Lodestar = teh up! - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Even NC call 911
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-11-24, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
bryan25
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Ait'al
The Lodestar is a single-crew vehicle that can lift and carry any ground vehicle quickly and smoothly to a desired location.
To load a vehicle into the Lodestar, simply drive the vehicle near the Lodestar, atop the mounting circle provided for vehicles, and then hit "G to enter". The Lodestar will grab your vehicle automatically and the pilot will take over from there. The main bay of the Lodestar seals shut with a force shield when moving to protect its cargo from damage while it is in transit.

To release your vehicle from the Lodestar, you can either hit ALT+G to dismount (which will bail your vehicle out of the Lodestar's grip if the Lodestar is flying at the time), or the pilot can release you by clicking the appropriate button on the Vehicles Permission screen.

When the Lodestar is landed on the ground, it acts as a repair/rearm pad for all vehicles. The Lodestar can do this as long as it is intact and landed. Lodestars in motion do not provide repair/rearm functionality.

NOTE: The Lodestar can carry the Router, but the Router must drive sideways (strafe) into the Lodestar vehicle bay. This was done to keep the Lodestar's AA profile as skinny as possible.

Here. 8)

umm we all know that wy did u quote it?
Old 2003-11-24, 09:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

My god is it ugly! it better be able to fit a couple of AMS's if not Prowlers

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
LiLKiLLiNgOnE
Private

Originally Posted by Gohan_VA
Holy shit! Flying air condictionar unit!
Old 2003-11-24, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
I Hate Pants
General

I think its very sexy looking. Although I guess this means the death of the galaxy.

I wondering how the animation is going to look like for the pilot getting in and the vehicles.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Originally Posted by {BOHICA}Navaron

looks alot like

Only if he was redder, the vanu wouldn't be the only one with a retarded mascot.
Old 2003-11-24, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I wanna crash it into a base.
Old 2003-11-24, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Ait'al
Contributor
General

See the compartments on the side with the three things under it. Each of those is a compartement (small one that is.) and theres a main one in the middle. That make 3on each side and the main one in hte middle. making atleast 7 unelss the main is seperated into like two lvs then who knows.

I know all. ^^

You drive up to the sides of the small compartements they open upward and you drive in. If ther is a second compartment it will have something on hte ground indicating its open. It will take you in the bottom layer and the floor wil shift up to the top. There will be a yellow indicator next to each on.8)

For hte main one you go to the back(hence no pictures to keep you guessing. 8P) And there is either room for one big sized vehicle or the same as the small compartments You get in, it shifts you ot the top and leaves room for the next and when its finnished theres a force feild instead of a wall like the smaller ones.

Hence the description of having to go in sideways with the Router. So possibly room in back too. Making 4 chambers in "the main bay" and two spaces in each of the smaller chambers. I may be off on the main bay but...

That should make 14-16 vehicles. 12 on the sides and 2or 4 in the center. 8)

Its definitely double layered.

This would then go great with about 4 galaxies. 2-4 big vehicles 12 small ones(like ATV or skyguards) 8 maxes 4 more vehicles from the galaxies and 24 infantry men. Plus the guns of the galaxies combined. 8) nice package. If it repairs air galaxies are invincible and you can set a base right outside a real one with that thing.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-24 at 10:31 PM.
Old 2003-11-24, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

nah, all wrong. THe lodestar will probably only carry 1 vehicle.

THe blue things on the side are just landing struts.
Old 2003-11-24, 10:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Mango
First Lieutenant

Oh look a flying brick
Old 2003-11-24, 10:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Thats what I think....but how come those stay out while the others retract while in flight?
Old 2003-11-24, 10:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Ait'al
Contributor
General

i mean the seperated spaces above them. Theres a yellow thing on each of them and they all look identicle. those are the small compartments. Above the landing struts.

besides this caption???The Lodestar. A picture from the early phases of creation. 11/24/03.

Ther are only two small bays on each side. Post the picture more form the side.

The grey squares (one with an NC insignia) are the doors to the small compartements the yellow are the walls

that makes 8 small vehicles and 2-4 big ones. 8P

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-24 at 10:43 PM.
Old 2003-11-24, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Lets be reasonable here. If it could carry several vehicles on both sides plus one big in the middle then you got yourself a zerg in 4 Lodestars. It is pretty big, atleast as fat as the Galaxy's wingspan. I think its a drive through. Like a backpack, you could store as much shit as you want filling up backpack space till there is no room.

Or just one/two vehicles could enter.....or 4-6 bikes....
Old 2003-11-24, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Hamma
PSU Admin

Spork says it will carry all vehs, no clue how many at once. As for its looks - Dave said on the dev interview it wasnt a sexy vehicle

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-11-24, 10:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

Hmm, I want to see the animation on how the hell he gets up and down from that thing...
Old 2003-11-24, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Ait'al
Contributor
General

I know i had somehting wrong. the side ones are on a level of ther own in the middle of the vehicle thats 4 side compartment vehicles and a double layered middle compartment for 2 big ones.

That and the possibility of there being smaller vehicles in place of the big one.

Then my last idea is room for 4 big vehicles in the middle(maybe 6 with the not so perfect square shape) Plus the above possibility and the side things (the 4 of them) are the repair/rearm chambers and you have to enter them to get the service.

that has ot be it! See 2/3 spaces in the main bays upper lv and 2/3 on the bottom. thats why you ahve to put the router in sideways because theres more room going form the left and the right of the lodestar for vehicles because there chambers are rectangles with there short sides facing the sides of the plane. 8)

ill shut up now.

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-11-24 at 10:56 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion