News: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Test - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: this part is prickly, dont touch
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-04-09, 09:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Test

Hey all -

Tomorrow at 5pm PDT, and for the rest of the week, we will be doing some focus testing of new battle flow mechanics on the Public Test Server. We need your help to make this new feature work. We have to be able to test these changes with a high server population, and so far, despite the overwhelming community demands for a public test server, we've only had about 200 people at a time come on to PT to help. If you can, please come help us tomorrow, and every day this week. I know this time isn't ideal for everyone on the planet, what with time zones and all that jazz, and I'd love to have people on other regions organize playtests too (we will still be able to use that data), but 5pm PDT is when we will be actively on server and focused on watching how the changes are working.
We literally can not progress in developing and deploying this feature without your support.

Thank you!

For more information about how to access the Public Test server, check here: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...active.114080/

Public Test official forums:
Announcements: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...ouncements.69/

Discussion: http://forums.station.sony.com/ps2/i...discussion.70/
Old 2013-04-09, 09:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Crator
Major General

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

Sounds good. Downloading now.
Old 2013-04-09, 09:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Hamma
PSU Admin

Re: We need your help: This week at 5pm PDT we are having a focus tests on Public Te

Haven't had a chance to do anything but look at it yet. I'll definitely try and get on tomorrow night to see how it is!

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-04-09, 09:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Mordelicius
Major

Tried yesterday but we're just capping empty bases so I just left

My first suggestion is disable the Alert system on the live servers during test times so they don't "miss out" on something while testing.
Old 2013-04-09, 10:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
bpostal
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mordelicius View Post
Tried yesterday but we're just capping empty bases so I just left

My first suggestion is disable the Alert system on the live servers during test times so they don't "miss out" on something while testing.
That's about what I got out of it today. Bit of ghost capping and about the emptiest Crown fight I've been in. I guess now I know what it's like to play on a low pop server.
Here's to hoping we get a few more in the future, especially the weekends!

Also, I noticed today that there was an alert on Amerish when testing started that was canceled and switched to Indar shortly thereafter so it seems SOE has that well in hand.

Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
Old 2013-04-09, 10:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

I want to test SO DAMN BAD! A PTR is a thing I've been advocating since release...

But the PTR wont stop crashing
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2013-04-09, 11:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Chewy
Major

Now this is notice.

There shouldn't be any reason for outfits to not get in the test server on time now. I just finished the 8 gig download a while ago and am just waiting for the right time to get a hands on feel for the new bits and bobs.
Old 2013-04-10, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
DeltaGun
Sergeant

Why is everyone so focused on VS infantry weapons? Even a quick glance shows that weapons are effectively mirrored between factions. The only exception I can think of it the Gauss SAW.

As for the aesthetics: I think they're good. What I don't understand is why every vanilla VS weapon looks like a giant purple dildo. Maybe that's just what T-Ray is into, idk.

Last edited by DeltaGun; 2013-04-10 at 04:06 AM.
Old 2013-04-10, 04:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

I think it really comes down to people not knowing when there will be a lot of players play testing and the official focus test, so far, being too late for most european players.

We will definently see more players testing this weekend, but will the devs also be there?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-04-10, 06:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CrimsonTemplar
Staff Sergeant

Every week, jolly good show. Was wondering when the tests would be, so was slightly annoyed when a test was announced, at very short notice last night.

Anyway I'll be there.
Old 2013-04-10, 07:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Assist
Contributor
Major

Server was too laggy to effectively test yesterday. People were warping all over on me, there was also some visual bugs that I reported, unless the HS/NV changes were intentional for only certain classes/weapons.

I do agree with you though, so many have cried for a test server and no one is hopping on to help test out the new systems. There were a few PSU dwellers there though.

Only thing we've learned so far is that the lattice system does not change how empty continents will play out, they're still just ghost capping!

I did really like the UI changes, specifically how much easier it is to refill consumables, and the Allies filter on the map is amazing. You guys should throw a mockup version of the buggy on the test, that would get people there IMO!
Old 2013-04-10, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Hey all -

Tomorrow at 5pm PDT, and for the rest of the week, we will be doing some focus testing of new battle flow mechanics on the Public Test Server. We need your help...
Higgles, it's a tough choice for some due to limited play time and folks like to advance their characters, so I suggest not making it open ended. If you announced it as 5pm-6pm or 5pm-6:30pm, I bet you'd get a better turn out.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-04-10, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
NewSith
Contributor
Brigadier General

Can you have 2 tests? One during US prime time, and one during EU time? Because the playstyles ARE different from what I have learned by playing on Miller and Matherson...

Originally Posted by CutterJohn View Post
Shields.. these are a decent compromise between the console jockeys that want recharging health, and the glorious pc gaming master race that generally doesn't.
Old 2013-04-10, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Dragonskin
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Higgles, it's a tough choice for some due to limited play time and folks like to advance their characters, so I suggest not making it open ended. If you announced it as 5pm-6pm or 5pm-6:30pm, I bet you'd get a better turn out.
I agree, specific testing windows that are an hour to 3-4 hours tops would be best to try to get as many people focused to testing as possible.
Old 2013-04-10, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
Just ask your outfit to showup for an hour! Play another faction or something. Purple devil dogs.. Maybe you can be the poodles ;P

I think The Enclave stated they would be running some ops on the test server, would be nice to get a few of the other large outfits to just dedicate maybe an hour to do it every few days. I think they just want to get enough people to really stress the lattice system. The faster that happens, the faster it comes out to us on live servers.

I asked the VS on Waterson to give it a shot, but like always I get little response from them. I sometimes think they're bots, just going through the motions..
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion