Higby where is LA love? - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: RUN FOR YOU LIFE! IT'S DEH MANLOVE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-05-30, 04:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #46
Shogun
Contributor
General

Re: Higby where is LA love?

Originally Posted by BlaxicanX View Post
The problem with a lot of these ideas regarding new weapons and jetpacks and stuff is that they don't actually address the problem with LA, which is that the role they're designed to fulfill is... kind of ass. Ghost described it best. LA's basically exist to kill. That's it. They kill people. On average, you're looking at maybe 3-4 kills before you're stuck behind enemy lines with no more ammo, and that's it. In a game where there's on average a hundred people per side in every conflict, who more or less all respawn infinitely and within seconds, killing a few people just isn't all that important. It's more of an annoyance than anything.

So, giving LA more tools to kill people, while fun, isn't really helpful. The LA's role needs to be expanded, not made easier by giving them stronger weapons and new gimmicks for their jetpacks.
so in your eyes the max and HA classes are also totally useless? because their only role is to kill, which is of no use in a shooter where every killed soldier respawns?

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2013-05-30, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #47
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Maybe the LA and Inf classes should just be merged together.

Old 2013-05-30, 05:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #48
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
I could see them working in tandem far better than LA with cloaking and Sniper rifles or Infils with jectpacks, they're just too different to merge, not to mention I think people would like to see more classes not less.
If anything they could split the current Infil into two serperate classes, keep the original name for a proper cloaker with cloaking device similar original PS1 not continous but with enough time to move about and if you stand still you fade out but the more you move the less of an effect it has, CQB style & then add a Sniper class variant that does all the current PS2 Infils long range work.
If they are adding in implants as they plan then that could be the reason to have a darklight once again.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-05-30 at 06:05 AM.
Old 2013-05-30, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #49
Shumakun
Private

Originally Posted by Koadster View Post
How was the C4 nerfed a few times?
There was blast radius nerf, damage against sunderers nerfed, despawn after death was added

One thing I still wish to be added is Vanquish style jets

Old 2013-05-30, 06:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #50
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Shumakun View Post
There was blast radius nerf, damage against sunderers nerfed, despawn after death was added
damage against sunderer nerf?
when i deploy my sunderer, it goes from full health to destroyed in a single boom, and there´s always a LA on the killcam. so how much more damage could it do before the nerf?

i don´t have any c4 cert, so i don´t know how they do it, but it always feels like a single blow and the sundy is gone in a millisecond with no chance to react at all.

Old 2013-05-30, 06:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #51
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
damage against sunderer nerf?
when i deploy my sunderer, it goes from full health to destroyed in a single boom, and there´s always a LA on the killcam. so how much more damage could it do before the nerf?

i don´t have any c4 cert, so i don´t know how they do it, but it always feels like a single blow and the sundy is gone in a millisecond with no chance to react at all.
Have you certed armour upgrades for your Sundy?

I get mixed results when I drop 2xC4 on a Sunderer; sometimes it does the job (perhaps Sundy already damaged) but there are occasions when it doesn't. I think that it has been stated that 2xC4 will not kill a sunderer but will take it to the "Critically Damaged" state, where it will burn out quickly if not repaired.

And to those who say that LA's only job is to kill, you really are missing the importance of being able to flit over the rooftops and destroy Sunderers that are otherwise inaccessible. Can really change the flow of a battle if you succeed.
Old 2013-05-30, 06:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #52
Shogun
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by psijaka View Post
Have you certed armour upgrades for your Sundy?

I get mixed results when I drop 2xC4 on a Sunderer; sometimes it does the job (perhaps Sundy already damaged) but there are occasions when it doesn't. I think that it has been stated that 2xC4 will not kill a sunderer but will take it to the "Critically Damaged" state, where it will burn out quickly if not repaired.

And to those who say that LA's only job is to kill, you really are missing the importance of being able to flit over the rooftops and destroy Sunderers that are otherwise inaccessible. Can really change the flow of a battle if you succeed.
not enough certpoints for glorious armor yet. but it feels so wrong and weak if a giant armored bus can be blown up in a millisecond.

can light assault troops overcharge generators?
if so, people should really shut up about the "only kill" thing.

Old 2013-05-30, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
psijaka
Contributor
Major

One of the pleasures of Firefall is gliding; perhaps this should be a cert option for LA; an entire squad could descend from a high point to attack an outpost from an unexpected direction.

Old 2013-05-30, 11:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
AThreatToYou
Major

You can already "glide". It's called drifter jump jets. They suck.
Old 2013-05-30, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

The la doesnt need anymore dps. The class is very potent as is. I think the la could use some defensive abilities.
Old 2013-05-31, 01:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
so in your eyes the max and HA classes are also totally useless? because their only role is to kill, which is of no use in a shooter where every killed soldier respawns?
If you think that the predominant role of the HA and the MAX is to kill infantry, then your understanding of the game is is very poor.

Originally Posted by Baneblade View Post
Sadly, I think this is probably the best option.

Merge the two classes, and put the jetpack and the cloak under the same utility slot, so that you have to choose between the two.

I really don't think having a sniper rifle and a jetpack would be OP. You're still vulnerable to other snipers or jet-packers.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-05-31 at 01:38 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 04:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Shogun
Contributor
General

If you think that the predominant role of the HA and the MAX is to kill infantry, then your understanding of the game is is very poor.
if you think i wrote that, then your understanding of the written word is very poor.
their role is to kill. no word of infantry! just like LA

Old 2013-05-31, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
BlaxicanX
Sergeant Major

You can't "kill" vehicles... because they're not alive.

If you're going to play the lrn2english card, than at least use proper English.

Anyway, if you think being able to reliably kill everything in the game is the same thing as only being able to reliably kill infantry, then, once again, your knowledge of how the game works is poor.

Last edited by BlaxicanX; 2013-05-31 at 11:44 AM.
Old 2013-05-31, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #59
Shogun
Contributor
General

You can't "kill" vehicles... because they're not alive.

If you're going to play the lrn2english card, than at least use proper English.

Anyway, if you think being able to reliably kill everything in the game is the same thing as only being able to reliably kill infantry, then, once again, your knowledge of how the game works is poor.
lol. extremely unqualified post.
i haven´t played the learn english card, because i am no native english speaker.
and in your stupid argumentation you can´t kill infantry either because they are pixels and not alive as well.

and your last sentence reveals that you still didn´t understand a thing!
max, ha and la can kill(pardon destroy) reliably anything in the game (except aircrafts for the la, what i already admitted some posts ago).
but ok, you don´t want to understand what i am saying, and like to troll instead. the two guys on my ignorelist will not feel so lonely anymore.

Old 2013-05-31, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #60
Sunrock
Major

Originally Posted by Sledgecrushr View Post
The la doesnt need anymore dps. The class is very potent as is. I think the la could use some defensive abilities.
Giving a glass cannon defective abilities will just unbalance things. LA does not need any love just let this thread die...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion