Omg I Fixed The Tr Vehicles!!!111 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: open 24 hours a day
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-15, 08:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Omg I Fixed The Tr Vehicles!!!111

Ok ok. I just had a crazy awesome idea to help out TR vehicles.

If there is only one gunner in the main gunner position(dual 120mm for Prowler, or thumper-thingy for Marauder), then that gunner can choose to toggle between the main gun or the secondary guns(which are 12mm I believe for both). The gunner chooses to fire and switch just like a Vanguard's gunner can.

If a second person climbs into the secondary gunning position, neither gunning position can fire for 4 seconds.

During that time, the main gunner loses the option to switch to the machine guns. If the main gunner had machine guns selected, he/she is switched to the main guns and the secondary option is removed from their ordnance selection.

Since you cannot fire during that 4 seconds, both guns reload while control is being rerouted to the secondary gunner position.

This will allow Prowlers to field only 2 people to remain effective and be able to defend itself against aircraft to a certain degree(they are 12mm after all). Also, it allows TR to keep the option open for added firepower by putting in a 3rd gunner, or the 3rd slot can be used for carrying an extra person.
Old 2004-03-15, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I don't like the idea of being able to switch between gunner seats adds a really unreal sort of feal to the game. I think in some games like UT2004 the idea is good but, in a slower paced game like Planetside the idea wouldn't work too well.
Old 2004-03-15, 09:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

You should be able to switch positions in vehicles while inside them, with a delay and having to be at a complete stop,

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-15, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

There is a reason you have to get out. Cause this game is supposed to be a little realistic and if you could do that then snipers would be unhappy. The only thing i wish you could do is deploy an ANT from inside of it.

Old 2004-03-15, 09:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Yeah... you should definately have to get out. ::Grips his Bolt Driver tightly::

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-03-15, 10:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

how does that fix vasty inferior vehicles/maxes?

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-03-16, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Ok, it wasn't that great of an idea. I was just really high on espresso that I needed to stay awake during work.

They aren't vastly inferior really. The Prowler just needs to be not as big(and not as ugly). The 150% crew requirement was really what I felt hurt it the most, though. Making it not a requirement, but kind of an "optional bonus" looks much better than its current state(and its easily doable).

The marauder is in a class of suckage. Sure, the enforcer is the best of the 3, but all 3 buggies have really crappy drawbacks.
Old 2004-03-16, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Erm.. look at real life military vehicles, they usually have a way to get from one place to another without leaving the vehicle.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-16, 01:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Being able to switch between gunning positions means no-one is going to bother picking up 2 gunners for the Prowler. If they do bother with two gunners, it makes a heck of a difference being able to attack two targets at once for example.

I just wish Prowler drivers would stop driving off without a second gunner (perhaps that needs a buff to the twin chainguns but I'm not sure that it does).
Old 2004-03-16, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Heavygain
Lieutenant Colonel

Just make the 100mm blast radius larger and make the 12mm 20mm.
Old 2004-03-16, 01:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

HAHA, Vanguard drivers drive off without a SINGLE gunner.

Who the HELL is gonna wait for a Terran 12mm gunner? It's retarded.

"Let's put this shit on hold so we can find a gunner for our pussy-assed 12mm turret!"

The Prowler, along with most of the Terran arsenal, is pure ASS.

The devs just have no clue as to how badly balanced the game is.

A pity. I could kick their sorry asses into shape in two hours, and I'd even make them pay for the donuts and coffee.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-16, 02:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

The problem always used to be that the 12mms just didn't carry enough ammo, so you couldn't use them effectively unless you didn't mind sitting in a gunners seat for a gun that had no ammo while your friend on the 105s had plenty of ammunition left.

This isn't necessarily the case after the ammo balance pass.

Twin 20mms would be nice too
Old 2004-03-16, 03:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
JakeLogan
Major

Originally Posted by Lartnev
Twin 20mms would be nice too
Yeah but then all the NC would be bitching because the Van has 20mm and claim it is another "nerf" to the NC.
Old 2004-03-16, 03:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

The van also has a 150 MM cannon.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-16, 08:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

I've never understood why they don't just let yo control both if there is no tertiary gunner. It wouldn't unbalance anything and would fix the primary problem with the Prowler.

Doesn't, because they aren't. I'll give you slightly inferior depending on the circumstances, but "vastly" is an exaggeration.
Just make the 100mm blast radius larger and make the 12mm 20mm.
Slightly bigger splash makes sense, I agree. 20mm, assuming it was changed so that you *can't* have a third gunner I'd readily agree with. If it is left as is (which in all probability it will be), maybe, because you are sacfrificing a person to get the additional damage output. However it may allow the Prowler to dispatch things a little too quickly with the seperate gunners. I'd want to see extensive testing and comparisons before implementation but I don't *think* it would be too overpowering.

Terrans really underestimate the Prowler imo. It's a beast but it *can* get the job done, and without the machine gunner. Honestly though neither the 20mm and the 12mm can do anything the main gun can't do against anything but air and honestly they are both rather poor air defense against any competent pilot. Ideally you'd have a skyguard with you

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion