An Ode to Morons - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Don't be in your boxxorz around Yuyi
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-27, 04:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

An Ode to Morons

Anyone know �Hazardous� a NC on Markov? He is a prime example of why morons should not cert in the Flail. Inside of 10 minutes he managed to kill me 3 times with his Flail while spamming the base and then the tower we were attacking. In one shot he killed me and 3 others as we were pushing the tower CC. He single handedly saved the enemy by saving the CC and allowing for reinforcements. Brilliant.

I tell him that he TKed me 3 times and should pick another cert if he can�t use a flail without butchering allied troops.

He then replies �Learn to count I killed you only one time�. Now I suppose it�s time for me to explain that the epitaph log only goes back so far and then is overwritten?

How can someone be BR18 and still not understand the basics of how the game is played?

It baffles the mind. At least he picked an appropriate name. LOL!

Anyone else have any good stories about �teammates� who are more of a bane then a benefit?
Old 2004-03-27, 05:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

To be fair, I had a similar situation to this on my first flail outing, killing like 5 people in 3 shots. But it was also my last; I haven't used it since. :|
Old 2004-03-27, 05:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
easypickings
Corporal

maybe there should be a licence to use it ?

like a shooting range or something.
Old 2004-03-27, 05:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Acaila
First Lieutenant

2/5 friendly MAX players. I am fucking sick of noobs in MAXs shooting me all the time, not once, but regularly. It is always accidental, but christ, I don't need to be shot in the face right after I drop an enemy. It happens once every couple of days where a friendly in a MAX will consistantly shoot me in a tower AFTER all the enemies are dead. Just 1 shot, bam. I tked 3 MAXs yesterday because they pissed me off so bad doing this. Why is it so fucking hard to tell if the guy in YELLOW FUCKING ARMOUR that your aiming at is friendly? You would think after getting grief the 1st damn time for shooting me without a live enemy in sight they would check their fire a little, but no. A bit of think 1st, fire 2nd is in order for the Markov NC MAX noob brigade.
Old 2004-03-27, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Maybe he was just new with the flail.
Old 2004-03-27, 10:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Wel lto be honest, i kill alot of people with my purple-disco-balls of death.
Sometimes FF happens, like calling down a Airstrike on your own position, or taking out a column allied tanks with a A-10.......

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-03-27, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Subterfuge
Corporal

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
or taking out a column allied tanks with a A-10.......

That happens to me all the time
Old 2004-03-27, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

...or Americans in Afghanistan
Old 2004-03-27, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

yea flail sucks
Old 2004-03-27, 12:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by 321
Maybe he was just new with the flail.

Perhaps, but it does not take Einstein to figure out that you might not want to Flail spam a CY full of friendly troops� or that you might not want to fire into open doors of an enemy tower that is being overrun by friendly troops�

For clarification he was firing from a local position overlooking the action, not from some far away location relying of a good laze to aim.

Helpful hints:

1. Green dots on your mini-map are friendly troops.

2. If you are NC the blue and yellow guys are on your team.

3. The kill listing on the top half of the chat window only lists approximately the last 100 lines so it won�t be a complete history of the evening�s events.

If you made it to BR18 CR1 you should know these basics by now. I'd love to see "Hazardous" (to friend and foe alike) grief after those 15 min of Flail infamy. With each shot that he killed me with he also killed another friendly as well... must have been close to weapons lock...
Old 2004-03-27, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

calm down and go watch your b movie god
Old 2004-03-27, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Why cant Sony just code it where when you TK 20 people you lose your flail (forcebly ejected and locked)?
Old 2004-03-27, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Ive got the best idea ever. GET RID OF THE FLAIL. Its more trouble than its worth. But yes i have had something similar to that happen to me. It sucked but mine outdose yours by far. 12 times there buddy. I got tked by a flail 12 times before someone in his own squad decided to kill him. YEAH. Those kind of people need to be schooled on the basics of this game. The bane of my existince TKERS!!!!!!!!!!!! w/e whats done is done just thought i would share my story.

Old 2004-03-27, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

I took my sweet time, I was careful, I infiltrated a heavily CE'd CY and was headed for a ramp.

TR idiot <Flail> me

I respawned at the base, to find him in the courtyard. He had the nerve to send me a /tell telling me to watch where I walked. 6 boomers and a jammer got my point across.
Old 2004-03-27, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

For some reason, everytime teammates see my name, they absolutely HAVE to run infront of either (a My plasma grenades or (b My maelstrom grenades. It is so FUCKING annoying. I mean goddamn people.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion