More voice battle macros please! - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: The only place where a Hamma isn't a tool
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-04-20, 08:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
PredatorFour
Major

Re: More voice battle macros please!

Im being serious when i say voice macro's were a big part of PS 1 for me and one of the reasons i played. Shouting them at friendlies and enemies alike was great fun and added alot to the game.
Old 2013-04-20, 08:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Gimpylung
Master Sergeant

I'd love this too but I wonder if SOE will pony up the readies to pay the voice actors needed.
Old 2013-04-20, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Falcon_br
Captain

I miss those voice macros so much.
I am already tired of aiming at a friendly unit holding Q and requesting a gunner for no success and really hard to do in the field.
I normally spot all threads to warn nearby units, but sometimes you can't do it because it would expose yourself and sometimes is a very good cloacker that moves to fast to be spotted.
Also lots of people keep spawning I need repair when the terminals are down, sometimes it is hard to guess what they need, and it is even worst when people on maxes units keep spawning I need a medic!

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-20, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
SturmovikDrakon
First Sergeant

I don't understand how they could gloss over such an important and extensive feature. A proper, thorough voice macro system is a need for any PC game, especially in 2013.

They break down language barriers, and help those that don't normally play with a microphone.

So yes in total support of a more extensive voice system, preferably similar to PS1 (which I like because the keys assigned made sense and are easy to remember), or other similar VGS style systems
Old 2013-04-20, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
musefrog
Corporal

/sign. Make the expanded set a paid shop item, that deals with costs.
Old 2013-04-20, 10:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Goliith
Private

Absolutely yes. I've been wanting all of the voice macros from PS1 since the Stress Tests...when the voice macros didn't even work!

It really can save lives when you can just yell out INCOMMING ENEMY UNITS. Or warn about that douchebag Ghost with an SMG trying to be sneaky.
Old 2013-04-20, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Dodgy Commando
Staff Sergeant

'Fabulous!'

They are definitely convenient, even needed, despite VoIP.

PS1 Voice macroes were great, I don't understand why it wasn't emulated or downright imported into PS2 considering they included a Voice Macro system. Other than that, there are indeed many other games to find good inspiration from.

The current one works, but is severely limited IMO.
Old 2013-04-20, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Falcon_br
Captain

The truth is, Tribes Ascent got a so good voice macro system that I never actual heard someone using the voip of the game!
Planetside 1 voip was a disaster in the first months of the release and the truth is, voice macros were the only good way to communicate with your fellow squad members and surroundings.
The problem with voip that people can´t read the chat anymore! I say hi in my outfit channel, most people say hi back 30 minutes later, if the see it. On squads and platoons I write down the orders on the chat to each squad or individual platoon member, like b-3 go get a sunderer, if I don´t say on the mic: - Bravo Three get a sundered, people wont notice the order!
I am afraid that planetside 3 will not have written chat on the screen anymore.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-04-20, 05:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Falcon_br View Post
The truth is, Tribes Ascent got a so good voice macro system that I never actual heard someone using the voip of the game!
When Tribes:Ascend was announced the old Tribes community rallied behind several points, with passion and bias that makes the PS1 community look apathetic. One of the big ones? The voice macros. The V- - - style voice macros were HUGE in Tribes 1, and expanded by player made scripts, then carried over and made better in Tribes 2, then Included and made game specific in Planetside, Copied Tribes1 and improved for Tribes Ascend... then thrown in, in what appears to be almost an after thought in PS2.

Really it is simply one of the many details that goes to the many small things that are annoying about the game. It is one of the things that WAS done very right. One of the things that was so helpful, so obvious a part of the original why is it not here? PS1 wasn't the first but it was such an essential part of the game.

I very much want the V- - - system back. I would prefer NOT to have the V-# as V-V-T is actually better than V-1 and V-V-Y is much much better than V-8 or -9 or whatever it is.

I miss them so much I type in /Y V-D-G and many other favorites... I will V-1 when someone starts healing me... but I want to V-V-E or V-V-F when its complete.

So much want these on the roadmap.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

I wish we could pick the specific line used - because it randomly chooses between 3 or 4 possible lines I never use the voice macros.
Old 2013-04-20, 05:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Wahooo
Captain

Originally Posted by Ghoest9 View Post
I wish we could pick the specific line used - because it randomly chooses between 3 or 4 possible lines I never use the voice macros.
Again the development history and lineage of these games. In T1 and T2 the character screen you could choose from a few different voices. This was IMPROVED in PS1 where the voice you chose changed the attitude of the voice and often what was actually said. Made it fun to give you toon a personality.

PS2? A step backwards.
Old 2013-04-20, 09:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
camycamera
Major

yes plex
Old 2013-04-21, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
AThreatToYou
Major

VOICE GAME SYSTEM
otherwise known as VGS

http://www.tribesascendwiki.com/Voice_Game_System
VGS Featured in:
Tribes 1
Tribes 2
Tribes: Vengeance
Tribes: Ascend
PlanetSide
Savage & Savage 2
more

but not featured in
PLANETSIDE 2?

FIX IT

also give me my VGQ: "Damnit!"

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-04-21 at 12:08 AM.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Crator
Major General

This would be really nice to have. I remember back before release they even asked us what we wanted in the voice macros... All these things in this thread, and more, were suggested. Dunno what happened.
Old 2013-04-21, 12:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
AThreatToYou
Major

I'd pay ten bucks. Right now. Fifty bucks once I have them.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion