Did all PS1 players get into beta? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I have Pie. Do you have Pie?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2012-08-09, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
wormywyrm
Private

Did all PS1 players get into beta?

Did all PS1 players get into beta? Because I still have not but I preordered PS1 before it was released and have played it on and off since... I currently have a subscription. How many people got into beta?
Old 2012-08-09, 02:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Heaven
Master Sergeant

Re: Did all PS1 players get into beta?

Hey man I have played PS1 since 2003 got myself br25 cr5. I played on and off untill i blew my old pc up lol. But anyway I havnt recived a beta key :/ dont know if I am classed as a ''vet'' or not...
Old 2012-08-09, 02:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

If your account was "Active" as of Monday morning, you got in. If not, the next wave is Vets.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Comet
First Sergeant

I believe that you didn't get an actual email invite either if you were currently subscribing as of Monday and that your SOE account was simply flagged for beta. Try and download the client and see what happens.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
wormywyrm
Private

I looked at the link where it says 'congratulations soldier!' that I found in another thread on this forum, but when I click on download now it just tells me that "No need to sign up again, we've got your info!" Oh well hopefully I'll get invite soon.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
AThreatToYou
Major

Played PS1 for years. No invite. So no.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
wormywyrm
Private

I just tried to play PS1 but I cant even get the launcher to open in windows 8, even with compatibility mode. Hm
Old 2012-08-09, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by wormywyrm View Post
I just tried to play PS1 but I cant even get the launcher to open in windows 8, even with compatibility mode. Hm
Why in the hell would you put that cancer on your computer?
Old 2012-08-09, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
AThreatToYou
Major

cant even get the launcher to open in windows 8, even with compatibility mode.
cant even get the launcher to open in windows 8
windows 8
4chars
Old 2012-08-09, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
wormywyrm
Private

I'm not going to get into a back and forth or go into details about it because its off topic, but shortly: The start screen works exactly the same as the old start menu except it takes up the whole screen and is GREAT for tablets. More importantly for my PC: Windows 8 has some undeniable excellent improvements that have been overshadowed by the new start screen.

It is probably bad for SOE and is very obviously bad for companies like valve (steam) because the windows store does what SOE/Valve do: distributes games and makes downloading/playing them very simple.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

So in other words...it's bad for everyone except Microsoft. Unless they are making a new Microsoft Flight Simulator, or Mechwarrior 2: 2012, then that's no help.

However, the Windows Store and the tablet-UI on a Dekstop are hardly the only issues.

Also this thread is unnecessary as this question has been answered 100 times in the last two days. So this is already more productive.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
AThreatToYou
Major

Originally Posted by Syphus View Post
Mechwarrior 2: 2012
I either hope or am glad that you realize MechWarrior Online is a massive piece of shit game and that MechWarrior 2 was freaking glorious. If you're into MechWarrior, you should familiarize yourself with this game and give it a try: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/ (small blurb, if you want to know more, PM or browse their forums... don't want to double-derail thread)

and on Windows 8, it is bad for pretty much everyone but Microsoft. A centralized app store ruins what makes PCs great. Remove it and then we can talk about the BS tablet interface and where it belongs.
Old 2012-08-09, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Syphus
Staff Sergeant

I know about Living Legends, I've heard so much about it. I suppose I should just buy Crysis already, it can't be much anymore.

Also on the subject of Windows 8, that means further GFWL integration, just the thought is enough to make me want to shoot myself.
Old 2012-08-09, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
RoninOni
Sergeant Major

It is probably bad for SOE and is very obviously bad for companies like valve (steam) because the windows store does what SOE/Valve do: distributes games and makes downloading/playing them very simple.
If I wanted a Mac, I'd buy one....

point of Windows is to NOT have that BS

If Microsoft doesn't remove this new 'feature' from their line, Windows 7 will be my LAST windows OS, and I will move to Linux where surely the devs will being to flock to flee the proprietary over controlled BS of the mega-corps

Last edited by RoninOni; 2012-08-09 at 03:13 PM.
Old 2012-08-09, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Lord Paladin
Corporal

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
I either hope or am glad that you realize MechWarrior Online is a massive piece of shit game and that MechWarrior 2 was freaking glorious. If you're into MechWarrior, you should familiarize yourself with this game and give it a try: http://www.mechlivinglegends.net/ (small blurb, if you want to know more, PM or browse their forums... don't want to double-derail thread)

and on Windows 8, it is bad for pretty much everyone but Microsoft. A centralized app store ruins what makes PCs great. Remove it and then we can talk about the BS tablet interface and where it belongs.
I think pretty much all game devs agree windows 8 is a terrible thing for PC gaming right now
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion