*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 47 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: sig bot told me to F%#K off when nobody was looking ????
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-26, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #691
Solidblock
Staff Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by i see you naked View Post
basically means

if ur not a PS1 player ur fucked and can wait 2-3 more months before u can actually play the beta.. MAYBE
This is completely not true and if by basically you mean on some weird twisted universe, then correct.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #692
bjorntju1
Captain

''Again, we will be inviting as many of our existing PlanetSide 1 players as we can into the early phases of Beta determined by a number of different factors, including machine type. ''

So now there is a chance not every PS vet get's in the early phases? I thought that was the plan?
Old 2012-06-26, 11:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #693
TazmamzaT
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I do know some folks are disappointed and I honestly wish we could have set reasonable expectations when communicating. To be fair, all we promised was an announcement regarding Beta. This is effectively our Closed Beta announcement. It's unlikely we'll announce "Hey we let X number of folks in" and dates are just not something that happens in modern game development. A date is a commitment and we take them seriously.
RardarX has several times today that this is basically the closed beta announcement. That's alright with me. They said that there would be an announcement and we got one, I am happy today.

Last edited by TazmamzaT; 2012-06-26 at 11:45 AM.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #694
Biohazard
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
''Again, we will be inviting as many of our existing PlanetSide 1 players as we can into the early phases of Beta determined by a number of different factors, including machine type. ''

So now there is a chance not every PS vet get's in the early phases? I thought that was the plan?
Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Originally Posted by demonicale
RadarX.
Do you mind letting the Planetside 1 Vet's in this thread know if they are still priority for beta or not?.

As the new Beta letter mention's current planetside player's and NOT vet's.
thanks
Nothing at all has changed regarding PlanetSide 1 veterans. Everything you have been told previously is still true.
So from what I can tell, many of the PS1 vets will get in. I'm certain there is some criteria. Like, whether or not one actually signed up for beta?
Old 2012-06-26, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #695
Anderz
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Biohazard View Post
So from what I can tell, many of the PS1 vets will get in. I'm certain there is some criteria. Like, whether or not one actually signed up for beta?
It'll more likely be based on computer specs.
Old 2012-06-26, 11:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #696
bjorntju1
Captain

Yeah that could be possible. I just hate how it is stated there. Can't they just say: ''Every PS1 vet who singed up for beta, is going to get invited in the first phases of the beta.'' It just makes me more confused as what is true or not. But I suppose everyone will get in. However if not every PS vet gets invited in the first phases of the beta, that just means they plain out lied to us.

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-06-26 at 12:00 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #697
Zar
Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Yeah that could be possible. I just hate how it is stated there. Can't they just say: ''Every PS1 vet who singed up for beta, is going to get invited in the first phases of the beta.'' It just makes me more confused as what is true or not. But I suppose everyone will get in. However if not every PS vet gets invited in the first phases of the beta, that just means they plain out lied to us.
O.o they didn't lie they just told us what they are going to do they need to test as many type of rig's so the game doesn't kill said persons rig >.< now if ps1 players have every rig ever then odds are pretty good were safe!
Old 2012-06-26, 12:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #698
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by Zar View Post
O.o they didn't lie they just told us what they are going to do they need to test as many type of rig's so the game doesn't kill said persons rig >.< now if ps1 players have every rig ever then odds are pretty good were safe!
If not every PS1 vet gets invited in the early phases of the beta, yes, they did lie. Since they told us that every vet would get in in the early phases of the beta. Maybe not in the very first wave, but as one of the first.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #699
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
If that is the cause here comes on the biggest shit storms in gaming history.

They have really thrown them self in this weird spot they sent out tens of thousands keys with pc gamer, and now want to get all the ps1 vets in. I just think if you wanted to let the ps1 vets in first, why put the pc gamer keys out so dang early. Hell wait for like July issue of pc gamer

Last edited by james; 2012-06-26 at 12:35 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #700
i see you naked
Corporal

if my brother is buying planetside 1 NOW

does he get the "veteran" status to get into the beta earlier or how to achieve that veteran status?

i for myself got planetside a few years ago and under my planetside 2 tab it says PlanetSide 2 Account : INACTIVE
Old 2012-06-26, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #701
james
Sergeant Major

if my brother is buying planetside 1 NOW

does he get the "veteran" status to get into the beta earlier or how to achieve that veteran status?

i for myself got planetside a few years ago and under my planetside 2 tab it says PlanetSide 2 Account : INACTIVE
No one knows, the beta has been mostly confusion so far. I think the only thing is really known if you don't have a beta key or ps1 gl getting in the beta

Actually a little interesting if you actually read the whole thing, esp this.
“External Beta will include primary rounds of entry for existing PlanetSide 1 players and additional External Beta registrants, including those who obtained Beta codes from the PC Gamer magazine cover feature.”

So perhaps all ps1 vets don't get in, appears to be a mix

Last edited by james; 2012-06-26 at 12:45 PM.
Old 2012-06-26, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #702
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by james View Post
No one knows, the beta has been mostly confusion so far. I think the only thing is really known if you don't have a beta key or ps1 gl getting in the beta

Actually a little interesting if you actually read the whole thing, esp this.
“External Beta will include primary rounds of entry for existing PlanetSide 1 players and additional External Beta registrants, including those who obtained Beta codes from the PC Gamer magazine cover feature.”

So perhaps all ps1 vets don't get in, appears to be a mix

well i just contacted the live chat support:

"Yes, that should give you priority access even though you just recently purchased PlanetSide 1."
Old 2012-06-26, 12:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #703
james
Sergeant Major

well i just contacted the live chat support:

"Yes, that should give you priority access even though you just recently purchased PlanetSide 1."
If thats the case ps1 vets are going in the same time as pc gamer keys
Old 2012-06-26, 01:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #704
Exodan
Corporal

One thing I'm unsure on is will the external closed beta only be open for set amounts of time or once its open will it remain so until release as they invite more people?
Old 2012-06-26, 01:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #705
i see you naked
Corporal

Originally Posted by Exodan View Post
One thing I'm unsure on is will the external closed beta only be open for set amounts of time or once its open will it remain so until release as they invite more people?
i really hope its not only open for a weekend -_-
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion