N.Amer. Highly Organized Outfit, Dont care what faction - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Your boss is probably browsing the forums too.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit

Old 2012-07-13, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
DaMann
Private

N.Amer. Highly Organized Outfit, Dont care what faction

Hey guys, I finally got a beta key off twitter. Now just need a group.

Name: DaMann22

Play time: 20+. Im CST and play mostly at night. I play some during the day if I dont have work.

Specialization: Multirole (will do whatever you order me to do)

Gaming Experience: Many hundreds of hours of CS and BF (1942/BC2/BF3).

Style: Im particularly looking for a well organized, group. I dont care what faction nor do I have a preference. I want to grow within the group to eventually become a squad leader and maybe higher. I enjoy support roles most but still have the skill for infantry. Im an above average flyer but excel more on the ground.

I have all chat/speaking software and a reliable rig (i5 2500k, 6950 X 2).
Old 2012-07-13, 04:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Re: N.Amer. Highly Organized Outfit, Dont care what faction

Originally Posted by DaMann View Post

Play time: 20+. Im CST and play mostly at night. I play some during the day if I dont have work.

Style: Im particularly looking for a well organized, group. I dont care what faction nor do I have a preference. I want to grow within the group to eventually become a squad leader and maybe higher. I enjoy support roles most but still have the skill for infantry. Im an above average flyer but excel more on the ground.

You will get a lot of attention here but it's sometimes tricky discerning the clans that are good from the clans that sounds good. Choosing your clan is a big thing in a game like PS. In my experience if you pick a clan you're likely going to be with them for years rather than days and sometimes it's only afterwards that you realise they weren't as good as you thought they were.

My advice would be to do your own research. PSU has a wronderful wiki section with lists of Outfits on all factions and have a good look around the websites of the various clans you're interested in. Above all take you're time. Finding a good home in a persistent MMO is the most important thing and it sounds like you're looking for a really good one!

Best of luck and be sure to post back here when/if you make your choice.
Old 2012-07-13, 06:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Well, prepare to be spammed by everyone, you opened the floodgates.

War Machine is highly organized in structure, but we try to keep it from affecting the community aspect of the outfit. On the battlefield we all have our role within a defined leadership structure, off the battlefield we are all equal.

We are armor focused and we will be writing the book on Armored Cavalry Warfare in PlanetSide 2. At least for the NC.

We have some other big plans I won't get into, but you don't necessarily have to join up to take advantage of the projects we are working on.

There are plenty of great outfits that will post here, so give them a fair shake.

Old 2012-07-13, 07:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
KiddParK
Contributor
Captain

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
My advice would be to do your own research. PSU has a wronderful wiki section with lists of Outfits on all factions and have a good look around the websites of the various clans you're interested in. Above all take you're time. Finding a good home in a persistent MMO is the most important thing and it sounds like you're looking for a really good one!
the great thing about the Planetside Outfit community is there are LOTS of choices and each outfit is filled with great, friendly people to help you out with the game. Even on the other side of the isle we all poke fun at each other faction wise but the respect is still there.

And in the end if there's no outfit that's doing things the way you believe should be done.. make your own... there's so many options.

best of luck.

kp
Old 2012-07-13, 08:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Hosp
First Sergeant

One of the hard things you're going to face (if you haven't played PS1) is also discerning which outfits are existing and which are being formed for PS2.

Then of those, which existing ones are actually organized vs zergfits whose organization stops after a recall order.

This isn't to take away from those that, for all intents and purposes, don't yet exist. But even of those guys, a little research should tell you which will end up zergfits and which will become organized.

But since we don't have info in the wiki here (yet) and you sound like Mobile Infantry material. Therefore I am obligated to post a link to our thread.

http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=39606

Happy Hunting on your search.
Old 2012-07-13, 09:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
thebruchs
Private

Glad to see this one isn't turning into a flame war about 'elitism'. Anyways Delta Force is a new outfit making a debut on PlanetSide 2, we're currently a mix of new players and veterans. Like Baneblade, we're looking for an organized structure on the field, but a more open community.

Check us out here: http://www.planetside-universe.com/s...ad.php?t=43769

Cheers, and good luck,

~thebruchs

EDIT: If you can wait, it may be best to separate the wheat from the chaff during beta by seeing who performs and who falters.
Old 2012-07-13, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Arovien
First Sergeant

PMed you
Old 2012-07-13, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
KILLFACE
Sergeant

Hey man I'm CO of a Air Cavalry Platoon (definition link) called the Jet Bastards that's about half American and half Australian. We are ultra organized and every man on Ground and Air will know exactly what is expected of them before entering battle so hand holding will be kept to a minimum (unless your a Romantic of course ;P).

We've even had members of various military's look over our required and recommended reading lists and not seen a problem. At the moment we've got scheduled formal outings on a Sunday with a optional session on Saturday that are strictly business and a Reserves Division that essentially fill gaps when they are able but we are considering making separate Saturday and Sunday Active Duty Rosters. When not on Formal Outings we will be slightly more relaxed with a bit more smacktalk and BS on the comms encouraged but will still remain highly tactical with a emphasis on close teamwork.

As Air Cavalry we have roles for most types of Pilots and Ground Forces even Airlifted Vehicles. So no matter what your specialty is we'll find a spot for ya.

If your interested in becoming a Bastard file a recruitment form at :
jetbastards.enjin.com

And how long to get it off twitter? I've heard a few hours is required at a minimum. I got my one from somewhere else.
Old 2012-07-13, 04:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Emperor
Corporal

If you've played CS and BF, you know "organization" doesn't start and stop with things like having a lot of ranks and a giant chain of command. If you want to join a group that's been in competitive FPS for over a decade, whose members have been in league-level CS and BF (1942, 2, and 2142), definitely check out the Darkside Empire at www.darkside-empire.com. We'll be joining up with the Vanu Sovereignty.

There will be room to grow in the outfit, but it won't be by having a rank attached to your name. Grow as a player, and as someone who has proven they can lead a squad, and your squadmates will be apt to follow you--not because the members list says you're a lieutenant or something like that, but because they know what you're capable of and trust your instructions. Whether you lead a squad, a platoon (group of squads in PS2), or even more than that, will be dependent on you. If this is what you're looking for, you'll definitely want to check out the Darkside Empire.
Old 2012-07-13, 05:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I take it you guys don't like title representations of experience and capability

Old 2012-07-13, 06:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Emperor
Corporal

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I take it you guys don't like title representations of experience and capability
Not at all. It's a bit of a slope, you know: "I have experience, so I have X title," "I have more experience than you, so I have Y title," so on and so forth. I know there are arguments for that sort of thing, especially in a game like Planetside where a single outfit can have tons of people running around, but at some point it breaks down--there comes a point where all of that is useless in-game and ultimately you just defer to one, or a few, callers. (People who decide the ops based on the situation)
Old 2012-07-13, 07:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Source
Private

__________________________________________________ ___________

Visit our site at http://jtfjaguar.com/ to keep informed with News and Events.

We use TeamSpeak 3 for Voice Communications at 96.8.119.139:9039

Add us on Steam at http://steamcommunity.com/groups/JTFJaguar

We play a variety of game such as The Battlefield Series, Counter Strike, and ARMA II.

Mainly North American (EST GMT -5)

Some of us have played +1000 hours of BF2 each. We ran a very popular Project Reality server back in the day.
__________________________________________________ ___________
Old 2012-07-13, 10:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
bigcracker
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by DaMann View Post

Sup Battlefield brother, Toxin Raiders sounds look like a good fit for you. We are a organized infantry outfit that started out in Battlefield playing in things such as CAL,Twl, 21cw,BF2C and ASW. We are a airborne infantry outfit that and will be a power house in PS2 also we are not computer chair commandos.
Old 2012-07-14, 02:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
Not at all. It's a bit of a slope, you know: "I have experience, so I have X title," "I have more experience than you, so I have Y title," so on and so forth. I know there are arguments for that sort of thing, especially in a game like Planetside where a single outfit can have tons of people running around, but at some point it breaks down--there comes a point where all of that is useless in-game and ultimately you just defer to one, or a few, callers. (People who decide the ops based on the situation)
I couldn't agree with this more and I think we were one of the first competitive Outfits to do this in PS. In an Outfit of veterans, cr5s, former-Outfit leaders (ever member of DT had at least one cr5 prior to joining) 'ranks' are not only unnecessary but a little insulting. Every new member in DT is admitted only after an entire group vote and once they're in they hold exactly the same rights as everyone else. We only have two ranks. Outfit Leaders; Mirror and I (simply because we wanted the responsibility; most of or members could do what we do) and everyone else is DT. It's all about respect imo; I have respect for every gamer we admit and am quite comfortable trusting him with an equal share of the future of our clan. In our experience that is something gamers value.

The more I hear Darkside Empire, the more I like. I look forward to seeing you guys in beta.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-07-14 at 02:55 AM.
Old 2012-07-20, 08:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Degrifter
Sergeant

Misc Info

Hi DaMann!

I play with Black Widow Company. We're highly organized and we tend to let anyone from the lowest rank to the highest be a squad leader. We're a TR outfit and would love to have you! if you have any questions, feel free to PM me or check out http://www.the-bwc.com

we do have an application and will ask you to put in a custom made sig for yourself and sign our guidelines.. but other than that we'd love to have you!

Captain Degrifter -- Black Widow Company

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Looking for Outfit