PSU: Tastes Great...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-06-29, 01:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
SnipesUp
Private

3+ people LFO

I played the original Planetside for a few years. I am going to get back into Planetside when part 2 comes out, and a few of my friends want to join also. We are looking for an Outfit either TR or NC (prefer TR). I played NC originally, but enjoyed the TR weapons and vehicles a lot more except the vanguard kept me NC. :P

I believe I was level 16 or 18 and CR3. This was before the increase in level.

I am 24 years Old
Live in Central time US
Use vent religiously

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Current games palying:

Heroes of newerth
Diablo 3
Smite

FPS I have played:

Renegade
RTCW: ET
COD 4, 5
TF2 ( a little)

PS: Please include an estimated members, total members and active members, What your outfit specializes in (if any), and the roles you are looking to fill within your outfit (if any).

PSS: If teardrop, budman, vex, lank... any of my old buds still paly, hit me up.

Last edited by SnipesUp; 2012-06-29 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Re: 3+ people LFO

Check your PM's bro
Old 2012-06-29, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

If that Vanguard tempts you still, we specialize in it.

Old 2012-06-29, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Boof
Private

Misc Info

If you think you'd be interested in joining an outfit that specializes in air combat, Crux might be the outfit for you. Check us out and let me know what you think!

~Boof
Old 2012-06-29, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
SnipesUp
Private

One of our guys used to play for 1stmd COD 4 team. He is big into shooting, so he would probably rather be in a more infantry style of outfit. I on the other hand loved everything about the game.

My favorite part of the game was doing covert OP stuff, like draining a base you had no connections to then hacking it.

In other words, I would like to have a reasonably strong interest in infantry, but also I would like to use many vehicles. Teamwork is the most important aspect of this game to me.

Thank you all who have posted, I will be keeping my friends updated on the offers you kind fellows have posted here.
Old 2012-06-29, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Tulka
Private

C22 seems like a good fit for you, we specialized in spec ops in PS1 with a side of reaver nights and lightning nights. now we do a bit of everything, if numbers permit we'll do spec ops, if not we'll run tanks or bombers.

we used to run a full platoon every night in planetside's glory days, we'll be looking to have a squad or 2 for PS2 as of right now.

we have about 40 total members at the moment, about a dozen on playing PS1 and always looking for more good folks, check us out at http://c22.site.nfoservers.com/

we play lots of games too, if a community is what you're looking for, we do that! hope to see you on our forums!
-Tulka
Old 2012-06-29, 04:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by SnipesUp View Post
One of our guys used to play for 1stmd COD 4 team. He is big into shooting, so he would probably rather be in a more infantry style of outfit. I on the other hand loved everything about the game.

My favorite part of the game was doing covert OP stuff, like draining a base you had no connections to then hacking it.

In other words, I would like to have a reasonably strong interest in infantry, but also I would like to use many vehicles. Teamwork is the most important aspect of this game to me.

Thank you all who have posted, I will be keeping my friends updated on the offers you kind fellows have posted here.
Ah, then I will elaborate some more.

War Machine has two primary units, the Armored Cavalry Regiment (Vanguards and Lightnings) and the Mobile Infantry Regiment (moved with the Sunderer as opposed to Galaxy). The idea is the we are a shock and awe force of heavy hitting heavy armor that can still go toe to toe in a pitched battle. We plan to forge ourselves into a hybrid of the zergfits and leetfits of old.

We will likely use a combination of TS3 and the ingame VOIP.

We won't be banging our heads against a brick wall. If we don't break it the first time, we pull back the hammer and go for a second blow. We also will use adaptive tactics and strategies and will push the limits of what can be done.

Old 2012-06-29, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Pine
Private

I played the original Planetside for a few years..

PS: Please include an estimated members, total members and active members, What your outfit specializes in (if any), and the roles you are looking to fill within your outfit (if any).

PSS: If teardrop, budman, vex, lank... any of my old buds still paly, hit me up.
Greetings SnipesUp!

Sturmgrenadier is firing back up the ole "roll it blue machine" for PS2. We are warming up with "just for fun" ops in PS right now.

At SG's peak in PS:
estimated numbers 300
Total numbers 1000+ (multiple games)
current active member PS2 only - ~ 40
Roles: ALL- and I am not kidding, including squad lead, platoon lead, and any thing you want run or gun. SG is combined ops -- we do everything (well solo sniping gets no love)
We have an age limit (18), our own rack mounted TS servers, and enough crusties from PS to make sure that when PS2 does hit beta, we will wont be fudling about how to group up or follow leaders.
Old 2012-06-29, 06:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SnipesUp
Private

Thank you all for your replies, I am getting a few of my friends to check out this post also so we can make a good decision as a group.

I appreciate the elaboration of your outfits you have provided.

My steam is below if you wish to contact me through that as well.

snipesup

Last edited by SnipesUp; 2012-06-29 at 06:19 PM.
Old 2012-06-29, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Hmr85
Lieutenant Colonel

Hello SnipesUp,

Might I suggest checking out Outfit X. We are a NC based outfit that has been around since 2003. We are currently looking for all classes. I want you to know we are a pretty laid back Outfit so we will not hold you to a overly strict schedule as we realize people have lives outside of the game. We are a very friendly community and are always looking for Vets and newer players to join our ranks.

Outfit X specializes in Spec op type warfare, so quick precise assaults are our specialty and team work is the name of the game. So if you are interested in joining us or just want to learn some more about us then please check out the link below. If you have any question please send me a PM.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=42783

Old 2012-06-30, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Reborn
Private

Ah a wolfenstein player...such a good game
Old 2012-06-30, 12:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Boof
Private

Misc Info

Thank you all for your replies, I am getting a few of my friends to check out this post also so we can make a good decision as a group.

I appreciate the elaboration of your outfits you have provided.

My steam is below if you wish to contact me through that as well.

snipesup
Hey I tried searching your name on Steam but to no avail. Are you sure that's the correct steam name?
Old 2012-06-30, 12:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Naz The Eternal
First Sergeant

Misc Info

Current games palying:

Heroes of newerth
MID WARS! You're welcome to join us on VOIP for some Heroes of Newerth

FPS I have played:

Renegade
Now there is a game I do not see too many people around who have played. One of my first FPS's way back in the day, awesome game!

Well I know you're interested in NC/TR but I'm going to throw in my 2 cents.

Toxin Raiders is a Vanu Outfit oriented towards infantry and air support. We are all former Battlefield and Call of Duty series players. Some of us have gone through CAL/TWL with BF and have a decent number of competitive players.

Numbers: In the range of 50 members
Active: 30 locked and loaded for Beta

More about us and our history can be found at www.ToxinGamers.com

OUTFIT OFFICER
Vanu Sovereignty
Old 2012-06-30, 02:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
TraumaHawk
Private

Black Widow Company

Terran Republic

Black Widow Company, a proud member of the ULTRA Alliance, is looking for players for Planetside 2. Our primary focus is Air Assault, Heavy Infantry, and Air-Mobile Rapid Response.

About Us

Our outfit is home to a large percentage of military veterans and active-duty servicemembers. Largely due to our members' background, we prefer to run as a military-style outfit. This translates into using small unit tactics and other various techniques, heavily adapted for Planetside. We have a highly-organized structure and a dedicated chain of command. Nightly, weekly, and Alliance operations are performed for any of the games we support. During planned/announced operations, we will typically use strict communication procedures on TeamSpeak (no bluttering idiots and mindless chatter). During 'off-duty' times and casual play, we're faily loose but do not tolerate transmission-abuse: running your mouth, screaming, spamming, etc.

Task Forces

If you are looking to be more than just someone with an outfit tag, we offer three Task Forces that serve as our special-focus teams. Task Force Ranger is our air assault and heavy infantry force. Task Force Commando is our air-mobile light infantry force. Task Force Dragon is our air cavalry/air support team. Joining a task force is NOT REQUIRED. You can be a regular casual player without doing anything more than the requirements for basic membership.

Training, Promotions, and Battle Decorations

We offer our members a wide range of training in which you are able to hone your combat skills, your flight skills, and learn successful tactics from the men that created 'em. Our promotions are based off a points system that negates and favoritism, is reviewed periodically, and adjusted to account for game OPTEMPO (Operating Tempo). Should you want to earn decorations and awards (and show them off on your FruitSalad), we have a Battle Decorations Program. Completion of basic expectations is all we require - everything is optional and for fun. *You can simply sign up and be a member if this does not interest you!*

Recruitment

The recruiting process for BWC requires potential recruits to put forth a small amount of commitment in the form of:
1) You must post a recruitment application on the BWC forums using the application template.
2) You are required to read and sign the SOP (our charter) to continue the recruitment process.
3) You are required to sign up on the BWC Operations Server and place their FruitSalad forum signature in their forum profile (BWC forums only).
4) You are required to be on TeamSpeak3 whilst playing.
5) Each member is a Rifleman first and foremost - until Planetside2 comes along, Planetside members are required to obtain and maintain the Medium Assault certification (only if you are currently a Planetside member).

TL;DR

If you're looking for a professional outfit that believes in teamwork, communication, tactics, loyalty and friendship, then look no further than Black Widow Company.

http://www.the-bwc.com
Old 2012-06-30, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
roastduck
Private

Double-tap on TraumaHawk's post

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit