Surge timer - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hmm, now where did I park my Vanguard?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-26, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Adapt we shall and this WILL change how agile is used most definatly. I admit, I once used surge to give me the exploit that a lot of people do use. Yes, it is avalible to all people in the game. Thats the beauty of Surge and it's very effective. Lots of good players get surgile to get kills, and I really could care less, whatever floats their boats but I don't. At least not agile.

Old 2004-03-26, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

Yeah, I called it an exploit. No one reading the PSU forums can pretend they don't know that surging in a fight causes warping for the enemies you are facing. And complaining about FREE armor not matching up well against armor that costs 3 full certification points is another point falling on deaf ears with me.
You get 3 implants... and 23 certs. Using one implant is as substancial if not more so than 3 cert points.

How about making it so that personal shield cannot be used with a weapon out? that makes about as much sense as the surge nerf.

I would not have minded if there was still a nerf, but no rundown timer. As it stands using surge will ONLY get you killed if you use it anywhere within a 50m radius of an enemy.

Also rexoside sucks, slowing down the gameplay more does not make it better, all it means now is whomever can take a lot of hits while spraying randomly wins. 6+ shots on a rexo while they draw a cycler and take me to half is nowhere near balenced.

Might as well not use surge at all any more and just get audio.
Old 2004-03-26, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Considering I don't use surge in combat, rather, to get in and out of combat, I'll just adapt instead of whine.

And I'd like to see how much better I fare against the really good people that happen to warp when I'm trying to blast them with a sweeper.
Old 2004-03-26, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Incompetent
Contributor
InComa

You get 3 implants... and 23 certs. Using one implant is as substancial if not more so than 3 cert points.
Bullshit, there are maybe 6 implants worth using by most any char (and another 2 just for cloakers,) there are around 54 points worth of certs (excluding certs with benifits packaged with other certs.)
How about making it so that personal shield cannot be used with a weapon out? that makes about as much sense as the surge nerf.
No, it doesn't make any sense at all. Speed can be valuable when your not being shot at, such as for getting down to the gen while its under attack or quickly rushing to a breach in friendly defenses. A bunch of disposable hit points is useless except to absorb damage, which effectively requires you to deal damage back to be worthwhile.
Also rexoside sucks, slowing down the gameplay more does not make it better, all it means now is whomever can take a lot of hits while spraying randomly wins. 6+ shots on a rexo while they draw a cycler and take me to half is nowhere near balenced.
Rexo was meant for infantry combat, and it should outclass agile in a standup fight, otherwise there is very little to no benifit for having it. Agile was meant for people who don't specialize in infantry combat, it has other benifits, such as being free and offering the ability to drive/pilot most vehicles. Even with being able to use it in straight infantry combat, it still has it's uses.
Old 2004-03-26, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

MAXs have had auto-run for ages, and they get shot at by phalanx turrets when in auto-run mode. At least you surgers won't get that.
Old 2004-03-26, 05:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

there wont be anymore surgers. i plan on droping surge and getting Audio Amp. i think hardly any one will use surge now.
Old 2004-03-26, 05:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Thing is, Surge was originally intended as quick foot transportation.
Old 2004-03-26, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Kaymon
Thing is, Surge was originally intended as quick foot transportation.
And it looks like that is what it will finally be used for

I only used Surge when running a Pokeball in Standard...

Old 2004-03-26, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by HawkEye
there wont be anymore surgers. i plan on droping surge and getting Audio Amp. i think hardly any one will use surge now.

Talking about Audio Amp, does it still drain your Stamina or has gone the same way like Advance Targeting?

Sorry, I haven't tried it out lately since I never seem to get it to work properly during its short operation time....

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-26, 08:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

I think audio amp will still drain, I'm pretty sure only enhanced targeting and range magnifier don't drain anymore. I'm going to be keeping surge though, I like to use it to run away from a combat situation when I know I'm going to lose to heal/repair myself.
Old 2004-03-26, 10:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

I honestly believe SOE comes closer and closer to balance after every patch (excluding lasher 2.0 )

.5 seconds will be just enough time for that rat bastard in agile to fall out of the cieling/wall/floor, hopefully ending the warping bug

don't get me wrong, I abused warp as well, but I would much rather see balance in the game

Patience young padawan, patience
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion