Is it worth coming back? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Galaxy Drops! New and Improved Cherry Flavor!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2007-09-14, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Is it worth coming back?

Wow, it's three years since I've left the game. Update = grad school done, new job, new state, and a wife. First house closes in 2 weeks. I'm not really into any new games coming out recently and in the near future and was considering a stint in PS again for a few months to a year. I need to know how the player populations are? Is there anything keeping people away like an exploit or bug? Are there continents poplocking or is there just enough population to fill one or maybe 2 continents at a time. I remember the days when 3-4 maps were locked with huge 3 way battles, does that still happen? I would love to reactivate my BR20 CR4 character for a while. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!

PS I'm surprised this site is still fairly acitve and I hope that's a good sign... good job Hamma.
Old 2007-09-29, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
jakeataku
Private

Re: Is it worth coming back?

Huge battles still happen, and they're just a great. Plus the new weapons and vehicles add a whole new element. I suggest getting back into the game, and hopefully your character is still on the servers, I know when I took my first break from the game they deleted my character. But overall the game is still good, I miss the original dev-team, but the new guys are ok when they do something useful.
Old 2007-09-30, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
cheeba
Private

Misc Info

I just subbed today after 2 or so years away. I had a blast so far. But the population is not anywhere like it was when I left. I am hoping to get my old guild back into PS. But thats looking doubtful at this point.
Old 2007-10-01, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I've been playing on and off for two weeks now. It's the same game I remember, actually less noobs running around, I even see some old names from 3 years ago (DEUCE, IRISHGUNNER) my outfits are no longer around though.

The game play is great, the open field battles are great, bases fall pretty fast once they get inside however. Sniping is still fun but too many vehicles makes it tough. Galaxy Gunships, OMG nerf it NOW. They can change the whole face of a battle in just a minute. BFRs are nasty but controlable.

That's all I have, I paid for a month to see if I like it and if finances are good and the wife isn't pissed I'm playing a "new" game maybe I'll sign on for another month.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion