Planetside: Single Player Campaign Story Mode - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-03-31, 01:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Planetside: Single Player Campaign Story Mode

Hey people planetside is a great ideal and playing the MMOFPS gives you the Massive great battle and the teamwork and giving us greatest gaming moments.

But what about the Empires that live and fight within planetside? We know about the TR, NC and the VS we been reading background story line it's all nice to read but what about living it?

We know there goal is to make A.I within 5 years so maybe making a Campaign would be a great way of showing the indept story into all of the empires.

How did it all start? What was earth like befor TR ruled? When did the first NC and vanu come about?

There could be 3 Campaign following some epic people in the fight for planetside

Come up with some ideal people! I'll write a story line up when I get home
Old 2012-03-31, 01:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Re: Planetside: Single Player Campaign Story Mode

Old 2012-03-31, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Brigadier General

Misc Info

If they want to create content that expands on the story, they don't have to make it single player. They could use multiplayer repeatable events, e.g. instances, or one-time events, like the Bending in PS.
Old 2012-03-31, 01:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
kadrin
Sergeant

No, please dear god no. This is a multiplayer game, it should stay as such, all focus should remain on that. I don't want to see a half assed singleplayer, because they would really have to spend time and resources on it to make it good, and the rest of the game will suffer as a result.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Well its a ideal a add on In a few years to make more money, I think it would be a neat ideal and the ending would end into the muitplayer game

Last edited by Magpie; 2012-03-31 at 02:09 AM.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gogita
Master Sergeant

Holy crap magpie, you've sunk lower than I thought was possible. Planetside is a MMOFPS, and that's the one thing that makes it stand out from all other fps's. Making a campaign adds very little to the gaming experience and inky takes away development time.

Seriously, stop coming up with these ridoculous ideas!
Old 2012-03-31, 02:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Gogita View Post
Holy crap magpie, you've sunk lower than I thought was possible. Planetside is a MMOFPS, and that's the one thing that makes it stand out from all other fps's. Making a campaign adds very little to the gaming experience and inky takes away development time.

Seriously, stop coming up with these ridoculous ideas!
Lol wow so much hate for my ideals I always ask the questions no one ever asks haha oo well I've have my shotgun ready for you
Old 2012-03-31, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lorgarn
Master Sergeant

While the idea itself isn't bad, I have too much love for what PS is for me. If there even is a slight chance that the game will take any sort of damage or change direction in any way I wouldn't take the chance.

Though, if it's going to be done sometime in the future, I will do my best to share my thoughts and opinions about it. If I can in any way help steer the future of the game in a "good" direction, I will do so, as much as I can.
Old 2012-03-31, 02:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Canaris
Contributor
General

No, better the dev's concentrate on making the greatest MMOFPS ever and not split up bringing half made, various junk. This is Planetside whatever game you're looking for is still out there, go find it. I wish you luck

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms
Old 2012-03-31, 03:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Atheosim
Captain

This is, and always will be an MMOFPS. Changing it makes it anything but Planetside.
Old 2012-03-31, 03:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Tycho
Private

A single player or co-op campaign has no place in planetside. No resources should be diverted to its creation. Just say no to A.I.
Old 2012-03-31, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

lol

Still trolling, Magpie ?
Old 2012-03-31, 03:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Magpie
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
A single player or co-op campaign has no place in planetside. No resources should be diverted to its creation. Just say no to A.I.
Well A.I is coming to planetside maybe

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
Via Twitter:
AI in 5 Year Plan

Via Twitter:

Quote:
Ok so the 5 year plan is to eventually add AI, but not at launch. #planetside2
Discuss - please keep discussion on this topic in one thread.

Also

Quote:
We have LONG term plans to add AI in the form of a fourth faction, we'll see if that pans out, but it should be pretty cool. Auto-turrets are something we could do right now but we just aren't - we want defense to be player-active, not passive. Might change in the future if necessary.

Ahh I don't troll dude just was thinking it was a neat ideal to get the story and theme of planetside

Originally Posted by sylphaen View Post
lol

Still trolling, Magpie ?

Last edited by Magpie; 2012-03-31 at 03:48 AM.
Old 2012-03-31, 03:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Atheosim
Captain

You're right that AI may possibly eventually find its way into Planetside, but anything singleplayer is the plague.
Old 2012-03-31, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Magpie View Post
Ahh I don't troll dude just was thinking it was a neat ideal to get the story and theme of planetside
Never mind then. It just that sometimes, it feels like you start threads with ideas meant to trigger a lot of controversial responses.

I remember some 1-person training when PS came out but I hardly ever used it. If they are well done, a 1-person campaign could be fun. For empire stories, I still like it most when it is left to our imagination.

For example, if there was NC solo missions were you explicitly plant bombs to kill civilians, I'm not sure a lot of people would still like playing NC. Or missions for the VS where leaders are portrayed explicitly as crazed lunatics would make it harder to feel you are defending a good cause.

In short, imagination allows people to defend what they like about their empire without having to bother with the bad stuff ("that's others, not us !") while it also gives rooms for other empires to criticize them.

More background should simply be done by the Marv Wolfman stories which have abruptly stopped for a long time. Solo missions, well... It's Planetside. Would you really rather do drops with AI bots than actual players ?
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion