Another Cloaker idea. - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: VS: Very Stupid
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-03, 01:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
noodles
Private

Another Cloaker idea.

What if a cloaker, for 1 extra cert, could use a backpack to double the size of his/her inventory? Only to use anything in the backpack you first have to equip it by pressing #2 and then taking what you want out of it and putting it in the normal inventory. Then you could equip that item normally from there.
A cloaker with a backpack should be slower than a normal cloaker but i don't think that it should make them any more visible while moving... or at least not while crouch walking.

what do ya think?
Old 2004-04-03, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Meh...

This idea doesn't really move me. Doesn't mean it's no good, but I don't find it particularly exciting. Also seems a little roundabout in its implementation and doesn't really seem to make sense...how can someone with a big pack on them not be more visible? Wouldn't the stuff inside jingle a lot more than on their belts and give them away?
Old 2004-04-03, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SurrealBeingXX
Private

Yea this sounds good...Ive always thought that the cloaker needs a lil more inventory space, if not holster space..

Last edited by SurrealBeingXX; 2004-04-03 at 02:18 PM.
Old 2004-04-03, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Increase maybe, double no thanks.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
scarpas
Captain

no. ive been an infil for 1/2 of my "gaming career" and i think its balanced as it is.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Cryptica
First Sergeant

I agree with scarpas. Cloakers need to travel light in order for their technology to work.If you had a huge-ass backpack over your shoulder, you'd just be that much slower and more noticable. I think having the limited space makes the cloaker something that needs strategy and forethought.
Old 2004-04-03, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
SurrealBeingXX
Private

this is true, but I think just a little more room to carry stuff would help a lot, and make it more fun....perhaps a slimpack instead of a backpack lol..idk...just want more space =P
Old 2004-04-03, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
keaoi
Master Sergeant

give them a second holster, that can only carry a support device (ie. REK, MED, etc). That would help alot. As it is, I have the inventory bound to my mouse wheel.
Old 2004-04-03, 08:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
SurrealBeingXX
Private

sounds good
Old 2004-04-03, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

i get owned by cloakers on a regular basis. I dont think i need to get owned twice as much.

Old 2004-04-03, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

Originally Posted by keaoi
give them a second holster, that can only carry a support device (ie. REK, MED, etc). That would help alot. As it is, I have the inventory bound to my mouse wheel.
People, they dont give infs more space and holsters because its not supoosed to be EASY!
Old 2004-04-03, 08:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SurrealBeingXX
Private

maybe its just u.......lol jk
Old 2004-04-03, 08:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
keaoi
Master Sergeant

it takes only a millisecond to open the invo and switch the items. its more annoying than balancing. Decrease my invo then. take one ammo box worth of space out of it and give me a second holster. not unbalanced, since you have less invo space, not anymore helpful really, just less annoying.

Also, I thought the not having armor, not being able to use a rifle, AV weapon, Sniper Rifle, or repair vechs, or able to effectively take out a MAX (minus spending another 5-certs on CE for the chance to MAYBE take one out with enough luck and timing, and assuming the MAX doesnt have DL bound to his f'ing mouse wheel) was the disadvantage, but I guess that being able to easily use a support device would complete unbalance the most bugged armor in the game.

My bad.

Last edited by keaoi; 2004-04-03 at 08:21 PM.
Old 2004-04-03, 08:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SurrealBeingXX
Private

hm....as long as its fun...and people dont whine about stuff being too powerful....well..nevermind lol
Old 2004-04-04, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
noodles
Private

Originally Posted by keaoi
it takes only a millisecond to open the invo and switch the items. its more annoying than balancing. Decrease my invo then. take one ammo box worth of space out of it and give me a second holster. not unbalanced, since you have less invo space, not anymore helpful really, just less annoying.
I like this even better than my idea. Except i'd just say leave everything the same and just add an extra holster.

i'd settle for the less invo space and the second holster though.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion