Grenades and Mines - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Vanu, the other white meat.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2002-11-05, 04:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Grenades and Mines

How many different grenades and mines are their going to be?

Hopefully there will be proxy mines and remote detonation mines(those always spice up games) and for the grenades it would be cool if there were gas grenades to poison the enemy(also have to have gas masks).

If the enemy safe in their little base, just open the door and chuck in a gas grenade and goodbye enemy.
Old 2002-11-05, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Unregistered
Contributor
Custom Title

This is from the "Equipment" Section of this site. There is more info over there, but this should answer your questions.

Grenades
Fragmentation Grenade
Fragmentation Grenades skewer their blast radius with shrapnel when exploding. Soldiers are particularly vulnerable to fragmentation grenades, as the shrapnel can easily pierce body armor. The closer the soldier is to the fragmentation grenade when it explodes, the higher the damage quotient (due to the increased chance of being hit by shrapnel). It can be thrown to detonate either on impact, or with a two-second fuse.

Jammer Grenade
Designed specifically to interfere with electrical systems, the Jammer grenade doesn't impart any physical damage, but can play havoc with a myriad of electrical equipment. Any electrical equipment caught within a Jammer grenade's blast will be affected. The effects of the Jammer grenade are also proximity-based; the closer electrical equipment is to the epicenter, the longer the jamming effect. It can be thrown to detonate either on impact, or with a two-second fuse. This grenade effects Deployables, Radars, etc. It will not effect MAX armors.

Plasma Grenade
The Plasma grenade contains highly-compressed plasma which sprays an area and any unfortunate nearby soldiers, objects, or vehicles with burning plasma when exploding. Any soldiers, objects, or vehicles hit by the scathing plasma will continue to receive aggravated damage until the plasma's heat naturally subsides (or the recipient perishes). It can be thrown to detonate either on impact, or with a two-second fuse
Misc Equipment
ACE
The ACE uses nano-tech to create matrix patterns in one of four varieties. Used by Combat Engineers exclusively, the ACE can be deployed as either a High-Explosive Mine, a remote-detonated Boomer, a deployable Spitfire turret, or a deployable Motion Sensor Alarm.
No gass grenades, but it's not a bad idea. There is also a thread around here some where about grenades that had a lot of good input, but what you see above is what were going to get.

Unless they sneak in something they haven't told us about.
Old 2002-11-05, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

Thanks.

I hope there will be mines though. It would bring whole different strategies to the game.

All you would have to do to take out enemy troops is place a proxiy mine at the entrance of the enemy base.
Old 2002-11-05, 05:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Hamma
PSU Admin

I am pretty certain Mines will be available.. I dont remember where i read that tho :[

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2002-11-05, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tolvy
Sergeant Major

This would be so fun to do to an enemy!

(sorry if you can't see the pic above)

Last edited by Tolvy; 2002-11-05 at 09:45 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion