*** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ *** - Page 87 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Does whatever a spider can.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-11, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1291
Fafnir
Sergeant

Re: *** PlanetSide 2 Ultimate Beta FAQ ***

Originally Posted by SGT Apone View Post
that's what he said if you read his post
Yeah, looks like failed reading comprehension on my part.

I wonder how big the waves will be. You know, there is huge continent to fill with players
Old 2012-07-11, 01:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #1292
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Yes most people with keys aren't getting in first wave. Already knew that, way too many keys out there. Still not relevant to the pcgamer vs twitter key debate.
lol ok whatever you say
Old 2012-07-11, 01:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #1293
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
he and jenny boo said so during their livestream and IRC chat. it's recorded somewhere on this site

Edit here you go: recorded and broadcasted well after the twitter and facebook keys were started

30 min 40 sec mark is the info

http://youtu.be/trM-dSh4x3U?t=30m40s
I can't believe how much you ignored the fact that he keeps saying the word "AMONG".

AMONGAMONGAMONGAMONG. Lol. I'll take Mhigby's news from an hour ago over ambiguous all inclusive language from someone who isn't higby that happened a releative while back.

You should just accept the fact that twitter keys are "PRIORITY" keys. Same as the mag. They could easily clarify this for you without using inclusive language. Period. They won't. Why? Besides, do you think the 10 people who bought PC gamer for a beta key (likely paranoid vets) are really going to be enough for even the intial waves?

I stress, again, the latest from matt higby, is that Vets and priority keys will be among the first in. No mention of PCgamer keys being special. A priority Key is an actual thing. When you enter it, it says "Priority access". I've seen the words Congratulations! Priority Beta access! enough times to tell you that. No point in stating that if it were otherwise, lol. Vets may be first, but other than that, there isn't ANY distinction that has been shown to us regarding priority keys.

Sorry to tell you, but technically you guys didn't buy keys. You bought a magazine, and got suckered into by thinking you'd be up on some pedistal before those making fanart and having chats with the Devs on twitter. You'll be in with or after vets, but so will everyone else with a priority key. Deal with it, and we can move on lmao.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1294
Top Sgt
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
I can't believe how much you ignored the fact that he keeps saying the word "AMONG".

AMONGAMONGAMONGAMONG. Lol. I'll take Mhigby's news from an hour ago over ambiguous all inclusive language from someone who isn't higby that happened a releative while back.

You should just accept the fact that twitter keys are "PRIORITY" keys. Same as the mag. They could easily clarify this for you without using inclusive language. Period. They won't. Why? Besides, do you think the 10 people who bought PC gamer for a beta key (likely paranoid vets) are really going to be enough for even the intial waves?

I stress, again, the latest from matt higby, is that Vets and priority keys will be among the first in. No mention of PCgamer keys being special. A priority Key is an actual thing. When you enter it, it says "Priority access". I've seen the words Congratulations! Priority Beta access! enough times to tell you that. No point in stating that if it were otherwise, lol. Vets may be first, but other than that, there isn't ANY distinction that has been shown to us regarding priority keys.

Sorry to tell you, but technically you guys didn't buy keys. You bought a magazine, and got suckered into by thinking you'd be up on some pedistal before those making fanart and having chats with the Devs on twitter. You'll be in with or after vets, but so will everyone else with a priority key. Deal with it, and we can move on lmao.
lol as I said whatever makes you feel better doesn't matter to me.

Also fyi i never said I bought anything I said those who bought the PC gamer mags I don't have to rely on a code so nice assumption but unfortunately a failed one.

once you finally get in.. enjoy yourself

Now we can all move on.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1295
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Top Sgt View Post
lol as I said whatever makes you feel better doesn't matter to me.

Also fyi i never said I bought anything I said those who bought the PC gamer mags I don't have to rely on a code so nice assumption but unfortunately a failed one.

once you finally get in.. enjoy yourself

Now we can all move on.
That part wasn't so much directed at you, should have pointed that out. Its obvious that you're a vet already, looking at your sig. Sorry that you thought I assumed otherwise, lol. But yes. We will move on. lol.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #1296
Sephirex
Major

Ah whatever. I'll do the same. Moving on.
Fact is, we'll never get a straight answer.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-11 at 01:42 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #1297
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post

Did you even watch the video for more than 10 seconds? He says that the keys that are given away on twitter and facebook are getting invited later on. And maybe he was incorrect but these kind of things make people confused as what is true. Nobody cares you were right. (hell, even I had my doubts that PS1 vets get in earlier that twitter keys, since those keys were piority keys.)
Old 2012-07-11, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #1298
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
Did you even watch the video for more than 10 seconds? He says that the keys that are given away on twitter and facebook are getting invited later on. And maybe he was incorrect but these kind of things make people confused as what is true. Nobody cares you were right. (hell, even I had my doubts that PS1 vets get in earlier that twitter keys, since those keys were piority keys.)
https://twitter.com/mhigby/status/223090151780392960

"Based on how things go with the tech. tests we'll begin inviting more groups of testers for closed beta, starting w/ priority keys&ps1 vets"

My key from Ms. Krohn (which is from the twitter key pool) is listed as a priority key.

I guess we'll see. 'Soon'.

Last edited by DarkChiron; 2012-07-11 at 01:52 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1299
bjorntju1
Captain

Originally Posted by DarkChiron View Post

"Based on how things go with the tech. tests we'll begin inviting more groups of testers for closed beta, starting w/ priority keys&ps1 vets"

My key from Ms. Krohn (which is from the twitter key pool) is listed as a priority key. It doesn't matter what you want to think Hamma thinks he heard from someone else.
As I said in my post: ''And maybe he is incorrect'' referring to that tweet, and in my post on the previous page:

That brings questions of, do we have different types of piority? It is now confirmed it isn't. But don't you understand people get confused if devs are saying different things?
I already know.

I suppose what higby says is correct since he has the latest news, but before this there were multiple different things said, that just confuses people and nobody knows what is correct.
Old 2012-07-11, 01:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #1300
Fafnir
Sergeant

My key from Ms. Krohn (which is from the twitter key pool) is listed as a priority key.
All keys are listed as priority keys when you redeem them. There may be some hierarchy according to Danica's tweet, but it just makes everything more confusing. Let's just wait and find out, shall we?
Old 2012-07-11, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #1301
james
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Fafnir View Post
It's not as simple as that. Radar explained that all vets may not get in before anyone else.

Besides, people handpicked for tech test have highest priority.
i thought it was pc gamer keys and vets get in at the same time. I would highly doubt since they had a deal with pc gamer, to screw over those with keys.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1302
DarkChiron
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by bjorntju1 View Post
As I said in my post: ''And maybe he is incorrect'' referring to that tweet, and in my post on the previous page:

I already know.

I suppose what higby says is correct since he has the latest news, but before this there were multiple different things said, that just confuses people and nobody knows what is correct.
I think I got confused on what points were trying to be made. This whole mess is just overly confusing and there's so much misinformation floating around, I just don't know anymore.

That's why I edited my post to not be so much of an ass about it. I guess I didn't edit it fast enough.

Apologies.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #1303
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Now we're all besties again. lol. Good luck in game, be you Vet, twitter, sign-up, pcgamer, and what have you!
Old 2012-07-11, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1304
bjorntju1
Captain

I think I got confused on what points were trying to be made. This whole mess is just overly confusing and there's so much misinformation floating around, I just don't know anymore.

That's why I edited my post to not be so much of an ass about it. I guess I didn't edit it fast enough.

Apologies.
Np

But lets just say that PC gamer, vets and twitter keys are the same since that is what Higby said recently.

Now I only want to know if we EU people are getting shafted with the beta or not Since Smedley said two days ago that the EU is beta is ''very soon''. And we all know what soon means... And also the fact that the EU beta is being handeled by both SOE and Pro7 (smedley also said that in a recent tweet) doesn't give me much faith...

Last edited by bjorntju1; 2012-07-11 at 02:48 PM.
Old 2012-07-11, 03:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #1305
Zalmoxis
Sergeant

If us EU players don't get beta at the same time then I will never buy anything to support PS2 devs. I have always hated unfair treatment of gamers, especially when it comes down to the region.

But if we will be treated equally then I'll be throwing money constantly at PS2, after or around the time of the open beta so we can get more content to choose from
Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion