News: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: People like me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-02-27, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
UnknownDT
Sergeant

Re: Good news?

It's good news for sure and details mean everything, but either way it's a huge step forward in the "right" direction. Glad to see this happening the way it should.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by basti View Post
Okay, seriously, enough.

You people need to STOP thinking about Planetside when you think about lag. Planetsides Client side hit detection, movment prediction etc is AWFUL. Its what made the game possible at that time, couldnt have been any other way back then, but it was a awful solution.
Those problems from it wont appear in Planetside 2. You wont get that crazy warping, you wont get that crazy lag, but it wont be as bad.
You will still see a difference between someone with a ping of 50 and someone with a ping of 150, but its most likley that extremly small that it doesnt matter.
I hope your right Basti, sorry for my negativity. Now I feel bad.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
QFT you crazy Vanu guy you.

Seriously though, people need to stop comparing PS1 and PS2 in these ways.
I dont really think people are comparing as much as they are just worried...

My biggest complaint about PS1 was the hit detection and strafing people did. Along with my precious Aircav being so horrible (or I just suck even after 7 years).

I just think people are afraid it'll happen again and we all as PS fans want to see PS2 make it far, we want to see this game be successful. Am I right? So what your seeing is honestly more worry then it is comparing. At least for me.
Old 2012-02-27, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Vancha
Colonel

./hoping there's only one server list.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ThGlump
Captain

One company to rule them all,
One account to find them,
One server to bring them all,
And in the planetside bind them.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
ringring
Contributor
General

Well done to Smed for acting so quickly. This course begs the question as to why the problem arose in the first place especially since it was flagged up weeks ago when the deal was first announced.

To a few US guys ... this has nothing to loads of European players suddenly de-camping to Emerald and ruining it all for you. We won't, or rather a few will, some more will split their time and some US players will come in the opposite direction.

The next thing,is for Pro7 to do a little customer relations and explain why, if we do give you our details, our information is safe with you.

There are Data Protection laws and credit cards standards such as PCI DSS, but how seriously do you take them and how well are they embedded in your internal business procedures. Explain please Pro7 and you may gain a customer.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: Smed Tweets update on ProSieben Deal

Folks - when you create threads of this manner please have more detailed topics so that I don't have to always rename them. You should not have to go inside the topic in order to have any idea about what it contains.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2012-02-27, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
L4G
Corporal

As others have said this sounds like a good bit of news to keep us in the spirit of things,
I'll be happier with a little more info but so long as our outfits can remain intact that the
most important thing for me.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wakken
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Nice. Now i hope i can play on EU servers without pro7 account.
Indeed.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-02-27, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Sighpolice
Corporal

This isn't the news I was hoping for, no offence I wasn't really bothered by not being able to play US (I feel bad for those of you who do, and if I could I would make it us/eu capable) The thing that gets me is the reports of Pro7 being a terrible company, having special euro market pricing, having to use Pro7 cash shop, the delay in patches that will come across the sea because Pro7 don't care about it, the fact in all of their other games they threw balance out of the way and made people buy with real money TEMPORARY guns/armour etc.

So no, in that respect this isn't the news I was hoping for. I hope they just break off the deal full stop, or at least if they have to be extremely watchful of Pro7 and any sign of their usual faggotry and pull the plug on them, back under SOE control
Old 2012-02-27, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Insanekanifer
Private

As long as lag hurts the person whos lagging and noone else. IE if someones lagging their character doesn't move and they get shot in the face waiting for lag to catch up. Lower pinged people should have a large advantage over the higher pinged people overseas
Old 2012-02-27, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
ShazMyBot
Private

Keyword in that tweet was "plan". I don't like that word.

Don't be surprised if playing on non-regional server will cost money.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-02-27, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Originally Posted by BigBossMonkey View Post
The EQ community was likely a huge driving force here as well.
One of the stronger responses certainly came from EQ2 with DCUO following it. PS2 was of course considered as well.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Wakken
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Sighpolice View Post
This isn't the news I was hoping for, no offence I wasn't really bothered by not being able to play US (I feel bad for those of you who do, and if I could I would make it us/eu capable) The thing that gets me is the reports of Pro7 being a terrible company, having special euro market pricing, having to use Pro7 cash shop, the delay in patches that will come across the sea because Pro7 don't care about it, the fact in all of their other games they threw balance out of the way and made people buy with real money TEMPORARY guns/armour etc.

So no, in that respect this isn't the news I was hoping for. I hope they just break off the deal full stop, or at least if they have to be extremely watchful of Pro7 and any sign of their usual faggotry and pull the plug on them, back under SOE control
I agree with you, and while we dont have any news regarding this matter, but we do know ANY player will be able to play on ANY server. Chances are we can still use our SOE accounts and still play on EU servers and use SOE's shop etc.

Unless they have some kind of region locking on accounts... meaning anyone can still play on any server, but EU can only have EU accounts with pro7? Then I would not be quite as happy.

And guys, please stop complaining about lag now when we finally got SOE to fix this for us. They've had their tech teams with them consulting, they probably know what the servers will be capable of. And I really dont think lag will be much of a problem, they have a code that support hundreds of players in the same area, I think they've managed to fix the lag problem too! (atleast I hope)

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
Old 2012-02-27, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Xaine
Major

Play on a server that isn't in your timezone.

Only 20 DOLLAR!

You saw it here first.

I'm joking, i hope

Last edited by Xaine; 2012-02-27 at 02:07 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion