News: Nexus Battle Island Revealed - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Special prize in every box!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Old 2013-06-29, 05:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Chewy
Major

Re: Nexus Battle Island Revealed

http://img546.imageshack.us/img546/2...9222230449.png

Found it!. I think this is what Im looking at in 1:23. It has the huge holes in it just like the model.

edit-
poxon-
I wonder what else it hidden in the video. Didn't see anything odd on the NC tanks or what the infantry had.

Last edited by Chewy; 2013-06-29 at 05:36 PM.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Maidere
Sergeant

I if it wont be MLG only, it will be avalible like few hours per week. Otherwise openworld can lose a lot of players.
Old 2013-06-29, 05:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
typhaon
Sergeant Major

Meh.

So... the endgame of PS2 is CoD/BF-style 48 vs. 48 matches? Remember when every MMO decided they needed to become a WoW-clone and copy its endgame of instanced pve, rep grinding, and so forth... I feel like PS2 has become the FPS version of those games.

PS2 had the goodwill... every bit of encouragement from the fans... to try and do things differently... to basically try NEW and unique things... Instead - the farther along we've gone - the more SOE has tried to turn this game into just like every other FPS -- and in that arena, PS2 isn't as good as the better FPS.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Climhazzard
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
@ 1:23 what is the back Prowlers main weapon?
It's an new primary weapon. It's been known about for at least a month. I think it's on the Test Server now, but I could be wrong.

Originally Posted by poxon View Post
I look at that then Esamir and just think we need some forests.
Esamir is getting some trees along with the lattice update.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
ShadoViper
Staff Sergeant

Looks interesting, but also a bit generic. Hopefully it works out for them in the MLG circuit,

Not going to lie though, they really need to hire a new team for the video marketing in Planetside. That or give those people more time to work on them.

Last edited by ShadoViper; 2013-06-29 at 06:09 PM.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

It will be on the live servers also. Since they can not be linked via lattice yet, I think that the 2 empires with the largest amount of territory on all 3 Esamir,Amerish and Indar should each have access to a warpgate on Nexus.
So if the TR, NC and VS have 50%, 30% and 20% land respectively then the Tr and NC get to play at Nexus.
In the meantime the Vs have the chance to grab more territory and if they pass the NC then the warpgate switches from NC to VS.

Last edited by capiqu; 2013-06-29 at 06:40 PM.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

With regards to tying it into the normal day to day gameplay... I could see the devs making Nexus a place for factions to fight over in order to actually get a chance to conquer the island. Have factions fight over who gets to take it and then have the winner try and defend the island from another invading faction (Which of the other two factions get to invade would also need to be decided).
Basicly just have control of the island be about two factions fighting it out, not a threesome as we always have now.

Also glad to see some new indoor areas, hopefully we will be seeing more of then outside of the Nexus.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
k, no longer thrilled with the Nexus. It sounds like they're making a CoD/BF style map with 48v48 or whatever, everyone starts on equal footing not with their normal character. So basically it's completely disconnected from the regular game. /sadface
Ive heard higb say that there is going to be an mmo feature in these MLG maps. You basically build your character as you move across the map. If it ever makes it to the general populace Im sure that feature would be disabled for us.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
capiqu
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Game has to be on the live servers so that players can practice on the map. The only Difference between the battle Island and the other 3 conts its that Nexus will hold only 2 empires. you can play your normal character same battlerank same loadouts on the live server nexus. On the MLG nexus the rules will be different.

Old 2013-06-29, 06:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
Maidere
Sergeant

Originally Posted by ChipMHazard View Post
With regards to tying it into the normal day to day gameplay... I could see the devs making Nexus a place for factions to fight over in order to actually get a chance to conquer the island. Have factions fight over who gets to take it and then have the winner try and defend the island from another invading faction (Which of the other two factions get to invade would also need to be decided).
Basicly just have control of the island be about two factions fighting it out, not a threesome as we always have now.
Remember, it's 48v48, how is it gonna be decided who's going in?
Old 2013-06-29, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by Maidere View Post
Remember, it's 48v48, how is it gonna be decided who's going in?
I would have to say that there is going to be a que.
Old 2013-06-29, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
GeoGnome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Assist View Post
k, no longer thrilled with the Nexus. It sounds like they're making a CoD/BF style map with 48v48 or whatever, everyone starts on equal footing not with their normal character. So basically it's completely disconnected from the regular game. /sadface
Your mixing up MLG with what they will do with the battle islands.

The battle islands, according to Higby at E3, would be between warpgates in continental lattice. So you capture the battle island to get a hold of a larger real warpgate on a large continent

The battle islands are not JUST instanced for MLG, they will be available, and be part of the larger continental lattice

Last edited by GeoGnome; 2013-06-29 at 07:02 PM.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Calista
Second Lieutenant

I can just see it now... The Bending Part 2. Amerish, Indar and Esamir get bent into 4 parts each and all we have going forward are these islands.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
ChipMHazard
Contributor
PSU Moderator

Originally Posted by GeoGnome View Post
Your mixing up MLG with what they will do with the battle islands.

The battle islands, according to Higby at E3, would be between warpgates in continental lattice. So you capture the battle island to get a hold of a larger real warpgate on a large continent

The battle islands are not JUST instanced for MLG, they will be available, and be part of the larger continental lattice
Indeed. I'm sure that it will be able to support more than 96 players (Design wise), although I obviously have no idea if that's true or not. I don't know just how many players it would be able to support before just becoming a huge cluster fuck.

*Disclaimer: When participating in a discussion I do not do so in the capacity of a semidivine moderator. Feel free to disagree with any of my opinions.
Old 2013-06-29, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Carbon Copied
First Sergeant

What it's for aside (MLG) it's nice to see that they came up with something that looks to be vehicle restricted infantry areas.. without having to resort to fucking space umbrellas...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion