Another instance of GM interaction, courtesy of Brewko (3/21) - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Got medkits?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2013-03-23, 03:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Furber
First Sergeant

Another instance of GM interaction, courtesy of Brewko (3/21)

You may recall from a post a few weeks ago, while roughly 5 people were playing PS1, brewko decided to spice things up a bit. He created earthquakes and meteor showers, as well as giving us the Loser merit and the 2007 Fan Fair merit (gives access to the Fusion Blade). At the time, I was playing on a trial account whose password had been recently reset to grant 45 free days of play. Since this character didn't matter to me, I made the impulsive decision to subscribe in hopes of getting a fusion blade on my actual account, and in case it sparked more activity in the game.

Fast forward a couple of weeks, I log into Planetside after a period of inactivity and see one other TR player online. We chatted about the good old days and shared opinions on Planetside 2. Not long after I mentioned brewko's interaction from a few weeks ago, my TR friend noticed Brewko was online on his friends list. Then I got hit by a meteor. Brewko stepped up his game this time though, he teleported us both (and an NC player) to Old Oshur, and proceeded to do things I never thought possible. He spawned tons of characters (the ones you see in the VR, they stood still) around the CY and spawned tanks that were suspended in mid air. He also gave us Loser merits and Fusion Blades (thanks brewko!) before eventually logging off. It was quite a scene, I wasn't used to seeing more than 4 name tags on my screen at once . Luckily I was logged into Xfire so I recorded some video of the events that occured, I uploaded them to Youtube (I apologize for the lack of audio).

Here are some pics as well:

In closing, I'd just like to thank Brewko for the awesome experience we had that day in Planetside. Hopefully there will come a time where the game once again lives (hoping for F2P on the 10 year anniversary), but it was very generous of Brewko to provide such a fun experience to the very few of us that were online at the time.

Last edited by Furber; 2013-03-23 at 07:47 PM.
Old 2013-03-23, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
CrazEpharmacist
Staff Sergeant

Re: Another instance of GM interaction, courtesy of Brewko (3/21)

WOW! Of course this happens the day after my subscription runs out Free to play can't come soon enough.
Old 2013-03-23, 08:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zulthus
Colonel

I log on every once in a while but no one else is on :C I always miss these things
Old 2013-03-23, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
GTGD
First Sergeant

That video looks like more fun than I could ever have playing PS2
Old 2013-03-25, 05:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Badjuju
First Sergeant

Man I miss planetside. PS2 is soooo damn boring atm. Trying my hardest to enjoy it but it just isn't happening. Id honestly rather log on and play with t he hand full of you still doing so over playing PS2 currently, but I don't want to fork out 15 a month to do so.

That looks awesome though, Brewko is the man.
Old 2013-03-25, 06:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Atheosim
Captain

Hahaha, awesome how you got XP for all those dummies.
Old 2013-03-26, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Heh, I guess Brewko is the closest thing to a deity we have in Planetside
Surpised how he could spawn in all those vehicles in that fashion, wonder how much time he spent doing it?

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion