My review of PS - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: To reduce stress levels, stay out of the Political Debate Forum
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-06-04, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
TekDragon
Contributor

This aint even worth discussing with you people. Ill wait till the non-ass wipes get online and have a real discussion.

Nightwalker.. your entire review was based around defending the content despite the fact that its sub par. You even went so far as to insult other games that had more content. Your other reviews ranged anywhere from being completely off the topic to just insulting me.

As for the complaint about cone of fire, I love to meet the people who complain about cone of fire, these are obviously the people I frag on a consistent basis. Sorry for ruining your experience man, next time I will give you a head start before I gun you down. Maybe you should get with a squad and work as a "team".
Wow. Just... wow. You really are a moron, you know that? Not only did you go completely off topic from what i was stating in the review... you basically spent 90% of your post talking about what a newb i am and how you would whip my ass in the game.

According to you the only valid review of this game is a bad review, but you still play! Whose the fan boy? Someone who says they enjoy the game, or the idiot who constantly bitches, but continues to pay the monthly fee?
Again... your a moron. Theres no lighter way to put it. You belong in a special school for retarded children.

How is 6.5-7.0 a bad review? 7.0 is average. 6.5 is slightly below average. Do you honestly think this game is above average? Even if you did, why would you insist an average rating is "bad". Its NOT bad you jack-ass. Its... guess what? Average.

Why am i playing and paying the monthly fee? Well guess what? Im NOT paying a monthly fee, idiot. Neither are you. Why am i playing? Cause the game is average, its worth playing until the free month runs out or until i get bored with it. When either of these 2 things happen im simply returning it to my local EB and trading it in for another game.

Why did i right a review? Guess what? Its a god damn public board. If I feel like challenging the reviews ive seen then who the fuk are you to say i cant?
Old 2003-06-04, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Hamma
PSU Admin

I've also got news for you.

This is an FPS, what "content" are you looking for? Its about blowing shit up, like every FPS.

If you are looking for more, then go play EQ

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-04, 11:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
TekDragon
Contributor

Hamma. WTF? I thought you were an intellegent poster.

I posted this as a challenge to the 9.0, 9.5 "Best game ever" reviews. I think that not only are they lies, they dont help the community because it makes SOE complacent.

I challenged the reviews by making a logical review of my own which resulted in an "average" rating for PS.

I get flamed by some kids who think im bashing PS by a) being logical and realistic and b) not saying "PS is t3h pwn!"

Then you come on and tell me i shodnt be on PSU for giving an average review of PS and saying what it lacks and what I feel SOE has failed to deliver, while pointing out the parts of the game that are, indeed, good and above average?

Get a grip Hamma. You should be, at the least, telling those kids to stop being little priks and at the most defending me.
Old 2003-06-04, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Hamma
PSU Admin

So you can post your thoughts but I cant post mine?

my bad.

I think SOE delivered.

And I think they will continue to deliver.

Old 2003-06-04, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
NightWalker XI
Colonel

1. I wasn't aware 17 was still a kid...
2. No one said you should have said that PS rocks, no one has to have the same opinion, we are tired of your constant bashing, your on a fucking FANSITE, you know that word? it means everyone (except for you) likes the game!
3. You need to leave here soon
4. Not posting any bashing = people not flaming you

Everyone here IS intellegent, except for you that is.

Do you get the flow of things around here...F.A.N.S.I.T.E
Old 2003-06-04, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
gospadin
Private

Hell, why didnt they just hire someone from the Tribes team to help them think up some inspired weaponry?
I'm pretty sure they did have developers from the Tribes2 team...

--gos
Old 2003-06-04, 12:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
TekDragon
Contributor

I've also got news for you. This is an FPS, what "content" are you looking for? Its about blowing shit up, like every FPS.
Ive got news for you, Hamma. This is a massively multiplayer game.

What kind of content do i expect from a FPS game released AFTER the tribes series, AFTER the half life (and mod) series, AFTER the Quake series, AFTER the Unreal Tournament series, AFTER BF1942, and AFTER Sony's previous MMFPS 10six?

For a futuristic combat FPS with three seperate factions i expect the weapons to be inspired. For a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game I expect there to be more than a handful of weapons.

For a FPS game I expect the game to be above par with what other FPS have released. I expect body locations for shots. For a massively multiplayer game I expect the communication and interaction features to be above par. I expect there to be well thought out tools for organizing combat.

I could go on, but im basically rehashing what i wrote in my review. Im sorry your so god damn biased and devoted to the game that you cant take constructive critisism.

[Edit]

Nightwalker this is the last time i respond to you in this or any other thread. Go back and read your replies. All of them. Every other word in EVERY reply youve given to this thread has been a person flame against me for giving fair critisism to this game. Your immature and I dont see why Hamma is tolerating you. I expected this thread to provoke some thoughts on how SOE could fix some of the problems or, at the least, some discussion on why the reviewers are giving this game 9.0-9.5 reviews. Instead you have done your personal best to turn this thread into a flame war. Go back and read your posts and tell me im wrong. Again, im done talking to you. Get some maturity, then try posting somewhere else.

One last thing. Telling someone they dont belong on a fansite for saying the game is lacking in some categories is the height of being a fan boy. Im sorry you took my average review of PS as a personal attack against you. Maybe you should go outside and get some air.

Last edited by TekDragon; 2003-06-04 at 12:08 PM.
Old 2003-06-04, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
NightWalker XI
Colonel

This is not a fucking RPG you moron, go play EQ or some shit like that, I am happy blowing stuff up...LIKE ANY OTHER FPS!

The online beauty of it is that your killing people who can think and use tactics on you differently each time, unlike bots and crap like that.

This game is mainly about using tactics to kill people, taking bases are helping that, some defend in specific ways, etc

Its not about: You have reached BR 2 now you can use Firaga on TekDragon's ass, CAST SPELL!!! etc, etc
Old 2003-06-04, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Hamma
PSU Admin

Originally posted by TekDragon
For a FPS game I expect the game to be above par with what other FPS have released. I expect body locations for shots. For a massively multiplayer game I expect the communication and interaction features to be above par. I expect there to be well thought out tools for organizing combat.
as stated many times, this is impossible with current technology. That amount of people, with hit locations. We would be waiting for planetside until 2008

If this isnt the game for you go play the same CS map over, and over. hehe

I dont know what you expect from a fansite, other than positive thoughts about the game. The majority of people here like it. So you are going to get allot of people upset when you come in flaming it

Old 2003-06-04, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
TekDragon
Contributor

This is not a fucking RPG you moron, go play EQ or some shit like that, I am happy blowing stuff up...LIKE ANY OTHER FPS!

The online beauty of it is that your killing people who can think and use tactics on you differently each time, unlike bots and crap like that.

This game is mainly about using tactics to kill people, taking bases are helping that, some defend in specific ways, etc

Its not about: You have reached BR 2 now you can use Firaga on TekDragon's ass, CAST SPELL!!! etc, etc

Man, your really getting desperate there Night. What other crap are you gonna make up next?

Where the hell did i say this was an RPG? Where the hell did i compare it to an RPG? Where the hell did you get the whole cast spell thing?

As i recall i said i thought it was BAD that they took out all the twitch fighting and skill. How the HELL does that equal me comparing this to an RPG?

Your a fukin idiot. Period. Its not a flame. Its a fact.
Old 2003-06-04, 12:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Hamma
PSU Admin

And if I didnt want you to post a negative review, I would have deleted it when i opened it people are entitled to think what they want to. You are just looking for trouble posting this here

Old 2003-06-04, 12:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Seer
Major

Hamma, I think TekDragon is here because he wants to like the game.
Old 2003-06-04, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
TekDragon
Contributor

Hamma, glad youve taken a step back into the world of logic.

Do you really think it would be impossible for them to implement even basic, rudimentary hit locations? Even something as simple as head shots vs body shots? With some effort by the developers i think it could be done, easily.

Personally, i believe they didnt want to bother trying. Just like MANY other aspects of the game, its uninspired.

One last question for you Hamma. Id really like you to answer it.

Were paying 13$ a month to pay the coders and pay for the servers. 13$ a month, the same as MMRPGs which have NPCs, millions of items, economies, AI scripting, equal or better graphics, and many other things.

Do you really believe that for 13$ a month all we should get are a handful of weapons/vehicles, 5 bases, and sub par fight mechanics?
Old 2003-06-04, 12:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
NightWalker XI
Colonel

I was using an example...sheesh

Ok, you want more weapons, more deph, more this, more that, you are asking for so much, the game has only been out for a couple weeks for crying out loud.

This game fits into its own class, isntead of being set a path to follow you do whatever you want, you kill whichever way you want, etc

And good that you won't reply, do em a favour and don't post at all.

Go and make a game and implement all those things that you want plus do it on a specific timespan (yes they did have a limited amount of time to do it)

Its not easy you know and you and the guys on the OF bashign the devs doesn't help
Old 2003-06-04, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
NightWalker XI
Colonel

And I do believe this game is worth the money I'm paying for it and why the hell are you complaining about money when you are not even paying for it yet, I bet before free month is over new stuff will be implemented.

I don't understand why people are complaining about $13 a month when they don't even pay for it yet.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion