Time that the deployment system was replaced with... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Where to come when you're out of Mt. Dew and cheez-its.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-01, 01:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Time that the deployment system was replaced with...

.. a network of Teleporters

I'm sure I'm not alone in being frustrated by the current deployment system; all too often it will give me bizarre and useless choices yet not let me get to somewhere 2 lattice links away.

Solution - replace deployment with a network of teleporters that follow the lattice.

These would be located in the spawn rooms so travel between lattice linked outposts would be fast, efficient and reliable. A spawn room would contain teleporters to all the adjacent outposts, so a small outpost would have 2, but a larger outpost might have 4. They would obviously need to have a sign on them saying where the destination was, and teleporting would only be possible between friendly outposts of course.

And introduce a TCU (teleport control unit). This would be located near the spawn room, but could be hackable; a hacked TCU would disable the teleport link to and from the outpost; potentially serious consequences and an ideal target for "Black Ops".

Deployment should remain as an option, but perhaps only to the warpgate and to spawn points within a small radius. Players would then use the quick teleport system to get to where they want.

This would need to be tied in to a revamp of the spawn system, otherwise people would just suicide and respawn; not quite sure what the answer is here other than limiting the radius of spawn options as for deployment above.

As an afterthought - a series of RCU (resource control units) could also be added. Hacking or disrupting these would interrupt the flow of resources through the lattice link (probably been mentioned before).

Last edited by psijaka; 2013-06-01 at 01:17 AM.
Old 2013-06-01, 01:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

Re: Time that the deployment system was replaced with...

All I know is I can spawn at places across the continent or further south, for instance, and NOT RIGHT FUCKING NEXT BASE OVER WHERE ALL THE FIGHTING IS GOING ON.

Devs, I dunno what you've done, but you've taken something really simple and intuitive and turned it into a nerdrage-inducing bore. You want to speed people into the fight? Then don't make me jump a Flash and die en route to Reaver-spam to get where I want to go.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
psijaka
Contributor
Major

Re: Time that the deployment system was replaced with...

I don't know why they have cocked up something that should be so simple. Should always be able to spawn at:

-the 4 nearest outposts/sunderers
-the outpost that has the most action involving your empire
-the warpgate
-and up to 3 outposts needing reinforcements.

If we had this I wouldn't have suggested a replacement (although I still like the idea of teleporting along the lattice lines and Black Ops to disrupt the teleport link).
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion