Infiltration suit help - Page 3 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: will explode after 1 more quote!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-04, 02:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #31
SurrealBeingXX
Private

spitfire turrets dont detect you if your are moving while crouched...im not sure about the field of other bases uncloaking you tho..
Old 2004-04-04, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #32
ZeroRaven
Private

I only brought that up cuz i was going through a base's back door that had a field covering it and was killed immediately by a enemy on the outside. Thought that was the deal. Thanks tho
Old 2004-04-04, 04:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #33
SurrealBeingXX
Private

np
Old 2004-04-04, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #34
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

If they have the interlink benefit, the spitfires will cut you down even if you're stationary. By the way, I'm sure somebody with a stick in their ass is also going to rip you for bumping old threads.
Old 2004-04-04, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #35
SurrealBeingXX
Private

oh really? i didnt know that about the interlink benefit...thx lol
Old 2004-04-04, 07:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #36
ZeroRaven
Private

Thanks, they'll get over it.
Old 2004-04-05, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #37
ZeroRaven
Private

Originally Posted by SurrealBeingXX
spitfire turrets dont detect you if your are moving while crouched...im not sure about the field of other bases uncloaking you tho..
I was shot at by multiple turrets at long range while cloaked and crawling, some where at bases, others at towers, and i swear one was in the middle of nowhere. I was spotted no matter what. Is there a certain distance you have to start crawling? Once your spotted and get cover, will they know you're there until you leave?
Old 2004-04-05, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #38
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by ZeroRaven
I was shot at by multiple turrets at long range while cloaked and crawling, some where at bases, others at towers, and i swear one was in the middle of nowhere. I was spotted no matter what. Is there a certain distance you have to start crawling? Once your spotted and get cover, will they know you're there until you leave?
Again, if they have the interlink benefit then it's pretty much suicide to go inside their sphere of influence. Spitfires will continue shooting at you until they kill you or you get out of their range. Most likely the former. Tower SOI's are included in this. It's possible that one was in the middle of nowhere if it was some sort of bug, but not likely.
If you are not in an SOI with interlink, stop the second you get shot. You'll get used to the sound/damage and before long you'll know if it's a spit or something else shooting at you. If you stop right away you can get away with about 1/2 health. If you stop moving, and it's not interlink, they'll stop shooting. At that point you can crouch walk away (or even just walk using the shift key). Again, repetition is the only key that can be given for the distance they'll shoot at you. Play for a while and you'll get a real good idea how far away you have to start crouch walking.
Old 2004-04-05, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #39
Seer
Major

Originally Posted by Seer
What the heck, this thing is from June! Still good advice, I guess.
*spooky* It's the thread that died two deaths. And it's back for more! The only hope of stopping it is a plan so crazy it just might work! Spring 2004.

Last edited by Seer; 2004-04-05 at 08:10 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion