He clearly doesn't get that everyone he has seen in the Warpgate is on his side, or he just doesn't care.
He wants to try out all his weapons straight away, even if it means team killing to do so.

Of course, the most pressing feedback should be how to solve the problem of what to do about bell ends who, within their first ten minutes will immediately team-kill, kill-steal and fire at Gal's because they haven't been picked up.

Only intelligent post in this thread.

Goes to show how much VR is needed to get new players feet wet, and how unintuitive the new player experience is currently.

Hopefully they are willing to polish it up through beta so that we don't end up with old EvE's NPE.

Last edited by ArmedZealot; 2012-07-21 at 06:22 PM.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
SurgeonX
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by exoteror View Post
To add on to surgeonX the guy doesen't know the playstyles of each faction either when selecting his side. but it is exactly what needs to be discussed.

what features are in place to help new people pick up the game and help create massive battles.
Yeah, good point.

Want to browse through hundreds of PlanetSide 2 images?
Or just see what Higby eats for lunch?
Then click here
Old 2012-07-21, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Chinchy
Staff Sergeant

Sounds like this guy should have been swallowed by his mom before he became a problem.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

All I could think of when I watched it was how gigantic an ass the guy was, but you know what? You're right.

This guy, not knowing what an NDA is aside, is actually the perfect beta tester. He doesn't know anything about the game or it's mechanics, he has no forehand knowledge about the game, and is in essence a blank slate. Thousands of players just like this guy will hear about the game, download it since it's free, and encounter the exact same issues he is encountering.

If we get lots of guys like this into the beta, the end result will be a smoother, better experience for newbies when the game is launched.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
WiteBeam
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Come on man. This guy clearly states he never even played PS. The devs know who has and has not played the original.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by TheDAWinz View Post
Exactly ha ha.
Old 2012-07-21, 06:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
TheDAWinz
Sergeant Major

Come on man. This guy clearly states he never even played PS. The devs know who has and has not played the original.
And they find out about this how when they look at comp specs??
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion