Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2012-07-06, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #91
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Re: Mean while in DTs HQ..

Originally Posted by elfailo View Post
Alright, I admit picking up fat chicks with borrowed expertise is not my cup of tea.

Who are Unleashed by the way, and how come I've never heard of them?

^^someone did it again.
Ahh look at all these references to The Game - you guys are ~7 years too late....
Old 2012-07-06, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #92
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Marsgrim View Post
Ahh look at all these references to The Game - you guys are ~7 years too late....
Don't get me started on The Game. You won't like where this thread goes...
Old 2012-07-06, 12:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #93
DemoMan
Private

I love you jak, in a totally gay way.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #94
jakaul
Sergeant

Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
I love you jak, in a totally gay way.
You see, Mars, The Game and Mr Strauss ain't got nothin on me.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #95
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Originally Posted by jakaul View Post
Don't get me started on The Game. You won't like where this thread goes...
Tell me more - you thought it was horseshit and wouldn't work or you didn't like it because you were in the community?
Old 2012-07-06, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #96
jakaul
Sergeant

Tell me more - you thought it was horseshit and wouldn't work or you didn't like it because you were in the community?
In all honesty (for the first time on this thread lol), his book contributed to a negative stereotype for the guys that were in the community.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #97
Marsgrim
Sergeant

In all honesty (for the first time on this thread lol), his book contributed to a negative stereotype for the guys that were in the community.
Speaking as someone who was active at the time I agree entirely - was extremely negative about almost all of the community and not really a fair representation of Tyler (I didn't know Papa well) or most of the other people who got into it with good intentions to improve their life.
Old 2012-07-06, 01:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #98
jakaul
Sergeant

Yes, exactly. People read the book and assumed that it was about the exploitation of women and the community was a bunch of dudes sharing personal information about all the women they nailed. I very rarely saw any of that. In fact, the community seemed the most supportive around the guys that found women they wanted to marry.

That being said, I was always less of a Mystery fan and more of a Juggler fan. But Juggler fit my personality better, so it was more of a natural fit.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #99
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Yes, exactly. People read the book and assumed that it was about the exploitation of women and the community was a bunch of dudes sharing personal information about all the women they nailed. I very rarely saw any of that. In fact, the community seemed the most supportive around the guys that found women they wanted to marry.

That being said, I was always less of a Mystery fan and more of a Juggler fan. But Juggler fit my personality better, so it was more of a natural fit.
I met most of the guys and liked them all, met Juggler once and my buddy/wing knew him better. I liked Tyler, he's not as portrayed in the books - I think that was deliberately twisted to give a villain to the piece.

I never met anyone who was anti-social or mysogynistic, there were a lot of unsocial guys trying to improve their confidence and learn how to interact. Never met one person who I considered out to take advantage of any woman, which is why I was so disappointed (and angry) about the book.

The material is really just training wheels - it's there to give those guys something to say/do while they learn - a lot of people who weren't in the community didn't realize that and thankfully view it as chat up lines rather than noise while you get the body language and delivery right.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #100
jakaul
Sergeant

Less complicated, at least.

I met most of the guys and liked them all, met Juggler once and my buddy/wing knew him better. I liked Tyler, he's not as portrayed in the books - I think that was deliberately twisted to give a villain to the piece.

I never met anyone who was anti-social or mysogynistic, there were a lot of unsocial guys trying to improve their confidence and learn how to interact. Never met one person who I considered out to take advantage of any woman, which is why I was so disappointed (and angry) about the book.

The material is really just training wheels - it's there to give those guys something to say/do while they learn - a lot of people who weren't in the community didn't realize that and thankfully view it as chat up lines rather than noise while you get the body language and delivery right.
One of the funniest experiences I ever had was using a line in Juggler's book - announced to a group of girls that I was going home to do lines of coke. I liked Juggler because he was genuine in most everything he said.

And yeah, I've had wives of friends tell me they weren't going to introduce me to their girlfriends because I was a follower of people like in "The Game". Odd because they knew me and knew I wasn't like that, but it seemed to strike a nerve.
Old 2012-07-06, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #101
Marsgrim
Sergeant

Less complicated, at least.

One of the funniest experiences I ever had was using a line in Juggler's book - announced to a group of girls that I was going home to do lines of coke. I liked Juggler because he was genuine in most everything he said.

And yeah, I've had wives of friends tell me they weren't going to introduce me to their girlfriends because I was a follower of people like in "The Game". Odd because they knew me and knew I wasn't like that, but it seemed to strike a nerve.
Yeah I tend not to tell people, no point in letting them form stereotype views
Old 2012-07-06, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #102
jakaul
Sergeant

Yeah I tend not to tell people, no point in letting them form stereotype views
Same here. When Mystery's show came out, we (myself and my wing) would occasionally get asked if we were using those techniques on them. Made for some funny conversations.
Old 2012-07-06, 03:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #103
Marsgrim
Sergeant

I would have really liked to have met Mystery just to see the show he puts on, but I think that style works for him because it is him - very much a performance from what I saw - my wing did do one of his workshops in London and said people were literally just following him down the street thinking it was street show.

Jugglers stuff was great to read, he left for a while iirc and then returned. Liked reading Jeffy's (Jlaix) stuff but then everyone did.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #104
jakaul
Sergeant

I would have really liked to have met Mystery just to see the show he puts on, but I think that style works for him because it is him - very much a performance from what I saw - my wing did do one of his workshops in London and said people were literally just following him down the street thinking it was street show.

Jugglers stuff was great to read, he left for a while iirc and then returned. Liked reading Jeffy's (Jlaix) stuff but then everyone did.
Mystery's style never appealed to me. I first got started on David DeAngelo's stuff, which is heavy on being who you truly are, so I could never get too into wearing all the crazy shit to get attention. My wing loved that, though, and it worked for him. I ended up taking a lot of the MM concepts and applying them, but left some of the "show" out. Which is mostly what you want to do - develop yourself.

And Cyco, Chloroform was my favorite cologne.
Old 2012-07-06, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #105
Checowsky
Corporal

Originally Posted by IronMole View Post
Oh, there you are!
I has been hiding, but why DID this end up into a peen thread?
Wait for PS2 peep, we're all excited but this thread is a few months early. =P

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge