Sniping Question - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Nah, Standard Armor is fine. -Famous Last Words.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-03-22, 12:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Sniping Question

Hey i dont remeber reading anywhere how sniping will work excactly. Will when you zoom in the scope move around and make it hard to aim(DOD, Return To Castle Wolfinstien) ir will it be like CS where you sit there and you cna hold the gun perfectly still because your that damn good and snipe pretty easily?

I dont like the fact that alot of games make sniping to easy becasue it isnt in real life. Not that i would know but im just guessing that no sniper in the world can hold a gun perfectly still when looking in the scope.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

When you say hard to aim, do you mean the breathing effect they had in Splinter Cell? Something like that won't be in there, BUT there's the cof that expands when moving/firing the gun.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
verser
Private

Im thinking that PS will make sniping difficult so there wont be too many snipers in the game. Battlefield 1942 snipering is easy, so there are too many snipers in BF1942 at times , making the game less enjoyable.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

i guess i mean the breathing effect where the your scope is kinda swaying up down left right. Well i think that this should be put in later to make it so it isnt easy to snipe. I dont wanna see every hilltop filled with lone snipers. Adn the COF doesnt effect a sniper that much becasue it is one shot at a time usally crouching so their COF should almost always be small. The breathing effect or whatever is much more realistic
Old 2003-03-22, 12:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

I don't think there is any need for a breathing effect, as the COF will keep any sniper from quickly moving their reticule to choose another target. They will have to move nice and slow if they wanna be able to shoot them.

Last edited by Fire_Monkey; 2003-03-22 at 12:59 AM.
Old 2003-03-22, 12:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

You dont think a sniper needs a scope?? What do you mean?
Old 2003-03-22, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Fire_Monkey
Lieutenant Colonel

oops hehe I mean Breathing effect, my bad
Old 2003-03-22, 01:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Duffman
Contributor
First Lieutenant

lol ok i was scared for a second there i was like OMFG what a nub but i knew you werent so hahahhahaha
Old 2003-03-22, 01:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Gerico
Corporal

Snatch, in PS the sniper rifle is not the 1 hit wonder, it will take skill to use and it doesn't have a huge variety of targets.

Old 2003-03-22, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
simba
Major

Originally posted by Gerico
Snatch, in PS the sniper rifle is not the 1 hit wonder, it will take skill to use and it doesn't have a huge variety of targets.
accually tha SR has 1 hit targets, standard, infiltration and MAYBE agile has 1 hits.
Old 2003-03-22, 02:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
mat
Private

this will be my only post on a forum ever for this site......i want to say...u need ot read more about this game.....sniping is NOT a one hit kill unless u wearing the weak armors....two....there is no hit zones...a shot in the face is the same as a shot in the toe...two....there is no need for a breathign effect on sniping because itll take a while to reaload the gun..its single shot only...there is also the time u need to wait for hte "bolt" the gun fires to reach its target.....as for the crosshairs getting wider...that will only effect people using the magnification on that terran rifle or with the implant....there will be no movement there either because its ur actual eyes not the gun ur zomming with...and if ur an all aout sniper...ull be using this implant also....so no...there is no breathign effect....another thing...last time i checked...it wasnt that easy to snipe in battle feild 1942 ...there is a breathing effect...and he bullet fires very slow for a sniper rifle.....
Old 2003-03-22, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
RCB_Ghost
Staff Sergeant

First...... If there is a CoF on the Bolt Driver, it won't effect snipers. Just n00bs running around with it. You see, snipers don't move usually when sniping. So the CoF won't effect them there.

Now yes, the CoF will effect the gun when firing, but everyone here seems to forget, the Bolt Driver takes 2 - 3 secs to reload (from the one video i've seen). So if there is a CoF when the sniper takes a shot, by the time it's reloaded, the CoF will be back to normal.
Thank you.
Old 2003-03-22, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kalam
Corporal

You will have to hold the boltdriver perfectly still and waiting for you target to run through the crosshair.
As soon as you move your weapon the COF will open wide.
Also afaik you have to crouch and zoom or the COF will always stay a bit open.

It was yet shown that a light looses 75% health when hit and the two weaker armors are killed by one shot.
Old 2003-03-22, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Destroyeron
Troll x2

Originally posted by mat
this will be my only post on a forum ever for this site......i want to say...u need ot read more about this game.....sniping is NOT a one hit kill unless u wearing the weak armors....two....there is no hit zones...a shot in the face is the same as a shot in the toe...two....there is no need for a breathign effect on sniping because itll take a while to reaload the gun..its single shot only...there is also the time u need to wait for hte "bolt" the gun fires to reach its target.....as for the crosshairs getting wider...that will only effect people using the magnification on that terran rifle or with the implant....there will be no movement there either because its ur actual eyes not the gun ur zomming with...and if ur an all aout sniper...ull be using this implant also....so no...there is no breathign effect....another thing...last time i checked...it wasnt that easy to snipe in battle feild 1942 ...there is a breathing effect...and he bullet fires very slow for a sniper rifle.....

First of all, you used two two times, second of all, only 1 period is needed.
Old 2003-03-22, 09:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Gerico
Corporal

Originally posted by simba
accually tha SR has 1 hit targets, standard, infiltration and MAYBE agile has 1 hits.
I know that, but I was merely stating that it isnt the awp from CS and does take skill to use, how many people are going to be wearing standard? How about the agile? most people will wear agile in vehicles and as for infil, you have to see them to shoot them.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion