New Outfits Are Pointless - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I normally do work around this time...but... eh
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-01, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Soyokaze
Corporal

New Outfits Are Pointless

Preface: This, possibly controversial, opinion is my own, and does not necessarily represent the prevailing opinions of the outfit to which I belong.

There is no reason to create new outfits.

Everything you want to do with such an outfit already exists within the established veteran outfits that have made themselves staples of the PS community.

Creating a new outfit simply because you want to be an outfit leader is not beneficial to your faction. It is a self-serving gesture that will only result in preventing you & your members from contributing as efficiently as you could to the overall war effort.

In short, please do not contribute to disorganization, redundancy, & inefficiency within the game's community.

(The only possible exception to this would be for established clans with pre-existing player bases that will be new to the PS series.)

Soyokaze - dedicated Galaxy pilot, dedicated Xen of Onslaught member, & dedicated Vanu
Old 2012-07-01, 11:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
SKYeXile
Major General

Re: New Outfits Are Pointless

I don't think that they're pointless at all, they should be successful provided they have a strong core and foundation to build from.

There are groups of players who want to play together and may not have formed up a guild prior to this game, in my experience its best they dont try to merge into another guild.

Fresh guild leaders will put the effort in, they're not burnt out, while inexperienced perhaps and destined to make mistakes, they're certainly not bad for the faction.

In war hammer i formed up a new guild, we went on to be the dominant order guild on the server and earned a pretty large name for ourselves in Australia.

anyway see you in GW2... PS: we're in the same GW2 Alliance :P

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-07-02, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
William
Corporal

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
I don't think that they're pointless at all, they should be successful provided they have a strong core and foundation to build from.

There are groups of players who want to play together and may not have formed up a guild prior to this game, in my experience its best they dont try to merge into another guild.

Fresh guild leaders will put the effort in, they're not burnt out, while inexperienced perhaps and destined to make mistakes, they're certainly not bad for the faction.

In war hammer i formed up a new guild, we went on to be the dominant order guild on the server and earned a pretty large name for ourselves in Australia.

anyway see you in GW2... PS: we're in the same GW2 Alliance :P

The reality is 99 percent of the time new outfits fail, so everyone join The Enclave.
Old 2012-07-09, 01:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
acosmo
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by William View Post
The reality is 99 percent of the time new outfits fail, so everyone join The Enclave.
Exactly. If you want to be part of the force that will show everyone else why their outfit isn't worth shit, join the Enclave.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
FONKY
Private

I see where you are coming from and you have quite a valid point. Though you shouldn't be concerned that they are going to create (much) disorganisation, simply because failed outfits and 11 year old wannabe guild leaders won't last. Which in the end will just leave the strongest and most organised outfits to lead the faction to victory.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

New outfits isn't a bad thing. Even though 90% fail, the other 10% that come from the process are well worth it.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2012-07-02, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
robocpf1
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by William View Post
The reality is 99 percent of the time new outfits fail
Originally Posted by Sardus View Post
New outfits isn't a bad thing. Even though 90% fail
Who came up with these numbers?
Old 2012-07-02, 01:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Man all these big ego PS1 outfits gonna cry when the likes of 20ID,Goons and Toxin (had to throw myself in there )etc come to play this game. I can see the cry threads now. What you guys do isnt special people have been doing it for years in many other games. New outfits will rise to the top and be far better and superior then some of the so called elites outfits and some of the old will be good to, but this community is gonna sky rocket with skilled players as well as noobs, And to limit outfits to force them to be ruled over by the likes of some in this community? Well that wont kill this game fast now will it?

99.9% of my post is true.

Last edited by bigcracker; 2012-07-02 at 01:19 PM.
Old 2012-07-02, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
Occupy PlanetSide

Old 2012-07-02, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
William
Corporal

Originally Posted by robocpf1 View Post
This whole world is justified is justified by random statistics!

If you're planning on making a new outfit don't let what I said keep you from that though. If you have an idea that is creative enough to be intriguing to others then eventually you will succeed.

In 2004 Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook. From 2005-2008 MySpace was the most visited social network. In about June 2008 Facebook started to pass out MySpace. It doesn't really matter who creates what first, it matters who has the better idea.
Old 2012-07-02, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
RawketLawnchair
First Sergeant

My clan had quite a large community back when UT was huge.
Not only that but they were a functional, organized outfit in PS1.

So why is it a bad thing to start fresh, recruiting new experienced members to create a stable community that can contribute to the fight?
Old 2012-07-02, 02:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Arovien
First Sergeant

This is more like something the TR would push for.

Let the kids play. Believe it or not, some people don't care about redundancy. Mind over reality too strong needs nerf?
Old 2012-07-02, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sgt Shultz
Corporal

In PS2 all outfits are pointless, as nobody is in game to earn points!

Zing!
Old 2012-07-02, 07:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I suppose technically we qualify as a new outfit, since our PS1 version has been effectively dead for 8 years.

But that doesn't mean I'm not going to give it my best and see what happens. Once recruitment picks up, War Machine will give everyone a run for their money, and I mean everyone.

Old 2012-07-02, 07:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Fate
Corporal

I don't see the point of eliminating new outfits from being created. I had a lot of fun making and joining altfits in PlanetSide 1. It would be a real shame if they removed it. Also, what about when an Outfit has a leadership split and they want to make a new organization? This just seems like an attempt to make old Outfits from PlanetSide 1 seem more relevant in PlanetSide 2.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment