Official PS Wish List - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: May I salvage your earwax?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-05, 11:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
starrider
First Lieutenant

i like hacking gets me quick acess to everything but........come on do you think an advanced hacker now a days would just be quick at accessing stuff??? i wannt to screw wtih the enemys bases or something thats what a hacker is not an access man. and as far as i know the only advantage of being the squad that got the hack is that your commander gets more CEP than if you just fought for the base.

"The absence of war is not peace." - Harry S. Truman

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

When there is no enemy within, the enemies outside cannot hurt you - Unknown

Last edited by starrider; 2003-06-06 at 11:49 AM.
Old 2003-06-06, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Doppler
Contributor
Major

This may be the kettle calling the pot black but...

Starrider,

For the love of Pete please proof read! I normally dont get people on grammar spelling etc, but i had to read your post a couple times before i could sort of extrapalate what you were saying.

come on do you think an advanced hacker owa days would just be quick at accessing stuff???
What are you asking here, i'm at a loss i dont wanna guess.

Basicly as much as I like the concept of a hacker doing more (i have played a hacker myself quite a bit and enjoy the hell out of them) I must concede that they are already a well rounded skill, right now they provide as much bang for the buck as any non combat skill out there with the possible exception of AMS certification.

Spitfires are not all that great since they fixed their range bug, mines are good for some cheap entertainment but most adv engineers rarely have the luxury of waiting for them to generate exp for them. Boomers are good but they require handholding which most just dont have the patience for ( i know i dont)

In closing i dont mean to be ragging on you too bad but if your not happy with hacking perhaps some other combat certs whould be where your points are better spent. Hacking plus whatever vehicle certs you have means your never really without the abily to get your vehicle. Advanced hacking guarantees you access to gear anywhere, anytime. Yes it whould be nice to get more functionality to hacking but before they do that there's a whole list of other things that need to be nailed down first. Plus half the prohacking suggestions seem to amount to I WANT TO BE ABLE TO KILL WITH MY REK. Which isnt what was intended, just a thought.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-06-06, 09:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Domar
Private

My thoughts

I have a few thoughts.

1. Make mines so they can be burried when placed on dirt. Once the mine is activated it would attempt to dig itself partially into the ground, thus making it harder to spot and destroy by the enemy. This would mainly work on the ground. It would not be able to dig in on concrete slabs around bases and towers.

2. Make the motion detectors so they will show enemy on your radar map when they are within their range of influence. Maybe they are suppose to do that already, but I have see times where there were motion detectors set up and enemies running around with nothing on the map. This would also be another way to detect those pesky cloakers for those of us without the Darksight implant.

3. I've said this before during Beta and I will say it again. Make a hacker where he can hack enemy gun turrets. If he can hack into medical terminals, equipment terminals, and vehicles why can't he hack a simple gun turret? This gives him a use for the attacking force by letting him hack the gun turret so a friendly can jump in and turn it against the bases defenders. Of coarse the hack would only be temporary, say 30 seconds, just like with the terminals. Also make it so only the Advanced Hacker can do it.

4. How about setting up other terminals that control functions in a base like lighting and power to doors. These could then be hacked by Advanced hackers to disrupt these functions by turning lights off or opening or closing doors.

Just my .02 cents
Old 2003-06-06, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
starrider
First Lieutenant

id love to get other combat certs but theres only four there and another problem...lag is so bad on my comp thta almost all i can do without lagging for three minetes is hack stuff.

Qui desiderat pacem pr�paret bellum. - He who would desire peace should be prepared for war.

Old 2003-06-06, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Eeech

Originally posted by Doppler
Ok to all those who alsways seem to complain about hackers not having enough to do. TRY BEING A MEDIC OR AN ENGINEER.

So many people want hackers to be the end all tell all skill, I can understand this but since hackers really have the most important job in the game they really cant complain. Granted they could do more with hacking but I'd rather see them throw advanced medics a bone first (and this coming from a medic)
I don't think ayone wants it to be the "end all tell all skill", but just have some more uses for it, but the nature of the skill limits all other possibilities to be pretty damn useful.

Oh yes, you can be a medic and engineer in addition, this game does not use a class system.
Old 2003-06-06, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

1. Zones of control - small, hackable points far removed from bases (could be as simple as an antenna on a mountain, or something that looks like a junction box in the trees). Nothing big - no spawn points, defensive emplacements vehicle pads. They could lie along the lattice, or just surrounding bases. The zone, once captured, extends a SOI to that surrounding area. Basically, something to fight over outside bases.

2. Galaxy-sized landing pads - along with the upcoming rearm and repair (hopefully), maybe the air towers and bases could have one Galaxy pad. I'd just be happy with one flat landing spot off the ground.

3. Platoons. Please hurry, SOE.

4. Two new "continents" - on the chance occasion I'm looking up, I see moons. Wouldn't it be fun to fight over the moons too? It would give the devs a chance to play with variations of armor (spacesuit agile), vehicles (since your average tank would look silly up in space), physics (don't jump too far) and base designs. Aside from some minor redesigns, creating moon theaters would be straightforward.
Old 2003-06-06, 07:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Sarin
Private

Nice and contraversial for a first post :

Take out reavers and mozzies altogether and replace them with REAL planes. The closest game I see to PS is BF1942, and in BF1942 flying planes is actually fun, without even killing people.

With real planes we could see proper dogfights, and also it might make it harder for them damn reavers just to sit outside towers covering every exit.

Also:

I am quickly feeling myself getting bored of PS, which is really dissapointing since the idea of the game is so good. The game is missing that certain sense of satisfaction you get from other games when you kill people.

I would like to see a proper reward for capping bases, because XP doesnt really matter once you get to ~BR10. Maybe some advantage for holding more bases (ie if you hold 5 bases you get some advantage over the faction that has 3 bases on the same continent).

Something that would make it easier to hold a base once you get it so the game isn't just a cap base - lose base - cap base - lose base farce. Make it so that a base cannot be hacked if it was capped less than 10 minutes ago. The same should go for continents. All the work that goes into locking a continent and I get no satisfaction because i know that it will be unlocked within 5 minutes, and that it makes no change to the gameplay. A lattice system or similar for continents would be good.

I think the lattice needs to be slightly tweaked to make for better front-lines. We are still seeing that while a battle for a base or two is going on, a lone-wolf goes and hacks another base that is to the side etc.

Better feedback when shooting. When i shoot someone they dont even flinch! that really affects how you think you are doing in a battle because there is no feedback when you shot him. And the weapon sounds are mostly just plain weak. The cycler sounds like a peashooter and it's the best standard weapon. Sometimes i feel like im not damaging people and want to leg it!

Most of all i would just like to see more rewarding combat. When I make a kill in CS or BF1942 a smile comes to my face because i know it was skill that won (well sometimes a bit of luck ). Most of the deaths i experience in PS are being run-over by a vehicle/zerged/killed by someone as i spawn/killed by a reaver because they are all guarding every door on a tower.

The best fight i EVER had was a one on one. In the main entrance room of a base, me and another guy who seemed to have similar certs duked it out for half a minute and i won because i used my grenades well. But even if i had died i wouldnt have been frustrated because it was pure tactics, and i had <10hp when i killed him so it was a close call.

Now if they tweaked the weapons to make kills less based on what weapon you use/whether you are in a tank etc it would be great. Once again i refer to BF1942. The tanks in it are just effective in that game, but as infantry you never feel helpless because one well placed bazooka will take it out. And that takes skill and patience, not sitting in the air in a reaver and unloading ur entire ammo on it. In CS, there are guns that are better than others and therefore cost more. But someone with skill who has a pistol can still take out a beginner who has an M4. That makes the game so much better.

Anyways this post is getting long and boring so i will stop now and await the people telling me that im a stoopid noob .
Old 2003-06-06, 07:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
starrider
First Lieutenant

you know wat i think that too, my most rewarding combat experince was with a cloaker and i won not because i had darklight but because i had sense enough not to get close enough for him to swing his chain blade at me.

but also about base caps, when i sit through a base cap that took an hour and a half to get alf of that being lag i want to know that got somethng besides EXP out of it.

also even though this has been mentioned before we need to make bases more defenseible, how can the NC hold a tower from 4 squads all foucusing on that one tower and once we finally have it how come then when they retreat to a base it took 3 mins to get a hack???

Old 2003-06-06, 08:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Sarin
Private

True, at the moment I tend to gravitate towards towers because tower battles are just so much better. They last longer, tend to have more, and better fighting, and you don't have to hang around doing nothing for 15 minutes once it's been hacked.

Still, I want to see proper planes!!! These reaver things are so shit i mean, half the fun in BF1942 is using skill in tank battles and dogfights. How often do you see a proper battle between reavers that lasts more than 10 seconds (one reaver stops to shoot someone, the other rapes it from behind). And when i see a tank i just hide because doing anything else just gets me killed. Even AV maxes dont have a hope against tanks. You just run and hope it forgets about you (that's fun!).
Old 2003-06-06, 08:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
starrider
First Lieutenant

well a thousand years in the furte and planes probably will bbe like that. "and i havent seen a proper reaver battle but i have been in one better than what u put. you see i was headed away from the war and he was headed towards it i fired first stupidly useing my chaingun, he stoped fired back while i changed to rockets. we flew past eachother whle this happend . then i turned and he hadnt, so i shot him and hit twice but then lag hit and he got me down to almost no health. then we flew past eachother and this time i didnt turn fast enough and he got me.

also when i see a tank i run but not away, but to get to a plce where he wouldnt think i would be. for instance is was at a tower on the top floor trying to find a gun turret to use. the a prowler came around the bend and started pounding the guys comeing from the tower. knmowing that i wouldnt have any effect but to annoy him i shot at him with my puslar while the guy in the turret hit him with that. i really dont know how it happened but after about a clip and a half we had done it and we say TR running away fromt he tower and then it blew up nicely.

Old 2003-06-06, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Headrattle
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Deployable cameras for the Combat Engineers. You only need one, but that one would be cool as hell.

As a side note.

There are currently no Heavy Tanks in the game. The ones we have are listed as "Medium Tanks." And smoke said it wasn't a typo.

So I want Heavy Tanks!
Old 2003-06-06, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
FadeToBlack
Private

hmmm... i would like to see some sort of end game, give it a little more purpose. and on a different note, y r there no animals or civilians ANYWHERE? Is there some secret continent were everyone else is hiding. Id like to civilians just walking around a base, then run off screaming wen it gets attackd, just for somee added realism, and some animal life too.
Old 2003-06-07, 08:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Darken
Private

i got a brilliant idea, how about an rek slot like you have a knife slot. The big advantage of being infantry is the rek and i see no reason why they should have to waist pistol or inventory slots on it.
Old 2003-06-07, 09:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
Matri00
Corporal

Misc Info

i got some good ideas:
1) Make the local chat to be for all empires within the range of 70 meters
2) Make it so that u can hold 2 empire specific hand-guns
3) Make better explosions
4) Make the platoons up to 40 people (4 squads)
Old 2003-06-07, 11:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Drunken Chicken
Private

1. Increased damage and projectile speed for AA MAXs.

2. Slightly increase pulsar damage.

3. The ability to use the chaingun like a chaingun. If I wanted to use burst fire, I'll just use the cycler and save the 4 certs.

4. More frequent hot spot updates. I swear those things last for a solid 10 minutes after the fighting is done. I've dropped into bases that have 3 or 4 spots, only to find that the fighting is over.

5. Adv. Medic heal stations and better med gun efficency. An extra 25% health per "ammo" would be good. The heal stations would have to have a large interference range to prevent them from being spammed.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion