Light Assault Ammo Drop - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than late night television
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-03-07, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
ThGlump
Captain

Re: Light Assault Ammo Drop

Originally Posted by Pozidriv View Post
I don't mind ammo drops, but it did feel odd that L.Assault had it. Engineer does seems like a better candidate for it or H.Assault.
Well looks like they had only 2 classes implemented for that demo (+maybe medic as there was ressing if it wanst used by light assault). Light assault and cloaker. So its possible that ammo drops will be another class in the end and was given to light assault just for demo.
Old 2012-03-07, 02:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
DayOne
Captain

Originally Posted by ThGlump View Post
Well looks like they had only 2 classes implemented for that demo (+maybe medic as there was ressing if it wanst used by light assault). Light assault and cloaker. So its possible that ammo drops will be another class in the end and was given to light assault just for demo.
We did see some TR HA so i assume HA are done.
Old 2012-03-07, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Sifer2
Major

It seriously seems like they are grasping at straws to make Light Assault useful or something. First Smoke Grenades and now Ammo Kits too? Neither has a compelling reason to be exclusive to that class. And its probably because the class isn't very good. In the video's the jump jets didn't do much. He got on a roof top. But funny thing is guns can still shoot you on roofs. So he was still just a less armored target, and died quick.

As for ammo kits themselves i'm not entirely against the mechanic. Though its definitely dumbed down to have the magic box that replenishes all types of ammo. I don't care if its a box of nanites or whatever excuse there is. But I don't think it should be limited to one class. I would rather it go into a list of extra equipment you can use at the expense of not having something else. Like a Medkit, Hack tool, Smoke, etc. I just want more of that old customizable inventory feel back.
Old 2012-03-07, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Shogun
Contributor
General

maybe someone with twitter ask higby, if the ammobox we saw was a consumable item? like an alternative to c4 or a grenade?
and if engineers maybe get something that works similar but doesn´t eat ressources as its not consumable?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-03-07, 04:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Brusi
Contributor
Major

I would prefer if dropped ammo packs deducted some ammo from yourself and there was a class that started off with a shit-tonne of ammo.

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-07, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
SKYeXile
Major General

yea, i dont like it, i think it would be better if the engineer dropped an ammo dispenser like TF2...you know...as the support role and all.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-03-07, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Brusi
Contributor
Major

Or heavy assault could donate some ammo...

Or MAX could take supply crate instead of a weapon...

Or um... anything except for infinite ammo boxes dropped infinitely from perhaps one of the most played classes?

”You can have hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players fighting against hundreds of players in these massive cluster-fuck battles

Matt Higby on the scope of Planetside 2
Old 2012-03-07, 04:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
Bags
Lieutenant General

My only complaint is that the light assault has this and not another class such as heavy assault or engineer.
Old 2012-03-07, 04:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Bags
Lieutenant General

Okay, I just asked higby why another class such as HA or Engineer doesn't have it, and he said

@BagOfChips We're still messing with it, it very well may go on Heavy Assault.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
dsi
Staff Sergeant

So where did he get the ammo from and why didn't he just put it directly into his gun instead of tossing it on the ground first like an idiot?

This kind of bullshit is why we need a free inventory system, load up with spare ammo & either use it yourself or share with others using a totally ground breaking "drop thing and pick up thing" system.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
Shade Millith
First Sergeant

It's Battlefield copy paste, and it's a poor one.

Ammo needs to be limited. None of this stupid 'Outta ammo? I have unlimited!"

Again, this is just another removal of meaning.

Whats the point of staying alive if you can be rezed instantly?
What's the point of conserving ammo if there's an unlimited supply of it right next to you?

I'm sick of them making games easier for lazy people. Dying and resupply should mean something, at least more than an instantly, easy solution.

Last edited by Shade Millith; 2012-03-07 at 05:51 PM.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Synapses
Sergeant Major

Would you guys PLEASE stop judging until you get in game and get a chance to test it out. Your being judging something you saw for a whole whopping 15 seconds out of 30 minutes... Sheesh.

Give it a chance, if its not widely not like by the player base in beta, it will probably change or go away.
Old 2012-03-07, 05:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Zulthus
Colonel

Originally Posted by Shade Millith View Post
It's Battlefield copy paste, and it's a poor one.

Ammo needs to be limited. None of this stupid 'Outta ammo? I have unlimited!"

Again, this is just another removal of meaning.

Whats the point of staying alive if you can be rezed instantly?
What's the point of conserving ammo if there's an unlimited supply of it right next to you?

I'm sick of them making games easier for lazy people. Dying and resupply should mean something, at least more than an instantly, easy solution.
Exactly this... I got bored of BF quickly because nothing had any meaning. You respawned in 3 seconds, you had unlimited ammo***, regenerating health/vehicles, very stupid spotting system, etc etc etc. If you want that bullshit I'd say you should just go play BF3.

***Yes, you did, there was NEVER an instance when there weren't six ammo boxes laying around.
Old 2012-03-07, 06:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
sylphaen
Lieutenant Colonel

Vanu says:
Make them bend and pick up the ammo themselves from the f***ing box !

Last edited by sylphaen; 2012-03-07 at 06:10 PM.
Old 2012-04-09, 07:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Marinealver
Sergeant Major

TOTTALY AGAINST IT At least for the light assault class. I mean it is bad enough it can jump to out of reach places. Now you give it the ability to camp?!?
Light assault is made for mobility. Therfore a light assault player need to be "mobile" to be sucessfull. Low/Out of ammo? the light assault guy is the fastest class to fall back, grab some more, and return to the front while the rest of the footslogers are simply trapped.

If anyone should get the ammo drop it should be either the Heavy Assault or the Engineer with a Ammo dispensor.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion