some gameplay questions - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Daily spawning reports.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-08-17, 07:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
korin
Private

some gameplay questions

hi guys
1st sorry my poor english, i know it suck.
I`m semi-pro Cs 1.6 players in the past (win some local touranament and ... ok, nevermind), searching for mmofps games. Wandering on a network i find some articles about planetside and come here to ask )
what gameplay is similar to planetside: CS, Battlefield, Tribes or? Is it all about who kill more newbs and buy bigger guns or your shooting skills too matters?
And if at forums is some russian players, i would like to know about ping to europian server, how many peoples playins etc.
Hope all that stuff is understandable for you
Old 2007-09-07, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DigitalEnd
Private

Re: some gameplay questions

Originally Posted by korin View Post
hi guys
I`m semi-pro Cs 1.6 players in the past (win some local touranament and ... ok, nevermind), searching for mmofps games. Wandering on a network i find some articles about planetside and come here to ask )
what gameplay is similar to planetside: CS, Battlefield, Tribes or? Is it all about who kill more newbs and buy bigger guns or your shooting skills too matters?
And if at forums is some russian players, i would like to know about ping to europian server, how many peoples playins etc.
PS is mainly about tactics and being in the right place with the right gun at the right time.

Comming from CS, you'd want to know:
-there is NO location based damage (no headshot)
-weps are free, but you have to learn how to use them and can only know so many at a time
-players have a bad habit of acting like a crappy CS server, so you have to find a good group
-clearing a whole continent can take a long ass time, depending on resistance (each base can be anywhere from 10 minutes to over an hour)
-you can unlearn and relearn what weapons you know how to use, but it takes time to do large changes in specialty
Old 2007-09-08, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
StealZ
Private

hi guys
You just right. I think it's about killing more and more people and getting your battle points for it.
Old 2007-09-09, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Brigadier General

Misc Info

And if at forums is some russian players, i would like to know about ping to europian server
I'm fairly certain that Werner (the European server) is hosted in Germany, so your ping should be what it is in other games for servers in Germany.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion