Quick draw implant? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: pimpin' since '02
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: What do you think about a quick draw implant ability?
Yes 8 25.81%
No 13 41.94%
Package it with melee booster and rename the implant 9 29.03%
Other 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-03, 04:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

Quick draw implant?

My cousin and I were playing, and he said on teamspeak he wished there was a quickdraw implant so he would not get owned every time he was trying to switch things, so I thought, "Hey that's a good idea, he doesn't post on the forums but I'll what people think."

Basically, it works like this: You draw any weapon or grenade much faster than a normal trooper at the cost of 5 stamina. Instead of that eternal second it takes you to draw, you can draw and fire much much faster. How fast? I don't know, I'm not a balance artist.

Quick draw does not work with support devices such as banks, reks, med apps, cuds, and nano dispensers, as there is little need to pull one out so fast(and if it costed you 10 stamina you wouldn't want it to either).

What do you think?
Old 2004-04-03, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
easypickings
Corporal

deja vu...

but even better idea to have it with melee boost
Old 2004-04-03, 05:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

Seems a nice idea...with the up-coming surge. As it stands, NC Jackhammer surgile plus super draw...'d be more insanely overpowered than it is now.
Old 2004-04-03, 07:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

unless they make it so you can't have both, or the surge timer applies to quick draw too.
Old 2004-04-03, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Whilst I like the concept there are two things I dislike about this.

The first is that you that it'd be even quicker to take down MAXs as people would hotswap to decimator faster than ever before.

The second is more serious and can be summed up with 3 words: the bolt driver. Some snipers use Rexo so they can switch between two bolt drivers. At the moment this only gives a slight increase in reload speed. But it could be worse with quick draw.
Old 2004-04-03, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Lartnev
The second is more serious and can be summed up with 3 words: the bolt driver. Some snipers use Rexo so they can switch between two bolt drivers. At the moment this only gives a slight increase in reload speed. But it could be worse with quick draw.
Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!

Old 2004-04-03, 02:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Oh my god that would be awesome, overpowered to hell but awesome.
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-04-03, 02:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SurrealBeingXX
Private

oh hell yes, this sounds really sweet...since I started playin this game like 5 months ago, Ive always wondered why they limit us from using the mouse scroll to quickly switch weapons....i want it fast like Quake 3 lol!
Old 2004-04-03, 04:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SuperBallz
Corporal

could be cool
Old 2004-04-03, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
SurrealBeingXX
Private

would be VERY cool...
Old 2004-04-03, 10:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
UncleDynamite
Lieutenant Colonel

Not a bad idea.
Old 2004-04-05, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
oddfish
Colonel

It should be limited to weapons that are under HA, AV, and Sniper. Any weapons that are HA or AV or the bolt driver should be just as slow to change. The only change should be with the lighter weapons. Like switching from Cycler to a Plasma nade', or Gauss to Sweeper and all that shizzle. Light weapons, not the big hogs. I mean, how the fuck do you quick draw a god damned MCG? No, Quick Draw should only affect drawing lighter weapons, i think. NOW, before everyone is like: WTF STFU N00B!!! JUST CUZ YOU PROBABLY ONLY USE GAUSS CUZ IT'S TEH NC POWER GUN DETH RIFLE!!! DUR DUR DUR!!

Actually, flamers and the like, I use my Phoenix/Gauss or Phoenix/Sweeper combo. I would not acquire Quick Draw. This does not make it a cool idea. Though, i agree with the sniper thing. And anyone who thinks the Bolt Driver should be considered light is a used douche. That thing is about the size of one of those damned 50 caliber anti-material rifles. I've held one of those fuckers, it weighs a gazillion fucking lbs. To prove my point, the military has snipers that use those things just LEAVE them at the sniper position so they can hurry up and get the fuck out after taking out a target. They're so cumbersome that they don't care HOW much they cost, they just say leave the fuckers behind.

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-04-05, 09:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
apachepilotpat

l think it should only apply to pistols and nades

Old 2004-04-05, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
oddfish
Colonel

One thing I think would be cool is to be able to use twin pistols. NOT IN THE MATRIX SENSE!!! Just, twin pistols. Whip out two repeaters or magscatters or amp's.. I think that'd be pretty cool. JUST as a random aesthetic addition. All the n00bs would be into it. Players who get bored and want to be a little "wild" and "wacky" and listen to their loud music and wear their blue jeans and be rebels would use dual pistols from time to time. This would make quickdraw nifty. Then you could go from assault rifel to dual pistols real quick and be almost as affective. I think dual pistols should have SHIT accuracy though. Wait.. okay.. i'm sorry. I just hit myself in the face five times with my mouse. I know this has been suggested a thousand times. I know. I'm sorry. I am a gei-faced n00b loser who should STFU forever just because of this post.
This is NOT the matrix, this is NOT Max Payne. THIS IS PLANETSIDE!! WE'RE NOT ALLOWED TO MAKE AESTHETIC ADDITIONS! EVERYTHING MUST BE SERVILE TO SOME KIND OF UTILITARIAN CONCEPT! EVERYTHING MUST SERVE A PURPOSE!! THE DEVS ARE EXISTENSUALISTS!! BLARGARARJALKRJLKRJ!

My Blog
[20:19] <Phobos> oddfish: Glad to see you, now help me move this dead body.
Old 2004-04-05, 11:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

erm...okay.
You are definately an oddfish, want some decaf-sushi?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion