Weapon Hate - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your sig has been pre-axed.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-09-07, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DigitalEnd
Private

Weapon Hate

I've always wondered... why exactly do people scream about an overpowered race only weapon?

Lets take scattermax as an easy example.
If they are overpowered, why not go NC, and use them?

I'll admit, race loyalty is a factor... I'm a fan of VS myself. However when I'm in the mood for some kill whoring, my Scattermax is ready and waiting for me.
When I'm in the mood for a more mobile attack, VS is waiting
When I'm in the mood for a more ballenced attack, TR is waiting

I've found though, most everything IS fairly well ballenced... the more time I spend on the 'uber' equipment, the more it seems to have it's own place.

Granted I am no fan of a wall of NC Guided missles comming over the wall at me... but I know when I use them how easily I'm killed off using them, and how weak they really are. I love reaver-whoring, but I also know how fast I have to run when my lock-on alarms go off...

All in all though, if you hate the enemy using a wep, why not use it yourself?
Old 2007-09-10, 02:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
DarkEnergy22
Private

Re: Weapon Hate

whats the best weapon of planetside or Vanu ?
im about to try it and im intrested Vanu but dont know allot about it
u say mobile attack's are the best feat of VS ? what kind of tank then ?
Old 2007-09-12, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ultraviolente
Private

All in all though, if you hate the enemy using a wep, why not use it yourself?

Because not everyone is a little whore who uses whatever lame tactics they can get to. Generally, in all games, if some weapons / tactics are imballanced, there allready enough asshats abusing it, no point in becoming one of them unless you are really like to piss people off.

Dark, VS have some nice ground vehicles such as the Magrider and the Thresher. Those are the most mobile vehicles in the class of Medium Assault Tanks and Assault Buggies. Try them out in the virtual training rooms when you start playing, those should be quite easy to locate wonce you're in-game.
Old 2007-09-12, 06:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
mohaa1039
Private

out of curiosity, i have noticed that Vanu has been overwhelming everyone with land controll, why is there such a differance in land controll, i thought the three races were very well balanced... been a while since i have played.
Old 2007-09-14, 12:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Scow2
Private

If you use a weapon, you will realise that it is not as unbalanced as it seems. And if you fail to incorprate any given weapon in your tactics, you are at a massive disadvantage.
Old 2007-09-16, 06:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Asmodeus87
Private

Originally Posted by mohaa1039 View Post
out of curiosity, i have noticed that Vanu has been overwhelming everyone with land controll, why is there such a differance in land controll, i thought the three races were very well balanced... been a while since i have played.
there are differences in empire populations, and population means quite a bit

it seems like VS has the edge population-wise overall, or so my login-screen says!
Old 2007-09-29, 03:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
jakeataku
Private

True about the population thing, even 5 or 10 more players can change the fate of a continent. I think that the nations are fairly balanced for as much whining as goes on. NC has the weapons of death, but TR can unload an entire backpack full of ammo in seconds. VS gets to have splash damage and armor penetration. It's balanced, get over it, what's not balanced are play-styles.

"All in all though, if you hate the enemy using a wep, why not use it yourself?"
TRUE, TRUE, TRUE
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion