quit caring - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Hamma sees all.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-20, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
Saethan
Corporal

Given up hope?

Jesus christ(approiate seeing how its easter)..

Have you EVER had anything shipped by USPS before?

Also all they said they shipped on monday was the 'bulk' of them. Not 'all' of them, just the bulk. They DID say that if you got your address in by the end of last week, you WOULD receive your CD's.

[edited in]

Anybody ever think just maybe they didn't _want_ every single tester to get the CDs at the same time?

Last edited by Saethan; 2003-04-20 at 01:59 PM.
Old 2003-04-20, 02:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
Vimp
Sergeant

Here here.

Edit: This was to Havok's post.
Old 2003-04-20, 02:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
havok
Private

Originally posted by ZonemaN
oh and hey how abaout this, you and all ppl that want to complain they did not get their cd`s on the forum.....dont! i mean who the fuck cares. but then you hawe the freedom of speach right oh and so do we (the ppl that dont like these posts).
im a little confused here your telling me not to post then your telling me i have freedom of speach so i should post which one?

i said in my post above that one btw "if you feel the need to post here saying nonsense thats cool" because i realize some people who have there beta cds like to come here and let others know that i never once told anyone not to reply here or to even like my post(s) i just said if they dont like them theres a cool thing to do called move on feel free to flame me on the way out just dont be suprised if i respond to it being as i dont have ps to play and im incredibly bored
Old 2003-04-20, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
havok
Private

Originally posted by Saethan
Given up hope?

Jesus christ(approiate seeing how its easter)..

Have you EVER had anything shipped by USPS before?

Also all they said they shipped on monday was the 'bulk' of them. Not 'all' of them, just the bulk. They DID say that if you got your address in by the end of last week, you WOULD receive your CD's.

[edited in]

Anybody ever think just maybe they didn't _want_ every single tester to get the CDs at the same time?
oh and to reply to your post saethan

1st part im not a christian so easter doesnt inspire me to eat alot of choclate and boil and color eggs nor feel a resounding sense of hope

2nd yes ive had plenty shipped by usps and i do know there slow hence the term snail mail. im more upset that even with the slow factor of the usps factored into the equation they still shouldve arrived from being shipped last friday which it turned out they werent

3rd and i realize they said bulk but they said that before and it didnt happen and in truth the thought had never occured to me that they might not have wanted everyone to get there disks at the same time since they said they were sending eastcoasts on last friday and westcoasts on last saturday to try and have everyone get them at apprx the same time.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
Zarparchior
Dragoon Admiral

To the unchosen ones:

Originally posted by Zarparchior
I'm getting pretty sick and tired of all the people whining about the Open Beta testers whining about not getting their CDs!

If you're complaining, you're either a) already playing Beta, so STFU you lucky SoB - you have NO room to talk, or b) you're not in Open Beta. If the latter is so, my deepest sympathies. Really. But us Open Beta testers were told about 2 weeks ago that our Beta CDs were sent out and we should recieve them within 3 days...

Hmmm... Let's see... I've been sitting on pins and needles for about 2 weeks now. My family and friends can barely tolerate being in the same room as me because I can think of nothing else other than the Beta CD. I've called home from work incesantly inquiring as whether the Beta Faerie has visited our happy household. Nope. Nah. Nadda. Nothing.

For people still having trouble grasping our dilema, let me make an analogy:

A man in a lab coat wearing steel rimmed glasses kidnaps two kids to experiment on. He tortures them both with unthinkably twisted tortures. He then promises them freedom and every pleasure imaginable if they endure it for 1 month longer. So the torture continues and the days pass by. On one of the days the man comes by again and says that the kid that looks smarter (Kid A) will be released to the promised heaven in only 3 days, while the dumber looking kid (Kid B) will still have to wait the previously allotted time. So Kid B, crestfallen, can do nothing else but wait and endure. Kid A, also having to endure, can only imagine the pleasures that await him in, now, only 1 more day! And then nothing happens... Kid A thinks he must have miscounted or something, so they wait another day. Nothing. It isn't until the very next day that the man in the lab coat walks in and apologises by saying that they had meant to free him, but that he'd have to wait longer now - another 3 days. He bitterly turns it over in his mind and realizes he really just need to nod and smile. After all, he's getting out earlier than that dumber looking kid, right? So, to make a long and dramatic story short, it does not come in those 3 days. During that time, Kid A could do nothing but think about what awaits him. He could only talk about how cool it is going to be in just a few more days! Obviously, Kid B did not appreciate that, but knew that he could do nothing to change the mind of the man in the lab coat. Finally, the man comes by again and the smarter looking kid asks why he has not been freed yet. The man adjusts his glasses and looks him over. He tells Kid A that they sent his release papers in through the mail, and that the proper department should have recieved them by now and he should be released. He then shrugs, and explains that it's tax season right now and that the mail is probably being bogged down. So it could be, oh, another 3 days... Kid A then goes crazy and starts foaming at the mouth. He refuses to talk normally and throws poo at anyone who acknowledges him from this point forward. Kid B, surprized at these turn of events, wonders what pushed the smarter looking kid over the edge... He'd ponder it more deeply if he could, but he can't. After all, he isn't the smarter looking kid...

And that, my friends, can explain the Open Beta tester's mental state of being for those who have not recieved their Beta CDs yet. You may think the story ends too soon, but guess where we are now?! That's right! Just where the story ends! It's irrelevant if we eventually get the CDs, because most of you will eventually get the retail. So for the moment, we are worse off then you. Kindly be quiet and lent us vent our angst.
Old 2003-04-20, 03:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
havok
Private

now that is a damn good analogy
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion