[Video] My Thoughts on Improving SCU and Spawn Room Design and Mechanics - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-04, 05:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info
[Video] My Thoughts on Improving SCU and Spawn Room Design and Mechanics

Hey guys,

Hope you're all enjoying your weekend and just got done watching the AGN Squad Beacon episode from today. If not, definitely check out the VOD for it!

I got in this situation the other night on my stream and just so happened to be talking about it prior and decided to make a commentary on my thoughts about the current SCU and spawn mechanics and how they might improve drastically in the future.

Enjoy, and please comment/rate/subscribe and give me your feedback. Thanks for watching and for all the support and contributions to the discussion!

Old 2013-05-04, 05:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
KarrdeBRBU
Corporal

Re: [Video] My Thoughts on Improving SCU and Spawn Room Design and Mechanics

I agree with you in many ways. Yeah, it gets boring. But fsking biolabs. It's already hard enough to take biolabs without overwhelming forces. I'd be ok with changes to everything if they made re-securing a biolab harder. As it stands it's really easy for defenders to eject the attacking force unless the attacking force has overwhelming numbers on their side. Especially for VS since we're pretty much third place overall for CQC.

Some fixes might be:

1. Better teleporter points. Really easy for defenders to camp them.

2. Better access from airpads. Again, it's pretty easy to camp the doors.

3. I'd like to see roof access. Something LAs could jump through, or even holes large enough for drop pods to get in through.

Overall, while the aesthetics are nice, biolabs really need some layout rework.
Old 2013-05-04, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

I think an easy temporary solution would be to remove all experience gain while inside the spawn room. Possibly even making it so kills aren't counted when you are shooting out as well.

That would be a nice temporary improvement.
Old 2013-05-04, 06:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
CrankyTRex
Staff Sergeant

I agree with the overall idea, just not necessarily the direction. I think the new spawn gen changes are just going to unnecessarily extend cap times.

The most boring part of this game for me is sitting there in a base that has clearly been won or is uncontested waiting for it to flip just so we can get the XP. It feels like the capture mechanics are too heavily designed around the idea of the last minute save, whereby a facility that is undefended or taken can be rescued at the last minute.

The spawn room changes were a good step in stopping camping during the fight, but the capture mechanics basically ensure it towards the end of a fight. Generally speaking if the attackers have succeeded in surrounding a spawn room such that camping can begin, then they've won. So the capture mechanic should reflect that. Something like the capture points have to control spawning or there have to be open rooms with destructible spawn tubes or the SCU has to be in a room surrounded by spawn rooms.
Old 2013-05-04, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Thanks for the feedback everyone, hopefully can get a solid discussion going here.

Old 2013-05-05, 02:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Pella
Captain

Good Video.

But removing SCU is a bad idea. If you have a small outfit and take a bio lab for instance. Whats stopping a 100 Zergfit just spawning in and over running the base?

People tend to think that when the SCU is down its game over. But if you capture a satellite you can quite easily take back the base. But people dont bother.
Old 2013-05-05, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
AThreatToYou
Major

Revert to PS1 System

fixed
Old 2013-05-05, 11:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Aaron
Contributor
Sergeant Major

The current spawn room shields aren't be used they way they were intended. I think they were meant to push the enemy back while you could muster an organized push.

What do you guys thing about a mechanic in the game that helped and encouraged organized tactical pushes from the spawn room? Or in-game communications that would have the effect akin to pings in LoL? It might make the fight more exciting.
Old 2013-05-05, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
ItZMuRdA
Contributor
Master Sergeant

Misc Info

Again -- really solid feedback and ideas guys, thanks for the support!

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion