News: GU08 Patch Notes 05-02-2013 - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: What do you mean we can't be friends?!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-02, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

Re: GU08 Patch Notes 05-02-2013

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I have not personally tested this, but my understanding from others is that the detection cone of the Claymore was longer than the proximity mines'. Also, does a claymore blast start at the center point straight out? Or does it have a bit of back-blast? Finally, can enemies see the lights on the VS and NC mines?
The problem with the claymore is that the kill range is farther (the blast) but the actually detection range (how close before it blows) is the same as the other empires.

So it only blows up when you come within the same distance as the other empire mines. The extra kill range, doesn't really matter as much. Since the cone is really tight at this detection range (NO backblast at all, and initial cone seems to be a bit smaller than what the lasers show), it's also easy to run past it without getting hit. Placing the thing so people are running straight at the thing when they come into a room, or at an acute angle aiming at their vector of movement (also known as aiming for their ass) as they enter the room, is the only way to use it. There is a slight delay before it blows, so you want to try to maximize the change that they are in the wide part of the cone when it goes off. Trying to get a 90 degree kill around a corner is a crap shoot of whether or not it will work at close range.

Ironically, the claymore seems to more often kill the SECOND guy to come through the door because of the bigger range of the explosion and the wider cone at that location. Leaving the first guy to think "oops, did I just trigger a mine?" LOL

If the stars align, if the mine triggers, it is facing the right direction, the ground level (as different elevations make it bug out), and if there are a bunch of enemies in the cone, it will do some justice. But to be honest, it is way easier to just run in with a vanu frisbee mine, chuck it, and haul ass, and watch it cut people down, as it doesn't matter what direction it is facing.. if you are in the radius, you are either dead or dying.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan

Last edited by Sardus; 2013-05-02 at 01:01 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Hamma
PSU Admin

I'm fairly certain everyone could see the lasers before.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-05-02, 01:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Striker KOJ
Private

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
I'm fairly certain everyone could see the lasers before.
Assuming they rendered properly (along with all of the other things that randomly don't render for various reasons), yeah they did.

Silly change, and I think it was oposite of the direction they should have gone with. TR mines should have been brought up to par with the other factions, not the other way around.

If there are issues with he directional explosion, then change the explosion to be onmi-directional (like the other factions). If there are issues with the lasers being visible, then remove the lasers (like the other factions). If the issue is with the shape, then modify the shape to be (like the other factions).

This whole game feels like some sort of reverse arms-race. Which faction can take the most steps backwards in technology the fastest...
Old 2013-05-02, 01:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Sardus
Contributor
Captain

A lot of people complain about the claymore because they are not sure how to use it.

If you use it correctly and it doesn't bug out, the thing can actually be a pretty sneaky show stopper.

in my opnion all empires should get a claymore and an omni mine. The claymore should be stronger, but harder to use, as it kinda is suppose to be. The omni more universal, but not as lethal. That'd be pretty cool.

Twitter@TRG_gamingclan
Old 2013-05-02, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Falcon_br
Captain

Originally Posted by Ruffdog View Post
I cant get a consistent answer to this. Some insist they can, some say they cannot.

They should have made ours better. Youve had invisi-mines for 6 months and we have not. Its the one justified whine topic okay? Everything else is adaptable, unlike what the clown in the May 4th strike thread says.
First, everyone can see the lasers, who says he can´t is a fucking liar that don´t want the game to have balance.
Second the suggestion of placing lasers on everyone mines so they will know how bad it is to use a claymore came from the Clown here, and he couldn´t be more happy.

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
I have not personally tested this, but my understanding from others is that the detection cone of the Claymore was longer than the proximity mines'. Also, does a claymore blast start at the center point straight out? Or does it have a bit of back-blast? Finally, can enemies see the lights on the VS and NC mines?
The claymore used to have longer detection range, but it was nerfed so it no longer can cover half of a door! Same detection range now then the other mines, in one direction only.
They claymore don´t have back blast, already tested it a lot to confirm it.

Now my option on TR weapons change:
TR SABR-13
With the decrease of the first show recoil, now you will be able to hit 2 shots on the same target, as I explained here before, unless you were very close to the enemy, it would be impossible to hit both of them. I just hope it will be that way, because they changed the foregrip and compensator, so I will field test it ASAP.
TR T5 AMC
Finally it will be better them the NS-11c for long range engagements! The first shot recoil smaller on the NS-11c always made it better them the T5, even with the T5 having adv fore grip and the NS-11c only standart fore grip.
Lynx and Jaguar got Increased recoil, so they will no longer be the best TR weapons for any range, I really don´t think the jaguar got really nerfed, maybe it is still be more versatile TR carbine, like as I said, need to field test it, already got auraxium with the lynx, but additional horizontal recoil will make it hard to use, because the vertical and horizontal recoil were the same, so it was really easy to compensate it.
The Hailstorm is still much better them the Armistice, I had hope they would decrease the reload time much more!
TR M3 Pounder HEG it could be used to kill tanks in melee range with some degree of sucess, the new one it is to kill tanks in long range, so I understand the changes, but you could use the Pounder to do some damage to infantry, not to kill them, but you could get lots of assists, now it looks like completely ineffective against infantry.

PS: Some weapons got equip time on the milliseconds, if you see 900 or 1200 in equip time, means 0,9 and 1,2 seconds.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2
Old 2013-05-02, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Dragonskin
Major

Posted this in another thread, but in case anyone wanted to see proof here is the post again.

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
http://www.twitch.tv/zethiann/b/395942419

Ok, well found proof that people that say they can see the beams are not crazy. Watching streams today at work and came across this... So at the 18:50 mark he walks up to A point in a tower and clearly visible as day.. 2 green beams.... He plays NC and on ultra settings.
Watch the recorded twitch stream if you want to see how visible the TR claymores can be. Personally I have rarely ever seen them this visible.. but now that I am running close to Ultra I do see them more often.
Old 2013-05-02, 01:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Is the Ogre armour strictly cosmetic as well?

Old 2013-05-02, 02:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

Originally Posted by Dragonskin View Post
Posted this in another thread, but in case anyone wanted to see proof here is the post again.

Watch the recorded twitch stream if you want to see how visible the TR claymores can be. Personally I have rarely ever seen them this visible.. but now that I am running close to Ultra I do see them more often.
I don't see them either. Kind of lame that it depends on your ability to render. The beams should only be visible to the engy placing them so that they can see the effective cone. Having unique mine types for each empire can be balanced.

Claymore - Longest detection range, in a cone. Blast matches cone and it has a small blast radius all the way around it.

Proximity Mine - Medium detection range, even radius around mine. (I would personally make VS Plasma and they burn (DoT).

Bouncing Betty - Should use trip wire, but not feasible. Should have shortest detection radius and actually functions like Bouncing Betty (Pops into air and blast is centered from that point).

This gives us different functions. Claymores are directional and have longest range. Great for corridors. Proximity Mines have largest detection area and hence, are easiest to catch targets in, but would be least damaging. Bouncing Betty's would need to be placed well to catch targets, but once detonated would do most damage.

Claymore - Longest Range - Medium Damage.

Proximity - Largest Detection Area, largest blast area - burn damage.

Betty - Smallest Detection Area - Most damage.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-05-02, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Kroova
Private

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
oh so the fucking laser on tr mines isn´t even visible to enemies?
I've had VS infiltrators tell me that they spotted Claymores thanks to the lasers (though they are not as visible on low settings).

Claymores were a joke: highly-visible suitcases w/ green lasers.

SOE could have made them shorter and removed the lights. Instead they decided to nerf everyone's prox mines. *slow clap*

Last edited by Kroova; 2013-05-02 at 03:04 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Whiteagle
Major

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
On a side note can we use Betties as a flashlight at night?
I think you've just solved two issues at once!
Instead of Lumifiber-effects and Laser-beam tripwires, all mines should generate a flashlight-like cone of light!
That way Flashlights now have a secondary use; faking out Enemies with the possibility of proximity explosives!
Old 2013-05-02, 03:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #56
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Seems like the patch might have introduced some performance issues... Then again it wouldn't be a game update without it.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-05-02, 04:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #57
Twasta
Contributor
Corporal

Also, the Harraser's engine sound isn't rendered in stereo, meaning that you cant tell from where the damn things are approaching until they are either spotted or right on top of you.

Old 2013-05-02, 04:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #58
Snydenthur
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
Seems like the patch might have introduced some performance issues... Then again it wouldn't be a game update without it.
Yes, fps drops are bad. And I did notice, that general performance was down too. About 5-10 fps lower at largest battles. And hitching is a bit worse making aiming a bit harder again at those larger battles.

Also, something is wrong with physics. Esf are flying very weirdly. And magrider has a same kind of behavior, but since it can't fly, it has much more modest effect. You can't see this happening to yourself, but your opponent sees it and you'll see everyone "doing" it.
Old 2013-05-02, 05:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Falcon_br
Captain

Ok, I field tested the weapons.
TR SABR-13
Yeah, now you can really hit both shots on the same target at almost all engagement distances!
And guess what, aim at the chest and the second shot will probably hit the head!

TR T5 AMC
Much better now, you can hit all the shots you need to kill a target without stop firing, like it was with the NS-11c, didn´t test the NS-11c, but I think both will be the same.

Comparing status on both SMG, the hailstorm still reload faster! WTF!?!?!?!

The standard target, get behind a tank and hit it with a rocket, no longer works! Need to use c-4 all the time now that you are behind a tank.

In planetside since the close beta of the first game!
Outfit Brasileira de Planetside 2

Last edited by Falcon_br; 2013-05-02 at 05:28 PM.
Old 2013-05-02, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
KaskaMatej
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Snydenthur View Post
Also, something is wrong with physics. Esf are flying very weirdly. And magrider has a same kind of behavior, but since it can't fly, it has much more modest effect. You can't see this happening to yourself, but your opponent sees it and you'll see everyone "doing" it.
Aye, Maggie really bounces, stutters and sways all over the place, especially on uneven terrain. Pretty annoying if you're a gunner in a moving Magrider.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion