Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2013-07-18, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

[Looking - Connery] No nonsense outfit

I guess I posted my main thread in the wrong place :P

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=55358

I am not sure this exists, but I am looking for an outfit that IS NOT TRYING TO BE A MILITARY SIM group by people who have not actually been in the military, nor recognize that this is a game.
  • uses team work but allows some degree of individuality. In otherwords, if I dont have a certed Max worth doing anything, then, with permission, allow me to contribute where I am at least effective. Let me be an engineer or even sniper as long as I can stay with the group and contribute toward an objective.
  • uses voice communications
  • allows me to play when I can. No I cant be on 4x a week. If I am on 2x a week that should be good. Sometimes those days are not regular either, maybe a monday and tuesday one week, thursday and friday the next. I am more than happy to post on a forum to tell you what I plan for that week
  • a means of communication outside of the game. I want to know when people are on so I dont log in and find that nobody is on. Use steam, forums, teamspeak, whatever, but a means I can check on my phone and decide whether its worth logging in or not.

Ok enough of my demands. I do know what its like in an "outfit." I ran my own competitive clan for CS, DODS, UT, and TF2. I have competed at a top level (for DODS my clan won open and we went 4-4 in Invite which is not easy for a second year clan). I am a team player and do follow strategies and tactics. I just don't want a clan that stresses ranks as a means of social exclusion rather than team work and strategy.

Try outs / trial periods are not only welcome but preferred.

PS: I would transfer servers/factions if its for a really cool group.

Thanks.
Old 2013-07-18, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info
Re: [Looking - Connery] No nonsense outfit

I think you might enjoy us, fill out an app @ Praetorian Guard

Praetorian Guard's been around since 2006/2007 in PS1, NC on Emerald and now on Connery in PS2. We don't have set OPS nights that we require people to show up, we essentially run ops whenever we get a chance, we know RL takes a precedence over everything else.

Only requirements we have is that you get onto voice coms when you login to the game, join the squad, and stick together and not go lonewolfing. We have random trainings here and there, often we work on things on the fly.

We usually have you run with us after APPing and into the outfit if no issues there for a month or so, and if it gels it gels. Its often the guy's responsiblity who recruited you to make sure you're accountable and play up to our standards.

If a lil interested to see how things run somedays, check out my highlights or previous recordings http://twitch.tv/ghstmarauder I usually take over when I get online and try to run the OPS and get us organized with our allied outfits (Recursion, Outfit x, and Mad Dog Gaming).

Last edited by Ghstmarauder; 2013-07-18 at 06:30 PM.
Old 2013-07-18, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Coltorl
Private

Check Out Total Recoil @ www.totalrecoiloutfit.com

Who we are: A Cohesive Unit

We are the Number 1 TR outfit with over 192 members on Connery. We encourage you to check us out at planetside-universe.com or outfitpoints.com.

Total Recoil is an outfit based around camaraderie, team work, and fun. We pride ourselves in having members and leaders who excel in tactical warfare. Over the years of our members playing many different varieties of games we have come to realize that it in order for us to conquer nations we must band together as one force. This is the vision of Total Recoil, for you to form bonds and brothers in arms as you tear the enemy to shreds.

What we require of you: Our Expectations
We expect our members to have a friendly approachable attitude always willing to lend a hand with the platoons greater goals in mind.
Remember that you have a TXR tag next to your name. It is a tag that inspires fear in our enemies and brings relief to our allies when we hit the battlefield. Wear it with pride and respect. Do not dishonor the tag with any sort of ill-behavior.
Total Recoil is an outfit created to accommodate all types of play styles in order to maximize your fun! We do not have attendance requirements, and we do not force people into any roles. If you want to be a pilot one weak, and a tanker the next, and then back to infantry. Thats GREAT! We encourage that. We do NOT demand power gamers, we want people to play how they enjoy the game.
While we have plenty of fun in our dedicated TS, we also demand that people snap to attention when the battle heats up. When we are in a real fight comms are reserved strictly for delivering tactical information.

Last edited by Coltorl; 2013-07-18 at 07:48 PM.
Old 2013-07-19, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

You know some of you guys post you are not a mill sim team yet your recruitment posts say a different story.
Old 2013-07-19, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Coltorl
Private

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
You know some of you guys post you are not a mill sim team yet your recruitment posts say a different story.
Well, what qualifies a mil sim group to me are the groups like ShacTac and United Operations, they ban people for doing BS trying to be funny and ban for talking about random shit during combat, while we heavily discourage it, if our leaders do find it funny they probably will let it slide. We have our fair share of drunken ops and even during those we are 1000% more organized and efficient than most TR outfits. You're welcome to check out the forums and analyze our shitposts and judge whether or not we take the game too seriously.
Old 2013-07-19, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Ghstmarauder
Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rahabib View Post
Every outfit is going to ask you to do stuff, i'm not going to yell at you and tell you that you should use these weapons, why are you wearing this camo, to stfu. But I think its reasonable to ask for people to redeploy or swap to a class when needed, or play with the group.

That being said I jump us around a lot and like to be the tip of the spear or the fast reaction force for the empire, and would need people to be on their A-Game when we're not messing bout.

If that might be a little too fast paced for you, there are probably more casual farming type outfits for you.

Old 2013-07-20, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Things like set divisions, a complex ranking structure beyond just captains, members and recruits, a needless complex training (some introductory boarding I understand), and a few I have seen on the other forums even require camos. I am not necessarily saying any of you act like mil sims, as I haven't played with any of you yet - but if you are wondering why I never bothered creating applications for some of you before, its because the posts you put up sound like mil sim groups.

That said, feel free to add me as a friend (Rahabib TR Connery, NCRahabib NC Connery, GFYRaha VS Connery - BTW I just created the NC and VS for tryouts, I dont fourth faction), I am happy for groups to prove me wrong. I do stay with the team and and take objectives, as stated. I just want the social aspect to respect equality and contributions. Also, if you feel I am not good for you, then I can accept that, hence the reason I like tryouts.

As far as farming - why would you need an outfit for that? You can do much better farming as a lone wolf anyway :P

Last edited by Rahabib; 2013-07-20 at 03:36 PM.
Old 2013-07-20, 07:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
exohkay
Private

Got batteries. VS on Briggs. We're the #1 outfit somehow, and our website vanuvanuvanu.com has all our details.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Old 2013-07-22, 01:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rahabib
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by exohkay View Post
Got batteries. VS on Briggs. We're the #1 outfit somehow, and our website vanuvanuvanu.com has all our details.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2
Thanks, but that server is a bit too far outside my ping range

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit