PSU: Now available: Tickle-Me-Hamma
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support

Old 2004-08-19, 11:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Hyncharas
First Sergeant

Retailing for 'AGN: Ask the Devs'

With so many viewers currently tuned in to the Auraxis Global Network, especially with the continuous broadcasts from the regular AGN: Ask the Devs, it has become a new avenue of discussion on PlanetSide. However, the broadcasts themselves (despite their brilliant audio quality) can still be high in terms of filesize, sometimes very high if a show runs unusally longer than others. Even when streaming a file for playback, it still requires a user's machine to temporarily download the file's content in parts, totalling to the same amount if you were saving it for offline usage.

In light of this problem, and in mind of 56k to Dual-ISDN users who may have missed several previous broadcasts... would AGN ever plan to sell a complete set of each year's AGN audio and video broadcasts to viewers on CD, in co-operation with Sony Online Entertainment?

This would also help bolster the commitment to the community as a whole, as well as maintain PSU, keeping the AGN services running.

Last edited by Hyncharas; 2004-08-19 at 11:11 AM.
Old 2004-08-19, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Well out of 12 ATDs, 10 would be out of date unfortunately, although I guess you could listen over them for reminders....

I shall try to endevour to produce ATD transcripts to help such situations but they take a lot of time and so I cannot guarantee them on a regular basis.

As for the rest you'll have to wait for people with more authority to respond
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Site Feedback / Support