What do you think of the new aircraft ejection method? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Wait, wait, you have to actually "aim" in this game?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-11-16, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

What do you think of the new aircraft ejection method?

For the slow, it was on the test server today: as your vehicle gets more damaged, there is less of a chance of a successful bail sequence.

I think it's crap, as 2/3 times when I needed to eject, the vehicle locked up and didn't let me, citing the error. It's not realistic and it kills gameplay.

This is just another fix to a problem that nobody is having.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-11-17, 12:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

The times I would fly, I hated the fact that I'd rarely get air-to-air kills, as the enemy would eject before their vehicle was destroyed almost every time. The few times I would get kills are because either the individual died too fast to bail (or simply reacted to their impending death too slowly), or because they bailed by I nailed their aircraft in the air and its explosion killed the ejecting pilot.

On the ground, I also hate spending a clip of striker missiles only to see the guy I'm shooting bail out. Although I'm happy that it's one less reaver or mosquito to worry about, I would have liked to kill the guy, as he's still a threat (the pilot is almost definitely in agille HA grunt loadout).

So, really, I think this change is a long time coming. Pilots will have to grasp the "being hurt badly -> death" system that every other occupation in the game is used to, but once that happens it'll be better for everyone.
Old 2004-11-17, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Doesn't real affect me much

Even though I have air vehicles on nearly all my characters.
Old 2004-11-17, 12:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MadMerco
Private

the change is better than axing bailing all together. However I still think it is a little stupid. anti-air weapons are made to take out planes and they do that just fine. If a pilot knows the right time to bail he should be able to get away, if you bail at the wrong milisecond and you die.
Old 2004-11-17, 02:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I think they should not let you bail period until your aircraft is out of control, cept Galaxies of course.

I have shot down the 'best' pilots time and time again on my Reaver whore alts, and they usually get away so I have no proof. Bailing is cheap.

Old 2004-11-17, 03:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
I think they should not let you bail period until your aircraft is out of control, cept Galaxies of course.
But then the majority of players in Planetside who have air cav or mosquito and HA and use the aircraft to ferry themselves to the top of a tower to killwhore with their HA weapons will be pissed. And as that tactic is just incredibly played out and annoying rather than overly effective, there's not much reason to get rid of it as it will make a lot of people unhappy while not making many people happy.
Old 2004-11-17, 07:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
mechaman
Sergeant Major

I haven't tryed it yet but I'm sure I'm not going to like it since I usually will bail on the towers after I take some damage
Old 2004-11-17, 07:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Warborn
But then the majority of players in Planetside who have air cav or mosquito and HA and use the aircraft to ferry themselves to the top of a tower to killwhore with their HA weapons will be pissed. And as that tactic is just incredibly played out and annoying rather than overly effective, there's not much reason to get rid of it as it will make a lot of people unhappy while not making many people happy.
So bloody what? They can get a Harasser, I don't see why PS should cater to laziness in excess.

Old 2004-11-17, 09:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Kam
Major

I wish you could bail out of ground vehs, I hate when I know I'm going to die and it says, "moving to fast to exit vehicle."
Old 2004-11-17, 10:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Sobekeus
So bloody what? They can get a Harasser, I don't see why PS should cater to laziness in excess.
It's not about laziness, it's about what strategy they can use to get as many kills as possible without needing to rely on other people. If the reaver/mosquito were made less combat worthy against ground targets and bailing were removed from them, Planetside would lose about 90% of its playerbase.

Originally Posted by Kam
I wish you could bail out of ground vehs, I hate when I know I'm going to die and it says, "moving to fast to exit vehicle."
You can. That was added along with the air vehicle bailing change.
Old 2004-11-17, 11:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Kam
Major

Is that in the game or the test server?
Old 2004-11-17, 11:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

I think the new aircraft ejaculation method rox!

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2004-11-17, 01:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Kam
Is that in the game or the test server?
Ground vehicle bailing and more risky aircraft bailing are on test right now.
Old 2004-11-17, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
KeviN
First Sergeant

Good change. Although I (being a bailure) don't really like it, it will definately encourage more skyguards and AA MAXes in battles, and should help to weaken the current domination air units have on battles. And, as for bailing from crashing ground vehicles, thank God, I've only been waiting for that for a year.
Old 2004-11-17, 04:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
6thEdition
Ejaculator

I really don't think this idea is good. Things are bad enough as it is with enemy AA fire. It's like you have 2 seconds from when you read "Missile Lock" to bail before you are destroyed by nme. Having these new bailing conditions will be like putting someone in a standard exosuit, no weapons, blind folded in a room with a rexo HA nc!!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion