3 way battles - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I love the way you tickle my feet.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-04-22, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
That one noob
Sergeant

Re: 3 way battles

Originally Posted by Jamini View Post
As a longtime NC player I'd like to point out, at least on emerald, that the TR were much more likely to fight us in a straight-up fight than the VS. The VS-Emerald players tended to prefer backhacking and harassing over outright invasions unless they had a three-to-one advantage or more. At least, that how it was in my experience.
That was the fun thing about being VS in Emerald, instigating wars in a random cont as an infil, then being chased around a base by a Darklight-using MAX until the troops started pouring in for whatever reason. I remember starting a war in both Forestal and Hossin doing this tactic, and we took both for 2 days before losing them.

Good times.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
headcrab13
Second Lieutenant

There's nothing like being in a near-stalemate with another faction when suddenly the third faction shows up and just starts wrecking your enemies. Or even better, when you're holding a tower against the onslaught of both enemy empires.

It's one of the many unique things about Planetside that make it truly great.
Old 2012-04-22, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Mastachief
Contributor
Major

With every part of the map open to attack it will be manic in the early days of beta until groups/alliances form and command structure builds.

It is reasonable tactic to say NC gal drop a VS hack on a TR base to help the TR resecure as to then delay the VS in their progress to another base/continent that the nc are not ready for yet, tactics don't always have to follow the zerg mentality.

Average play time of 2.0hours per day and falling. Need metagame / Continents.
Old 2012-04-24, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Artimus
Master Sergeant

Are you going to be able to cont. hop via warpgate? (connecting conts. with warpgate links) Or is it strictly were you own territory?
Old 2012-04-24, 08:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Vanir
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Artimus View Post
Are you going to be able to cont. hop via warpgate? (connecting conts. with warpgate links) Or is it strictly were you own territory?
The cont's will be connected and you can use the warpgate to get to any of them.

This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-04-25, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Originally Posted by XPquant View Post
Back in the original planetside the VS was the defacto third wheel. Seems like everytime we got a good battle going with the NC the VS would come in for the DP. I don't think that's going to change.
I saw a lot of "I dont' want to fight VS" in command chat back in the day.

That was generally because NC and TR, when given the choice, preferred to fight each other rather than the frustrating bullshit that was the VS. Dealing with jumping AA MAX, sniping magriders, and lasher hallway spam wasn't particularly fun.
Old 2012-04-25, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

People will be drawn to combat like moths to a flame, not to mention that the new Instant Action will do exactly that, but if there is a fight on a cont it is easier to take a part of it that no one is fighting over and get your own foothold, rather than invade a locked contenant and risk drawing the undevided attention of the controling empire to quickly shut you out.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion