my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Keep it in your pants!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-12-20, 03:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
diluted
Major

my idea of why the NC dont have much of a backing

well.. it seems as though they're the middle children. we all had an idea coming into this, or at least being 3 empires, that they'd be specialized. terrans are the ballistics people, using lead and traditional force. also im sure you had an idea of an energy-using race. much like human vs covenant in the game HALO. well what about that other empire? they dont seem too special on the outside because of the ideas of having to be close range using shotguns or whatever the concept was. in other words on the outside, people will look at them as nothing special - just an imitation of the terrans. well there's my 2 cents.
Old 2002-12-20, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sjekso
Private

are you comparing the Vanu to the little bug enemies in HALO?

well you just wait for what i have in store for you

Dead girls dancing burn and twirl, witch hunt, witch hunt burn this girl...

The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.
Old 2002-12-20, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BLuE_ZeRO
l33t Whore
#manlove op

We are the bug guys from Halo. It's almost too similar. If we weren't human in form we'd be almost exactly like them. Not neccesarily a bad thing cause alot of them looked bad ass.
Old 2002-12-20, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sjekso
Private

ahhhhhhhh yes good point Blue.

Plus I always loved fighting that big yellow guy in HALO, the one with the sword that is a meany. Also.. the vehicles weren't bad either.

Dead girls dancing burn and twirl, witch hunt, witch hunt burn this girl...

The willow knows what the storm does not: that the power to endure harm outlives the power to inflict it.
Old 2002-12-20, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

I agree, The NC are too similar to the Terran. But I think the NC MAX is the best. It has sheilds which allows it to tear up anything without being hurt. It also has lock on missles for air and grond. To take out infantry, you can choose the short range spread, which probably means it can kill infantry in a few shots. Pretty powerful.

Which max do you think is the most powerful Hamma?
Old 2002-12-20, 03:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

You're making it seem like the shield lasts forever. It will wear out, and if it's fighting another MAX it will wear out quickly. Also the slow refire rate of the shotgun, and the fact that the shield slows down refire rate will make it incredibly easy for the Vanu MAX to do some serious damage.

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-20, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Hamma
PSU Admin

I only saw a bunch of Vanu MAX's

Didnt really see enough NC to comment on them

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-12-20, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

So could you comment on the Vanu MAX? How light was their armor?

"Guess I've drank the planetside kool-aid already, but this game looks like it will be unbelievably good." - Airlift
Old 2002-12-20, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

On the other hand, the Vanguard is the best looking tank in the game
Old 2002-12-20, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Shiver
Master Sergeant

A lot of the time I think the majority of people don't see each empire for what it really is, and how they are truly different yet balanced ... in background and in equipment (if they weren't balanced, the devs would have to pay the price of failing in a major area of the game, which they wont allow to happen).

I will agree with you that the NC and TR are similar for the fact that they both use traditional weapons. Yet I dont see why that makes only one of them useless.

I would say that the NC are ballistics people, using severe force with the most powerful weaponry. TR are also use said ballistics, but in your words they would be those with the "lead" (as in rate of fire). The difference in armor between NC and TR is negligable (NC MAX > TR MAX, TR Tank > NC Tank) so it won't play such a large factor in this description. They are equally worthy each with their own specialities.

I think a lot of people have misinterpretted the difference in weaponry that each empire holds. I'll just do a quick run down because I'm bored

Pistols:
TR Repeater, Damage Med, Range Med, Refire, Fast
NC Scatter, Damage High, Range Short, Refire Fast
In this case, in doors the Scatter would come out tops, for who needs range on a pistol. Otherwise the NC could use the common pool amp with its Med,Med,V.Fast stats and they would not be at a range disadvantage to the TR

Assaults:
TR Cycler, Damage Med, Range Long, Refire V.Fast
NC Gauss, Damage High, Range Long, Refire Fast
Neither weapon is at a disadvantage, like shooting long range needing only a few shots to kill, go NC ... like spraying and praying go TR

Heavy Assaults:
TR Chaingun, Damage Med, Range Med, Refire V.Fast
NC Jackhammer, Damage High, Range Med, Refire Medium
Again, neither weapon has a range disadvantage and if they met head on ... the only decider would be who reacted faster (remembering that the Jackhammer may unload all barrels at once).

In any case, only the short range on the NC pistol has fooled people into thinking that the NC can only kill in small spaces. Whereas I see both TR and NC as equals and can't understand the half of it They are different, special in their own ways and still equal ... plus Vanu also have their good points. I dont think any assumptions can be made about one side having already lost the war

I know I just posted a lot of nothing, dont you worry
Old 2002-12-20, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Shiver, I agree with the Tank thing. But I think that the MAXs are on equal ground. One has a shield, one has incredible ROF. It would be great to see which one would take out the other first.

Old 2002-12-20, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

The best offense is a good defense . That was a quality post Shiv. Thanks, also I think that alot of the guys who want to infil. are forgetting that the stealth suit can only hold a pistol and knife, which the NC has the best of. That's what I would want, however, it seems like alot of the guys planning on subterfuge with the stealth suit are going Vanu, I wonder why?

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2002-12-20, 04:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

I know they're all going Vanu. First of all, all the knives are the same. None are different, and second the Vanu pistol/sidearm is the best. It has the ability to charge itself up and do some serious damage to those in armor (which will usually be defenders).

Old 2002-12-20, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shiver
Master Sergeant

Sandtaco, the way you say that makes it sound like you meant the TR tank was better than the NC tank, yet their MAXs are equal. I was only talking in terms of armor, where my statement was totally true

If I interpreted your statement properly, I wouldn't say that overall the TR tank isnt better than NC ... as it's armor boost will gain it little against the largest gun in the game (being the vanguard)

All the same, I'm confused
Old 2002-12-20, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sandtaco
Sergeant Major

Big guns mean nothing if in the reload time the other person can get two shots in. It evens out

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion