Voice Comm Concern - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: If everybody was a ho, there would be no pimps
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-20, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rogue
Corporal

Voice Comm Concern

I realize that the VoiceIP communication will (hopefully) help with teamwork, but I'm a bit concerned about the idiots that we are bound to encounter. Every other game I've played with voice comm, there is always someone that goes beyond the trash talk into hateful, racist and sexist remarks. Will we be able to mute certain players or turn off VoiceIP? (I'm fairly sure we will be able to turn it off, but muting a certain player would be a nice feature too)
Old 2003-04-20, 07:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sputty
Banned

I'll be sticking to my TS server.
Old 2003-04-20, 07:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Freiza
Private

its my understanding that voice talk is only in squads so u boot him out if hes an idiot
Old 2003-04-20, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
stahl
Private

exactly. idiots shouldn't be a problem. you can easily leave a squad full of immature people and you can easily kick them if you're squad leader.

while it's not a perfect idiot filter, i think (hope) the monthly fee will scare away the real nutcases.

to me though, it seems the built-in voice comm will have a few advantages over teamspeak (which we're currently using, too).

with other games you generally have a few players, of which most are probably in your clan/guild/tribe if you're playing on your own server.

in planetside, you constantly meet new people, and while im sure that a lot of them will have "their spot" where they hang out, it's certainly much easier for them to be able to join your squad and have voice comm available, rather than having to explain to them what teamspeak is, where to get it, how to install it, what the ip is -- all while being in-game, slowing down the pace of the game.

of course the downside is that you can't tell anybody that PS just CTD'd, although that's something that will hopefully not occur anymore once the game goes live (then again, there's always someone with the weirdest hardware who will complain about it).

so really, i'm hoping the in-game voice comm will be easy to use, stable and good quality. considering that it's based on teamsound, it should be.
Old 2003-04-20, 09:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Irnbru
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Originally posted by stahl

while it's not a perfect idiot filter, i think (hope) the monthly fee will scare away the real nutcases.

you didnt play DAoC did you?

Old 2003-04-20, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Cyanide
Major

All the monthly fee does is scare away the poor idiots. The rich spoiled idiots are still gonna be there. You just keep them out of your squad and don't stay in squads with stupid people. Most of the people on this forum are reasonably mature, and most of them will probably play this game frequently, so there will be plenty of good people to play with. You just have find them amoung the crowds of ignorant 13 year olds.
Old 2003-04-20, 12:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Zylos
Sergeant

God bless the mute button .

Dance slave, dance!

Old 2003-04-20, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Squick
Major

My fear is what happens when the idiots become high level commanders? Then they can direct voice chat to people!

There will almost certainly be an /ignore function to cut off voice and text chat from someone.
Old 2003-04-20, 01:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Silo5
Corporal

the idea of annoying little kids everywhere....(my worst nightmare)
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion