Station Fee for Outfit Creation - Page 30 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The reason your dog barks.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-02, 07:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #436
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Re: Station Fee for Outfit Creation

Smedlonius Maximus' statement and EVILPIGLET's baseless claim are not mutually exclusive. They can both be accurate.

There is more evidence that there will be a flat one time creation fee, just like in the rest of SOE f2p games.

Old 2012-07-02, 07:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #437
Nemeses
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Smedlonius Maximus' statement and EVILPIGLET's baseless claim are not mutually exclusive. They can both be accurate.

There is more evidence that there will be a flat one time creation fee, just like in the rest of SOE f2p games.
But still makes Evilpigs comment sourceless so in other words he was talking out his ***, unless he can come up with a creditable source!

Outfits should cost something, and this is not us saying that their should not be any small outfits, it just needs to be a even playing-field, outfit cost X to create, regardless of size.

Last edited by Nemeses; 2012-07-02 at 07:53 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #438
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post
But still makes Evilpigs comment sourceless so in other words he was talking out his ***, unless he can come up with a creditable source!

Outfits should cost something, and this is not us saying that their should not be any small outfits, it just needs to be a even playing-field, outfit cost X to create, regardless of size.
Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
. As an outfit leader you are in a special position in that you have control over other players in a way others do not. That is a pretty big privilege and well worth a fee. .
Haven't posted since I created this thread and I will say that I fully support a fee to create an outfit. It does not stymie organization. It controls ridiculous jokefits and generates revenue. The game is free, outfits are a feature well worth a small investment.
These are the real evil pig comments

And yeah smedley talk about , 500 to 1000 players outfits but he never talk about a payment yet to create ones , also you can think they will or will norge charge a fee for it but we dont know yet!

And all the plattoon thing confuse me they said they will not make platoon in the current plan but smedley talk about platoon like it is a smaller structure than an outfit ?

in facts whats is a platoon in the snedley quote ? Its a smaller outfit with 100 players in it ?
Old 2012-07-02, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #439
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Nemeses View Post

I think you are being a little harsh. EP was just considering how SOE has trended towards a purchasable Outift in their other F2P games.

Last edited by Sledgecrushr; 2012-07-02 at 09:00 AM.
Old 2012-07-02, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #440
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Smedley : We don’t believe in that. We sell convenience and we sell cosmetic stuff. I think what we’ve learned is not to push the audience into a place they don’t want to be. I think the best thing to do is ask our players that question, but I feel like we’ve nailed the line and not crossed it.

We took a lot of inspiration from a game called League of Legends. PlanetSide in particular is actually modeled very closely after their monetization system, which I like. It’s simple. It’s free to play your way. If you want to pay, you pay; if you don’t, you don’t. We want you to be able to play the complete game without missing any features. Completely.
http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/18/so...a-interview/2/

So if they respect this outfit creation is a very important feature and they want people to be able to play the game the compleate game whithout missing any features !
Old 2012-07-02, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #441
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Stew View Post
http://venturebeat.com/2012/06/18/so...a-interview/2/

So if they respect this outfit creation is a very important feature and they want people to be able to play the game the compleate game whithout missing any features !
Well Stew this being a free game with zero out of pocket expense to play, soe would go broke giving away all of the features for free. I cant tell you how much it has cost soe to develop this game. I do know THQ spent 30million dollars building Space Marine. And SM isnt even a quarter the game that PS2 is. I dont want soe to go broke so there are going to be paid for elements. Hey I bet if they make more money than they can spend with boosters and skins and premium outfits that we will get a steady stream of free new content to play with.
Old 2012-07-02, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #442
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Well Stew this being a free game with zero out of pocket expense to play, soe would go broke giving away all of the features for free. I cant tell you how much it has cost soe to develop this game. I do know THQ spent 30million dollars building Space Marine. And SM isnt even a quarter the game that PS2 is. I dont want soe to go broke so there are going to be paid for elements. Hey I bet if they make more money than they can spend with boosters and skins and premium outfits that we will get a steady stream of free new content to play with.
LOL i already bougth 75 $ of Station cash so i already have paied the price of a limited edition box to SOE thats said !

The game will do just good while selling convenience and vanity items and more players is in the game enjoying it more chance you have to make a lots of money on the long run ... people get influenced by all the fashion and caracter models and guns style , If they look cool the people will want them !

Also XP whores are everywere in shooters and onlines games so booster will do just as good

They want this game to be Play for free your way !

Also i just have to say that players who feel restricted to a promised free to play leave sonner than later and never come back to thats game because they feel cheated !

When you take care of your players based the money will come whith no issue !

When you restricted people and force them to pay to play people leave the game and all those potential custumers are gone forever

So its more smart to make a 100 % free to play and selling cosmetiks and convenience !
Old 2012-07-02, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #443
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

LOL i already bougth 75 $ of Station cash so i already have paied the price of a limited edition box to SOE thats said !

Stew you didnt have to spend any money to play PS2, its free.
Old 2012-07-02, 10:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #444
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
Stew you didnt have to spend any money to play PS2, its free.
yes i do because i want my shiny golden pistol and also i want to PIMP my ride bling bling here i come !

Also ive spend 650 $ for a gtx680 to run Ps2 at ultra setting
Old 2012-07-02, 12:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #445
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Stew reminds me of a... slightly... less articulate Warren Buffet.

Old 2012-07-02, 03:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #446
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

I have never made, nor would I ever make a baseless claim. When I absolutely know something, I speak in absolutes. Higby said to me that outfit creation will likely be free and probably limited to 100. You'll be able to increase your number of slots.

I still support a fee to create an outfit and as I have said many times, anything can change as development continues.

yes i do because i want my shiny golden pistol and also i want to PIMP my ride bling bling here i come !

Also ive spend 650 $ for a gtx680 to run Ps2 at ultra setting
Now stew may rant about how he has violated his own rights since all of that should of been free. SOE should have purchased his new cards well.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2012-07-02, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #447
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I have never made, nor would I ever make a baseless claim. When I absolutely know something, I speak in absolutes. Higby said to me that outfit creation will likely be free and probably limited to 100. You'll be able to increase your number of slots.

I still support a fee to create an outfit and as I have said many times, anything can change as development continues.

Now stew may rant about how he has violated his own rights since all of that should of been free. SOE should have purchased his new cards well.
Where's the proof? Oh and Spork said hi.

Old 2012-07-02, 05:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #448
SKYeXile
Major General

Stews like the richest person here and he complaining about a tiny fee :/

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-07-02, 06:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #449
DirtyBird
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Higby says a lot of things to a lot of people and even then he isnt always entirely accurate himself. (beta)
edit: He is probably accurate when you think about it. when he said beta in the next few weeks he never specifically said External beta. Its a special talent he has.
And not so sure about an "absolute" when the source (allegedly) now says likely and probably.
Thats different to your original claim.

The current plan is pretty much a happy medium. Outfits will be free and probably around 100 slots. Extra slots will cost money.

Keep in mind that anything can change.
I really doubt anyone from SOE is willing to discuss prices with anyone outside of SOE, especially for public discussion.
Those sort of things are normally exposed during the hype of release with betas only showing token amounts that are yet to be set in stone.

But it cant hurt to ask, what can you confirm here Matt in regard to outfit cost and size?

Last edited by DirtyBird; 2012-07-02 at 06:35 PM. Reason: beta thing
Old 2012-07-02, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #450
Stew
Major

Originally Posted by Smedley : We don’t believe in that. We sell convenience and we sell cosmetic stuff. I think what we’ve learned is not to push the audience into a place they don’t want to be. I think the best thing to do is ask our players that question, but I feel like we’ve nailed the line and not crossed it.

We took a lot of inspiration from a game called League of Legends. PlanetSide in particular is actually modeled very closely after their monetization system, which I like. It’s simple. It’s free to play your way. If you want to pay, you pay; if you don’t, you don’t. We want you to be able to play the complete game without missing any features. Completely.
Ive said multiple time , I did not figth your crappy idea of controling outfit creation because of me , myself and i !

I did it for others , for the players based , for people who dont have the money to pay but still have the skills to play .

I will buy tons of vanity stuff because if i like it and it look cool or if its usefull ill buy it to suport the game and because i love what they offer me !

I dont want people to be FORCED TO PAY , OR CONTROLED like you said personally , controling clan members , controling (( jokefits creation )) etc..

Iam agains it but iam all for vanity items its a offer and your not limited in your gameplay by any means by those vanity items !

So yeah thats pretty much it

Figthing for the rigth of others means a lots when you have the $$ its better to help those who dont and also ask to let them play the freaking game with no stupid limitation

and like smedley said ; «« It’s free to play your way. If you want to pay, you pay; if you don’t, you don’t. We want you to be able to play the complete game without missing any features. Completely »»

Enough said now close this tread the discussion is close lol

everything as been said and smedley have confirme the outfit creation will be free if what he said in this interview is rigth
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion