SJ Chat Transcript - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: get back to work
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-04-12, 07:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

SJ Chat Transcript

SHamelessly stolen...

"SmokejumperPS: To answer questions about the chat...
SmokejumperPS: We usually leave it in moderated mode right now because we don't have any paid moderaters yet. Thus, the chat was turning into a real cesspool and we closed it because it was degenerating wildly.
SmokejumperPS: We are fixing it all up now and it will be general chat again soon.
SmokejumperPS: An accouncement on open beta will be available tomorrow.
SmokejumperPS: The lasher is being changed soon so it will no longer lash friendly targets. This increases its effectiveness, as well as tones down the grief potential.
SmokejumperPS: You can still hurt folk's with direct dmg though. (Pretty sure he meant friendlys :P)
SmokejumperPS: Outfit bug will be looked into soon. Sorry for the delay on that. We are working on stability instead.
SmokejumperPS: Joystick support will occur soon.
SmokejumperPS: Vehicle damage caused by terrain and braking will go away soon too. (Severe impacts will still damage, but getting rid of nicks and scrapes)
SmokejumperPS: In-Game voice was tested tonight for the first time. It needs some smoothing out and interface work before we spring it to you, but were looking forward to doing it very soon.
SmokejumperPS: Tower layouts will change in the next large data patch. Control consoles will be upstairs.
SmokejumperPS: Continents will be more stable now...but my guess is that there will still be problems at around 600 to 700 people per continent. We'll see at the battle climbs in size tonight.
SmokejumperPS: Tanks will be getting help soon. There's an AP ammo change coming that will fix them so that the heavier armor on tanks just doesn't get affected by the most small-calibre weaponry..regardless of AP or standard.
SmokejumperPS: Platoons will come into the game directly after the remaining command features are released.
SmokejumperPS:The most recent command feature that we are testing now is Battleplans for command rank 3 folks.
SmokejumperPS: Platoons = the ability to combine three squads together for chat purposes and sharing XP.
SmokejumperPS: More aircraft will probably happen, but they will be added after release. Notice the "probably" part.
SmokejumperPS: Battleplan...okay. Sure. They're working now so I'll tell you. You heard it here first.
SmokejumperPS: They are the ability to use pen, eraser, and text tools to draw directly on your overhead map and transmit those images to your squadmates. Real-time.
SmokejumperPS: It makes for very easy to transmit ideas for attacks and planning.
SmokejumperPS: You can even print them.
SmokejumperPS: If you're interested in seeing the very high res textures in the game, you can go to the advanced graphics options tab. There you can toggle on lots of different types of highest-res textures available...BUT...
SmokejumperPS: ...beware. It doesn't come without a price. Those are very memory expensive textures.
SmokejumperPS: You should not do this unless you are IN EXCESS of 512MB system RAM and have around 128MB RAM on your video card.
SmokejumperPS: But the game looks pretty sweet if you have the right gear.
SmokejumperPS: Okay. Back. Status in-hand...
SmokejumperPS: We have a server-sude patch available. It fixes a lot of stability issues. It also introduces a couple visual annoyances, but they dont affect gameplay hugely.
SmokejumperPS: Were going to put the patch up soon. Working on it now.
SmokejumperPS: The visual oddites are:
SmokejumperPS: a) You may not see the HART shuttles. They'll still WORK..but you may not see them.
SmokejumperPS: b) You may not see the update progress bar when you heal or repair someone.
SmokejumperPS: That's it. The stability should be much higher... but you folks keep finding new breaks, so no guarantees.
SmokejumperPS: But we fixed about 14 server issues today. So we have fairly high hopes.
SmokejumperPS: 743 in chat. Fantastic. (Real # at this time is 780 when I checked)
SmokejumperPS: Sounds will be improved very soon. It's high on our list after VoiceIP for the sound programmer.
SmokejumperPS: No download to you. All server-side changes tonight.
SmokejumperPS: VoiceIP is squad only. Don't worry. You don't have to listen to voice spam from your entire or anything foolish.
SmokejumperPS: Should see the hacking bar. Yes. That tested as correct.
BrileyPS: /te clench1k im going TR tonight.
SmokejumperPS: Thanks, Bri.
SmokejumperPS: lol
BrileyPS: heh oops
SmokejumperPS: VoiceIP is so easy to use and prevent abuse... don't worry.
SmokejumperPS: Voice Ip is based on TeamSound API.SmokejumperPS: lol. I'll post some VoiceIP details later. Too much typing for now on that subject. Couldn't possibly cover it all.
SmokejumperPS: I'm known for playing TR...but I play all the Empires, actually. I just don't announce the other character names.
SmokejumperPS: You raise your command rank by being the squad leader of a squad that captures a facility.
SmokejumperPS: On the subject of XP...
SmokejumperPS: Squadmates will get XP for base caps anywhere on the continent soon.
SmokejumperPS: No longer restricted to just the SOI. (w00t. Great change)
Pause here... chat just broke 820 people.

SmokejumperPS: Command rank abilities right are are: CR 1 = squad waypoints; CR 2 = a) see all friendlies (via uplink device) and b) directed voice commands; CR3 = Battleplans and two undisclosed new abilities.
SmokejumperPS: There are also CR4 and CR5 abilities.
SmokejumperPS: 820 in chat. Gotta get a camera (its actually 845 as Im typing all this out!)
SmokejumperPS: We are considering incentives for defending bases. We have other changes that may make that unnecessary. We'll see.
SmokejumperPS: The "phantom hacker" issue is our highest design priority and we will have fixes soon.
SmokejumperPS: phantom hacker = those pesky guys that run in, cap a console and run off without caring wether they get the cap or not.
SmokejumperPS: The real problem is not the actual hack... but rather ... that when you get there to defend the base from attackers theres never anyone there.. and that stinks. So we're solving that.
SmokejumperPS: We have tower changes coming too. Some movement of items within the tower and some other features.
SmokejumperPS: We'll moderate this channel soon... and have Empire channels... and world channels, etc.
SmokejumperPS: Sorry about this format for now... but if you want to be amused watch what happens when I unmoderate.

(Insane spammage starts and the server actually drops about 100 or so people from it)

SmokejumperPS: See?
SmokejumperPS: You don't want that.
BrileyPS: heheh wow that worked
SmokejumperPS:
SmokejumperPS: Don't worry... I won't unmoderate again.
SmokejumperPS:
SmokejumperPS: We're looking into "niches" in the walls of the stairwells on the towers for better firefights, as well as putting the control consoles upstairs so you have to use the whole tower.
SmokejumperPS: Chat window can be resized by pulling the lower, right corner around.
SmokejumperPS: Grief is getting updates soon. And we are working on the "phantom hacker" issue also.
SmokejumperPS: For all those passing compliments to me, I promise to pass them to the team, where they belong. Thanks for the good words.
SmokejumperPS: No character wipes or resets tonight.
SmokejumperPS: Just grief reset.
SmokejumperPS: Delete characters not fixed yet
SmokejumperPS: Remember...tonight's server is AURAXIS.
SmokejumperPS: BR1 reset will likely happen on Monday.
SmokejumperPS: Or next patch anyway.
SmokejumperPS: BR = Battle Rank
SmokejumperPS: We did the BR20 test already.

(Silence... chat broke 930 people)

SmokejumperPS: PS on Xbox. I don't even want to think about the memory challenges right now. <cringe>
SmokejumperPS: You can blow through Battle Ranks 1-5 really easily in a single play session.
SmokejumperPS: It slows down thereafter.
SmokejumperPS: Price on PS is not something I can discuss until authorized by the Great Gods of Corporate.
BrileyPS: heh I agree with Smoke on the PS on Xbox thing... console games arent fun to make.
SmokejumperPS: Server is up.
SmokejumperPS: Auraxis awaits."

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-04-12, 07:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
thegame109
First Sergeant

"SmokejumperPS: More aircraft will probably happen, but they will be added after release. Notice the "probably" part."

VERY VERY intresting,GOOD JOB!

PLANETSIDE!!
Old 2003-04-12, 09:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Prowler
PSU Realdoll

Good info. thx
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion