Engineer - If you like infiltration.. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Press refresh again and get a special prize.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-20, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Baphomet
Corporal

Engineer - If you like infiltration..

Woo. Ok. So after they put up this second server last night (BLESS THEM) i've been playing pretty much non-stop. After not hearing a whole lot about the engineer, and having an interest in the more specialized of the roles in PlanetSide, I gave it a whirl. While i'm not going to even explain my experiences (i'd rather go play more), im just going to say that theres nothing quite like maintaining a 10 turret spitfire defensive array around a tower during an attack.
Old 2003-04-20, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Sounds fearsome, for the attackers
Old 2003-04-20, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghoran Skarr
Private

do you get exp for the kills the spitfires make?
Old 2003-04-20, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Elian
Private

I think Ghoran- that if ur within a certain radius of the turret, it will give u the experiances for the kills.
Old 2003-04-20, 01:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
BigTony
Private

No u can die, and ur turrets kill them u get the xp even tho ur dead. so basically u anywhere, they kill someone, u get xp.

But the turrets usually dont last long to anything. easy for pretty much anything but an infiltrator to take out. My best use for them is cloak your way into the middle of a group of guys sit one down, and run like hell. Got 10 kills from one turret once it was sweet. Also u can go into towers or facilities, plant remote mines on the terminals and step back and BOOM no more terminal and who ever was using it will prob be dead. Also if u time it, u can put one down infront of a vanguard charging out and BOOM the top literally flies off the tank. Great anti max weapon too, u run from the max around a corner, set the mine, run back, when the max is on it, BOOM bye bye max, got 6 of those last night.

Anyway, when all else fails, just go mine happy and place them all around ur base and watch the sparks fly. Also having a AMS cert helps too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion