Lasher - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: radiating your optics since 2002
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-25, 01:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Gunslanger
Sergeant

Lasher

OK, i'm new to these boards and only been playing PS for about 2 months, so please don't flame me is it just me, or are the...projectiles for the lasher too slow? i dropped HA a long time ago because from a distance they move so slow and can be easily dodged. up close NC will blow you to pieces before you can get 2 shots off (usually). it just seems kinda hard to compete other TR and NC's HA weapons.
i see alot of people commenting on how so many VS have MAXes. i personally think its becuase our HA weapons are inferior to others.
Old 2003-11-25, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

i think the lashers just fine the way it is
/flame lol j/k

Old 2003-11-25, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gunslanger
Sergeant

let me point out i'm not trying to flame any other empire weapons. i just think maybe the speed of the laster's projectile should be increased slightly. it doesn't take too long a distance to somewhat easily dodge a lasher.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Actually I agree with a lot of people that it could use a 30 round clip. Wouldn't hurt much of anything, really.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
infinite loop
First Sergeant

The only time the orb speed is really that much of a problem is when you're trying to use it at mid to long range. None of the HA weapons are effective at long range, so I'm fine with the orb speed. I do think the clip size increase would help though.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Gunslanger
Sergeant

i will agree that only an idiot will fire the lasher at further distances unless just using it as surpressive fire. anyone halfway smart would use the beamer for those longer ranges-if your an infantry troop.
me personally, i just have up HA and decided if i want to be kill infantry head to head, i'll just use MAXes thats just me, though.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rayder
General

Misc Info

30m in game and the lasher is useless, thats not medium range.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
infinite loop
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Rayder
30m in game and the lasher is useless, thats not medium range.
However you classify your ranges, it doesn't matter. At 30m, the JH is useless too.
Old 2003-11-25, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

The Lasher is highly effective at medium-long range if you know how to use it. I'm a TR and I can molest people on other servers with it with almost no practice. It also relies on Surge the least of all HA weapons.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-11-25, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by infinite loop
However you classify your ranges, it doesn't matter. At 30m, the JH is useless too.
PFFT! The JH is useless at 10m lol. I love my jack, but it feels less deadly now...lately its been taking nearly five shots unless the barrel is touching the guys skull to down a rexo. Ive been taken down quite a few times at point blank range by lashers, and i dont TOTALLY suck.
Old 2003-11-25, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
InfiniteStorm
Corporal

I use the lasher almost all the time indoors and it completely owns much like all HA weapons indoors. If you continue to use it you get accustomed to the orb speed and learn to lead appropriately. Almost 90% of my kills have come from the lasher. I can take down most JH and MCG users regurlaly with the Lasher, it all depends on who wields it. Only time I run for cover is from the gauss and the cycler at medium to longer ranges and even then, I can usually throw down enough cover fire to move into a more favorable position. Only problem this has is the Lashers small clip size, if you start laying down cover fire don't forget to reload. You will probably need all 20 shots to bring down 1 or 2 guys.

Only thing the lasher needs is an expanded clip size to about 30. The damage and orb speed is fine as it stands now.
Old 2003-11-25, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Unknown
First Sergeant

I generally agree with what has been said. I'm fine with the lasher's speed and damage, but the clip size is too small, especially considering the long reload time and the size of the other empire's clips. JH has a 16 shot clip, but it only takes 3 shots to down an infantry and it goes through the ammo slower, lasher takes 5 hits (not counting misses, it actually takes almost the whole clip to kill someone with the lash damage). I'd be happy with a 25 shot clip, 30 may be a tad too much in fact. Plus we have 50 round boxes of ammo, so 25 would be more consistent (half a box ).
Old 2003-11-25, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
JuSTCHiLLiN
Corporal

The lasher is the best indoors weapon imo. I've never used HA for any empire but I find that inside a base I would rather face a MCG than a Lasher. Actually, I'd rather see a Jackhammer since people who pick it up don't seem how to use it.

I don't think any of the HA weapons should be used at range (switch to your MA rifle).

JuSTCHiLLiN - JCsuperstar - xxJCxx
www.sghq.com formerly of Immortalis Vita
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion