MAX - surprisingly effective - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: <- You are here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-06, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
OCNSethy
Major

Re: MAX - surprisingly effective

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the scatmax weakness. I'll let this poorly recorded clip of military genius Zapp Brannigan explain:

Motherfucker's gotta reload sometime. That's when you pounce.
And thats why I have a Mercy and Heavy cycler as a TR Maxx - two different ammo amounts means I can keep firing one gun as the other reloads.

Also, dont forget to Maxx punch... people always think MAxxs are weak, close in.

Last edited by OCNSethy; 2013-05-06 at 12:54 AM.
Old 2013-05-06, 01:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
almalino
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bpostal View Post
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the scatmax weakness. Motherfucker's gotta reload sometime. That's when you pounce.
Exactly, 2 seconds shooting 4 seconds reloading Meaning 60% of time MAX is defentless :=)
Old 2013-05-06, 02:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
NUKABAZOOKA
Sergeant

Go try the VS one and come back with your conclusions. I'd love to see what you'd have to say about it, especially its new AV weaponry.
Old 2013-05-06, 05:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #19
Qwan
Captain

Dont go to hard on the VS Max, its not as simple as the NC and TR max. The NC and TR Max you can take out of the box and its ready to go, no certs required and you can have a blast. The VS max has to be tweeked, Ive had some very good runs with my VS max, its all about situation, when Im in AA format, its flak armor, if upgraded, aint a mosi or reaver on the planet gonna out gun me. If its AI max, its gonna take alot of rockets and machine gun fire get me down, I just have to ensure I change up the armor. So with the VS max you gotta know the situation your going into. The weapons on the other hand, most of the AI one's are pretty good, I can mow down groups of infrantry, the AA max nuff said freaking awesome, its the AV that is just useless, even though they up'ed the mag and volocity, its like hitting the vehicle with a cream puff. Infact I dont even use it because it just gives away my position, its like telling a tank or lightining "Hey Im over here". Some dont even fire back because they mistake it for regular machine gun fire.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
camycamera
Major

the standard TR max's mini gun absolutely sucks when compared to the NC max's standards. it's a shame really.
Old 2013-05-06, 08:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
almalino
First Sergeant

Funny thing. I see a lot of VS MAX in the open areas. But not so much NC or TR maxes. Is VS MAX so much better in long distance encounters or is it just that VS players are fearless?
Old 2013-05-06, 09:32 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
CraazyCanuck
First Sergeant

Fearless? Possiby. Depends on the loadout really.

Blueshift seems to be better at med-range engagements where before its accuracy claims at range were a fallacy. Undecided on the new AV rocket launchers, more testing required. Thus far not impressed with their damage, even on a full dual charge hit.

The changes to comets, while an improvement, is still very lack luster on damage or perhaps its the way they have the resistances loaded up on some vehicles. I was dealing with a couple lightnings around an outlying post near Mani and trialed the other comet to test it out. I an esf pop over one of the nearby buildings and I nailed it with 4 shots. Had a HELL YAH! moment for actually nailing the shots with the twitch reaction. But all the air pissed out of my happy balloon when I seen the health bar of the hit aircraft. Barely a scratch. I then charged to a terminal and grabbed my dual bursters.

Old 2013-05-06, 10:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #23
AThreatToYou
Major

If you're dissappointed with your new AV weapons damage, the Ravens aren't any better from what I've experienced. It's just the ravens are good against infantry too. but have very slow projectile speed.

I don't know what to say about the comet. I'll say that I've experienced a few O SHI- moments facing VS with their MAX units, but not as many as TR. Then again I fight TR a lot more than I fight VS for some reason (waterson VS pop is stupid low).

Last edited by AThreatToYou; 2013-05-06 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2013-05-06, 11:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #24
Qwan
Captain

Originally Posted by almalino View Post
Funny thing. I see a lot of VS MAX in the open areas. But not so much NC or TR maxes. Is VS MAX so much better in long distance encounters or is it just that VS players are fearless?
Its the amount of ammo put down range, its like a supressor to keep the enemies head down. Duel cosmos, 75 round mag, not very accurate but can supress the enemy.
Old 2013-05-06, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
HiroshiChugi
Captain

Originally Posted by AThreatToYou View Post
The new AV MAXs and still the old AA MAXs generally have made MAX units useful outdoors. Granted the Raven's projectile velocity is bastardly slow, plus MAX units have no optics.
I actually bought the Raven, but only for the left arm. I have two loadouts for my MAX: AA and AV. My AA is of course dual-bursters and my AV is actually the Raven in my left arm and the Falcon in my right arm. It's actually deadlier than you think.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion